Ah, you have my sympathy. Good on you for trying!Actually, out of curiosity I pulled out my old iPad 2 running 8.1 and downloaded terraria from the App Store and terraria runs fine. Of course. Sigh. So my new tablet won't play it but my old, slow beast seems perfectly content to do so.
I don't underestimate the task CodeGlue (if I have the who's who straight) are up against. So many variables, so many configurations, so many possible pitfalls. But that's what faces any developer, mobile or not.
I wish them well, needless to say, even when I get frustrated by bugs old and new.
I linked to that post in one of my own, mentioning that I'd downloaded and sent in my crash logfiles. Naturally that post ended up last on its page.I noticed that 505Games posted in a couple of threads in the "Mobile Bug Report" section, saying that they're working on a fix and that you should send them an email with device info and os version.
This is excellent and perhaps there should be a sticky thread about this in the top of that section to maximize feedback to them solving this as fast as possible. Should also be good for newcomers and resulting in fewer threads saying almost the same things.