Mobile Mobile Terraria Easter Content & Bugfixes Galore!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, out of curiosity I pulled out my old iPad 2 running 8.1 and downloaded terraria from the App Store and terraria runs fine. Of course. Sigh. So my new tablet won't play it but my old, slow beast seems perfectly content to do so.
Ah, you have my sympathy. Good on you for trying!

I don't underestimate the task CodeGlue (if I have the who's who straight) are up against. So many variables, so many configurations, so many possible pitfalls. But that's what faces any developer, mobile or not.

I wish them well, needless to say, even when I get frustrated by bugs old and new.
[DOUBLEPOST=1429903884,1429903814][/DOUBLEPOST]
I noticed that 505Games posted in a couple of threads in the "Mobile Bug Report" section, saying that they're working on a fix and that you should send them an email with device info and os version.

This is excellent and perhaps there should be a sticky thread about this in the top of that section to maximize feedback to them solving this as fast as possible. Should also be good for newcomers and resulting in fewer threads saying almost the same things.

//daniel-san
I linked to that post in one of my own, mentioning that I'd downloaded and sent in my crash logfiles. Naturally that post ended up last on its page. :dryadhappy:

Main character would not load after the update, so I created a new character and started with the leftover gear from chests in the same world. Now the game crashes completely whenever I try and play. Wish I had joined these forums before I downloaded the update. Just found a corruption key mold the day before grabbing the update as well :* ( .

When are you going to fix the massive crash bugs in the iOS release? I can't even play the game on iPad Air 2. Every time I try to launch my world - crash. Every time I try to create a new world - crash.

Advice so far from 505 is to delete everything and throw away all of my progress, character, world, etc.

Are you effing kidding me?

When are you going to fix the massive crash bugs in the iOS release? I can't even play the game on iPad Air 2. Every time I try to launch my world - crash. Every time I try to create a new world - crash.

Advice so far from 505 is to delete everything and throw away all of my progress, character, world, etc.

Are you effing kidding me?
Read a page or two back. Try reading before jumping to conclusions.

I kept terraria downgraded on 1 of my phones from the thanksgiving update 1.1 since im not confident with the 1.2 update and I reccomend people to lay low on 1.1 but idk if there is a way to downgrade without an apk (its piracy if u download it so no) but 1.1 runs great never crashes and still has a decent content thx to console items and cloud suport still works for me even in 1.1 :). would be neat to downgrade apps but it would lead to problems :(

I could cry . I had an empty slot so why not make a new character and just use some of the old stuff I have in different chests, I am a collector after all. Used up all of my extra hearts, made a decent character and clicked on the piggy bank and now can't load that guy any more. Why!!!!

Too be honest im hyped for the new bugfixes :) at least we know 1.2 will be fixed instead of last year people groaning that 1.2 wasnt out for mobile yet. im amazed they got it to run smoothly even for phones in the first place. they will probably be done patching by next celebration. dont give up terrarians there is still hope for the game :happy:

I'm more into the idea that it might not be that 505 and Codeglue are too lazy for the bug fixes. I think they might be working on 1.2.2 Mobile. Just a speculation ;)

Good day, Terrarians!

Spring has finally sprung (well at least in the half of the globe), and we are here to let everyone know of a few things coming very soon to the Terraria Mobile platform. First, the Easter content will once again be available (or available for the first time for our newer Terrarians ;) ). You can take a few minutes to check out what all this entails on the Terraria Wiki if you want.

In addition to the fun Easter content (Coming in April), what Spring would be complete without a little Spring cleaning? Well, for us that means cleaning out some nasty bugs that have been plaguing our Mobile Terrarians! We hope that these bugfixes will help make everyone's mobile experience far more enjoyable. As always, apologies for the bugs and the time needed to fix them - please keep letting us know about any that you find!

The planned release for all of this is tomorrow on Google Store, and it will be out on Amazon as soon as possible (pending approval).

Without further ado, here is your changelog for the coming update!
· Fixed crash for android 2.3 users
· Fixed issue where accessories weren’t being drawn
· Fixed rendering of jack-o-lantern
· Fixed issue where ‘hot using’ an item would use it twice instead of once
· NPC moving-in code fixed, Truffle NPC should move in quicker
· Crafting now recognizes when it should use lead or iron bars
· Crafting now recognizes correctly which type of wood it should use
· Fixed crash on suspension while in crafting screen
· Added blue & green wrenches
· Golem now has correct values for health & damage
· Ocram is a bit more difficult to fight
· Lowered mummy spawn chance in pyramid
· Hardmode spawnrate has been made slightly faster
· Holiday bauble has a chance to spawn from a cut down tree
· Fixed the following drill types:
Mythril
Palladium
Orichalcum
Titanium
Chlorophyte

· Fixed issue where sell prices might not update correctly
· Fixed issue where 1.2 items were not reforgeable
· Fixed several multiplayer issues:
Fixed issue where no HUD was displayed as client
Fixed issue where dyes were not correctly synced

· Fixed rare crash when returning from suspension
· Fixed crashes related to suspending the game
· Fixed bug where you were able to craft certain items, while you should not be able to
· Fixed various incorrectly working projectiles
· Tweaked snow particles
· Small performance improvements

Again, we cannot thank you all enough for being our customers and fans of Terraria! We apologize for the bugs that do occur, appreciate your reporting them to us, and remain committed to giving each of you a fantastic Terraria experience.
[DOUBLEPOST=1430166570,1430166346][/DOUBLEPOST]Since this Easter update I cannot no longer play terraria. I was in hard mode on my iOS 8.3 iPhone 6 and was told to reinstalled the game which I did and lost nearly everything. But again soon could not load the game as it keeps crashing upon opening the game. When will there be an update to fix the game as I really want to get back to playing this great game!!

Well I have now locked up all 3 characters. The first one that never loaded. The second locked when I clicked on piggy bank. And now my last open slot is locked up after I got the extractinator. Guess I have to wait for the bug fix, I hope it comes soon

I don't much care for bug-fixes...just so long as there is good content. I was fine with 1.2. Sure, the crashes are annoying, but that doesn't stop me from playing. Heck, I've done over 5 playthrough in this version. So, maybe we can just hope for something new...something...festive ;)

I can play terraria for a little bit then it crashes once I make a new world then when I hit play the game button and it freezes up and crashes I can't even select a character I need a update that fixes every problem involving crashes and soon plz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom