Mobile Terraria Fixes

Hello Mobile Terrarians!

We have another round of fixes for you. Both Google Play and iOS are now in the submission process and if all goes well there, will be out to you within a few days. Click the spoiler below for the complete list of fixes. On the Windows side, Windows 10 based devices should now work and devices with less than 1GB Ram are back (details below). For the Amazon version, we have added support for non-Amazon devices, but the same system requirements apply. You can expect the next round to bring Windows Phone and Amazon back into full alignment with the iOS and Google Play versions. Thanks as always for your patience and support!

GOOGLE PLAY/iOS (In Submission)

Fix - Incorrect ranged damage appears for the item 'Egg Cannon’.
Fix - Incorrect item "Fancy Dishes" is obtained on destroying 'Fancy Dishes'.
Fix - More than one Light Pets can be summoned at the same time.
Fix - The item "Tattered fairy wings" fails to emit yellow light.
Fix - Demon altar spawns in the dungeon.
Fix - Water fails to flow when the player opens the door.
Fix - Incorrect image appears for the 'Alchemy Station'.
Fix - The Phoenix Blaster weapon can be auto-fire.
Fix - The selling price of the item 'Arctic Diving Gear' appears to be incorrect.
Fix - The player is teleported into golem temple before defeating plantera.
Fix - Projectiles are fired from the item 'north pole' automatically when the game starts.
Fix - Confetti Wall and Midnight Confetti Wall fails to function as intended.
Fix - Pet mini minotaur fails to summon by using the item 'Tartar Sauce'
Fix - Game crashes on using the item North Pole.
Fix - Beenade works in PvP mode.
Fix - Pets fail to summon on using following items.
Fix - The item possessed hatchet fails to hover round the player's death point.
Fix - The item "Jack 'O Lantern Launcher" flips downwards when it is pointed vertically 90 degrees upward.
Fix - Player fails to use the potions placed in the inventory bar.
Fix - Game name 'Terraria' appears to be misaligned in main menu.
Fix - NPC guide named 'Andrew' fails to drop the item 'Green cap' upon death.
Fix - The item "Horn 'o' Plenty" fails to function as intended.
Fix - iOS - The game crashed upon opening the inventory (Note- upon rebooting, it was discovered that the cloud world was nowhere to be found.)
Fix - Player fails to get 'Bait' as a reward while using any Crates.
Fix - Player is unable to place 'Platinum Candle' over 'Table' and 'Work Benches’.
Fix – A number of random Game Crash issues have been addressed with this update
Fix - Game crashes as the Merchant icon appears inside the house.
Fix - The player is unable to access the cloud characters and world.
Fix - Game crashes on accessing mini map.
Fix - NPC guide named 'Andrew' fails to drop the item 'Green cap' upon death.
Fix - Text 'Yes' overlaps on the 'Auto Equip’ option.WINDOWS PHONE (Released last week)

WINDOWS PHONE
  • Win10 based devices should now work
  • Support for devices with less than 1GB of RAM returned – HOWEVER, please note that stable performance cannot be guaranteed for these devices. We felt it was better to give you the chance to play a potentially unstable game rather than have no chance to play it at all.

AMAZON
  • Support for all Non-Amazon devices added – please note that you still must meet the minimum RAM (1GB) and OS (Ice Cream Sandwich OS 4.0.2 or above) requirements for your device to work.

Remember, you can report mobile bugs here. You can also check out mobile FAQs or open a support ticket by visiting our Support Portal.
Still can't wait for the moon lord, i need a new challenge

Well, good new is, we got an update on GooglePlay (paid version).
Bad new is, my game world crash once load.

I have 3 copies of backup of my world and character.
-Each with difference date:- 16Jul, 25Jul,26Jul.
-I have a rooted Android device. So, I can copy my game save to another location. Do it almost everyday.
-Did load the previous 16Jul save, and it still crash on load. (Means, my world is perfectly OK before update.)

And now what? post to the bugs-report and start a new world?

Bugs reported here.
http://forums.terraria.org/index.ph...crash-when-entering-world.47178/#post-1046258

Last edited:
Man it's great that there is a new update for Amazon!....but what is not good is that it made the game unplayable by making all sprites (Tiles, Characters, Monsters, Items, etc.) Completely invisible. Actually the character is not invisible but when creating when it is severely glitched out. I have snapshots of the
"beauty" of this update.
Screenshot_2016-07-25-20-16-20.png
Screenshot_2016-07-25-19-36-00.png
Screenshot_2016-07-25-19-32-50.png
Screenshot_2016-07-25-19-35-39.png

I'm having the same issue of my worlds crashing as well. The only world that works is my last created world. My main world with all my stuff crashes as well as two others

Confirming from 505 that they saw the reports on the crashing you guys are reporting and it is being looked into now.

Amazon is dead? Are there further issues beyond what they just addressed?
so when does the update come out

Oh I forgot about the invisible enemies. Here are some examples of that
Screenshot_2016-07-26-00-07-15.png
Screenshot_2016-07-26-00-06-58.png

[doublepost=1469506487,1469506364][/doublepost]
I'm having the same issue of my worlds crashing as well. The only world that works is my last created world. My main world with all my stuff crashes as well as two others
Uh. This is not a before crash screen, I can move around, attack, etc. with no crashing. A crash is when the game closes.

Man it's great that there is a new update for Amazon!....but what is not good is that it made the game unplayable by making all sprites (Tiles, Characters, Monsters, Items, etc.) Completely invisible. Actually the character is not invisible but when creating when it is severely glitched out. I have snapshots of the
"beauty" of this update.View attachment 129911 View attachment 129912 View attachment 129914 View attachment 129913
Oh I forgot about the invisible enemies. Here are some examples of that
View attachment 129937 View attachment 129938
[doublepost=1469506487,1469506364][/doublepost]
Uh. This is not a before crash screen, I can move around, attack, etc. with no crashing. A crash is when the game closes.
You both should open a support ticket or post a thread about it - this isn't the best place to report bugs.

Hi, we are desperately trying to reproduce these issues so we can identify the route problem(s). As you can imagine, it is a bit of a drawn out process as it requires us to use one build to create data and then follow an upgrade path to try and reproduce it-- so very time consuming. We appreciate your patience and will update you as soon as we have news.

@xXSwagnem8Xx , I'm not seeing this behavior on my own Kindle (3rd gen, version 1.2.12000, updated July 18th)
I have seen the same on an old world, however due to the device i haven't tested it much. However i will note it seems to not want to load as easily or something. The first load i had near empty texture, 2nd lots were missing still, i managed to set spawn in my house but i only got one share screen.

A new world rendered fine however and my character creation is fine as well. Only have issues on my only remaining world. (Game messed up last week and all my data was wiped for some reason.. :( )

Hi, we are desperately trying to reproduce these issues so we can identify the route problem(s). As you can imagine, it is a bit of a drawn out process as it requires us to use one build to create data

I am gonna go ahead and announce that there is a massive texture load issue. However this only happens while in a save from before the update. As i lost all mine i can only confirm with a cloud world and local backup.

You both should open a support ticket or post a thread about it - this isn't the best place to report
I'm kinda new to this forum do I don't really know how to do either. Sorry

@xXSwagnem8Xx , I'm not seeing this behavior on my own Kindle (3rd gen, version 1.2.12000, updated July 18th)
Huh. Idk why cuz I also have that version and device (kindle fire hd gen 3) but each main version of the kindle has a minor difference splitting them into different versions. I forgot what it was called

Hi, we are desperately trying to reproduce these issues so we can identify the route problem(s). As you can imagine, it is a bit of a drawn out process as it requires us to use one build to create data and then follow an upgrade path to try and reproduce it-- so very time consuming. We appreciate your patience and will update you as soon as we have news.
I didn't see any posts about iOS crashes. I'm crashing on start up since today's update. I'm up to date on my iOS.

Ok, so I loaded up my world that I keep all my stuff in, and I see this. I go on my phone and use a cloud save, and Terraria closes, and says "Terraria has stopped". I continue to try to get the world to work on both devices (phone and tablet), but to no avail. PLEASE fix this!
20160726_191630.jpg

Back
Top Bottom