Hot on the heels of our Terraria on mobile1.2.3-1.2.4 announcement (in case you missed it, click HERE to check it out!), we wanted to share some of the other things we have been working on in parallel for Mobile. We hope this round of information and updates will continue to help improve the Mobile Terraria experience for everyone - as always, your feedback is most welcome and encouraged!
ALIGNING MOBILE: BALANCING & BUGFIXES
We will be releasing a rather large set of fixes and balancing changes within the next several weeks for all platforms - including Windows Phone and Amazon Appstore (more on that in a second). The changelog for these changes - compared to the current App Store (iOS)/Google Play builds - is listed below for your information. We worked alongside Re-Logic to drive a lot of these changes (thanks guys!), and we are confident they will enhance Terraria on mobile to a noticeable degree. We have additional plans in the queue - along with continuing to find and fix bugs/issues - that we will share at a later date.
Windows Phone and Amazon Appstore players - we wanted to take a second out to speak directly to you. We know you have waited a long time for all of these fixes and tweaks that have been rolling out of late to App Store (iOS) and Google Play players. This was an unfortunate side effect of the fast and furious pace with which we have been trying to gather and fix bugs, rebalance, etc. coupled with the varying submission processes and requirements across platforms - we were stuck in a catch-22 with either staggered rollouts or waiting until we had one big list to push through all at once. We chose the latter - now the great news is that the fixes below (coupled with all of the earlier fixes for the other platforms) will be submitted at the same time. In full transparency, this still likely means a few weeks lag for you guys - based on those submission processes - but it IS coming your way.
This will bring Terraria back to feature parity across all mobile platforms prior to the 1.2.3-4 content update.
- Day and night cycles are now longer once entering hardmode (same length as PC)
- Day and night cycles are now longer when an event is happening (eclipse, pumpkin moon and all invasions)
- Enemies overall are stronger than before
- Bloodmoon is more aggressive, spawning more enemies
- Eye of cthulhu has been slightly nerfed, does a little bit less damage in phase 2.
- Servants of cthulhu have a high chance to drop a recovery heart.
- Goblin invasions are more likely to spawn in pre-hardmode and less likely in hardmode
- Queen Bee has been buffed (more health, slightly higher defense and damage)
- Lihzahrd temple traps can now only be mined using the picksaw
- Lihzahrd power cell drop chance increased from 1% to 2%
- Golem has more defense
- Meteors are now slightly smaller in size, causing less destruction.
- The Solar Eclipse event now has a higher chance to spawn (over time)
- Mushroom Spear buy price has been changed to 70 gold
- Cutlass has been slightly nerfed (does less damage)
- The Pumpkin Moon event has been buffed
- Changed the starting items, now a player starts with a wooden broadsword instead of a copper broadsword
- Auto aim has been improved
- Auto aim is now available when playing with a controller (ie Fire TV and Moga)
- Zooming is disabled as long as you are using a virtual joystick, hopefully causing less accidental zoom-ins.
- Player now emits a dark blue light
- Added extra fast crafting, will now craft multiples after ~5 seconds
- Rope climbing has been improved
- Jumping has been improved
- Quick Grapple has been improved (quick grapple: slide from center of the screen to a direction, it automatically uses a grappling hook in your inventory)
- Smart Cursor has been improved
- Tweaked the way recipes are discovered. Discovery of crafting stations are made faster, thus allowing easier access to advanced crafting items.
- Tweaked the way biomes get recognized, resulting in better biome switches
Minor Changes taken from PC 1.3
- Chlorophyte is able to turn corrupted/bloody grass into grass and dirt into mud
- Sunflowers give off light during the night
- Pinky now has a higher chance to drop the slime staff
- Fixed bug where waterfall animations were twice as fast as intended
- Fixed bug where Ice Bats would drop Staff of Frost
- Fixed bug where the minimap would not display the correct colors
- Fixed bug where Heart Crystals would give off the incorrect sounds when struck
- Fixed bug with Smart Cursor where it would not go by default to the tree center
- Fixed bug where ranged weapons would fire too slowly
- Fixed bug where the player's shirt was incorrectly rendered
- Fixed bug where placing torches would instantly destroy them
- Smart Cursor no longer breaks torches and ropes
- Armor no longer should auto equip into vanity slots upon crafting
- Fixed bug where Cursed Sapling was not being dropped by Mourning Wood
- Fixed bug where Pirate Captain, when killed, would show five heads as gore instead of body parts
- Fixed bug where NPC icons on the minimap would be really small
- Fixed bug where the Pirate Map would drop everywhere in the world. Now it can only be found near the sea
- Fixed bug where item stats would not correctly reset when switching tabs
- Jungle Temple Door is no longer breakable using dynamite
- Fixed bug where screen would flicker red when other players would receive damage in multiplayer
- Network code has been improved
- Fixed bug where Turtle Armor could instantly destroy the Dungeon Guardian
- Fixed crash bug related to putting chests on boulders
- Fixed a bug related to enemies and biome recognition - Plantera should no longer enrage while still in the jungle
- Fixed bug where Mannequins was not properly rendered
- Fixed crash related to MOGA controller support
- Fixed bug where, when a player had vanity items equiped, the shown defense was incorrect
- Fixed bug where goblin scout and king slime never meet the requirements to spawn
- Searches faster for local network games (every 4 seconds instead of 10 seconds)
- Fixed memory leak on android devices
- Fixed small memory leak related to the display of NPC names
- Fixed issue where iCloud would backup too many files
We have developed - and will continue to build upon - an internal and external knowledge base with the goal of improving the customer service experience. Flowing out of that work comes our Mobile Terraria FAQ, which is available by clicking the header text above. This thread will contain useful information for getting started, checking specs, reporting/resolving issues, and more. It is also a "living document" - one that we will add to and edit over time as things evolve and change.
Well, that is it for now. We cannot wait to get both the fixes above and the coming content updates in your hands very soon. We have other plans in store for Mobile Terraria - but we will save those for another time.
Enjoy everyone - and please never hesitate to tell us how we can help improve your Mobile Terraria experience!
Last edited by a moderator: