Mobile Terrarians Assemble! Mobile 1.3 Launches Today!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm. Yeah that's weird for sure. Well wither way I'm glad it's finally out after all this time. Thank you Pipeworks, you did a damn good job. Can't wait to see mobile advance in the future! `;)

I still dont have the update (im in usa) hopefully soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
k now next is 1.3.1, controller support, more control customization (including a easier way to jump with the left stick, like you press a new button and swipe up-to-jump with ls would work, just like swapping smart cursor on/off)

Sad guide face time :(.
I knew it from first when devs mentioned minium specs that my tablet won't launch the game. But I wanted to join the hype. So I decided to buy a new one. But my father say he will buy it 2 years later. (after I finished study). So everyone, enjoy the update without me :(

It’s the best thing ever!!!!!!!!
Quick question, is there any servers for mobile yet??
THE BEST UPDATE EVER!!!!

it's because you don't have opengl 3.0. If you are lucky and rooted, you can try gltools.
We won't support people who rooted/jailbroke their device to bypass the device restrictions. Just FYI.

(and sorry your device isn't compatible :( )

Btw, just wondering how the online multiplayer works. Nobody near me is in a local server but the online part doesn't seem to show anything.

You can't attack/jump/move directionally at the same time, or fly and attack... is this going to be fixed?
Not true, I do this constantly. It just takes practice to learn how.

And I do it with left thumb/left stick to jump/fly/move, right hand touch with a capacitive stylus. No crazy multi-touch shenanigans.
Also, I'm no mobile gaming pro, I can barely type out a text message.

So ive been playing the update, and im honestly not too happy with the new controls. You know i keep misclicking every button on the screen. Of course with time ill get used to it, but the problem is there is a huge amount of buttons, and some of them actually are useless. An example is the 2 use buttons, they are useless because clicking on the right stick does the same anyway, plus you already have the swipe-to-use option.

Also, i cant even say enough how much i absolutely HATE having to swipe up twice each time i want to jump. Its like trying to dash with the old controls except every time you want to jump! We atleast should have gotten an option for this because i assure all of you that me and many others agree that we would almost never have accidental mis-clicks with the old controls. The only things that were missing from the old controls were quick heal/mana and grapplestick. With these new controls many times i find myself accidentally clicking buttons just because i slide my hand .06 of an inch away from the left and right joysticks.

The new interface is really the only reason i got the update, because for 4 years, 1 new boss plus a replaced boss is not worth the wait but if this ui got changed it would be well worth everything.
I really hope you all made some changes. I remember suggesting quite awhile ago options to change the transparency of controls, plus being able to remove controls you dont want.
Also, we need a better customization. I dont want to move 1/3rd of the interface. I want to move specific buttons.

Anyways, the new update needs serious changes. I dont want to argue about it because seriously, misclicking constantly and not being able to use, aim, or jump at the same time with no way to fix, is absolutely horrible to many people and not just me.

EDIT: So i found a bug, but in the report area it requires me to say the build number. I would be able to fill that out but its a multiple choice and my number isnt listed. What should i do?

Last edited:
You can't attack/jump/move directionally at the same time, or fly and attack... is this going to be fixed?
You can attack jump and move any the same time.

You just need to adjust to it.
You feel like it’s not working or not doing the thing you wanted is that you are not used to the controls.

Hell I am not used to it either.

Just played around 1 hour now. But I know this is a really big improvement.

I hope all terrarians will appreciate the thing DR studio have done.

People with programming skills will know how hard it is to implement a proper user interface.
As a developer ( not of terraria) I see the improvement and how hard the terraria developers worked.

Just give some time. You will like it.

NRLP can you mention me in your videos? :)

I've found the reason why some Galaxy Tab A's aren't working
Apparently there's two different versions of the device, one has Open GL ES 3.0 (10.1) while the other doesn't (7.0), I unfortunately have the 7.0 version :'(

At least I can still play the 1.2 update

Probably save up to get the Switch version so I can play 1.3 :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom