Mobile Terrarians Assemble! Mobile 1.3 Launches Today!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it is possible. If the old worlds/characters have the same file extension as the old Mobile version.

From here: Terraria Mobile 1.3 Local File Structure, Explained You would copy your files into the "OldSaves" folder, and after you start the game, it should convert them into new files to be compatible with the new update. It is worth a try.

Great! Thank you!! I'll give that a try! Loving this update!!!

And I would like to say that I love the new UI and controlls! It had a bit of a learning curve at first but it becomes easier with practice, time and patience! I hope more people who feel the same will post as well! I've read a lot of posts about the UI and controlls that weren't the most positive . For everyone involved in this update as well as the Moderators of this forum, Thank you! Its been a long road and a lot of hard work and it shows in the end product! I, for one, greatly appreciate it!! Thank you again!

My device is listed in the minimum requirements part, Galaxy Tab A, 2016, but it's saying I don't meet the requirements.
Anything I can do?

I am using the same device and it works for me
If it isnt downloading on playstore
Try resseting the app

If that doesnt work your device may need a system update.
After checking for updates try again

If it still isnt working you might have to check you have given play store all the permissions it needs.
Hope this helps

I updated the game on my Moto G (4) (not play or plus variant) and there's just one real problem: Ilumination.
The way the lighting spreads causes a lot of lag. It was lagging so much while fighting the Lunatic Cultist, but i still won only becausa i was using the Spectre Armor and the healing was constant. Ilumination was extremely smooth on the previous version on my device and i could play totally fine. There's just no way i can play the way it's is now. Hope u guys find some solution in a near future :)

Last edited:
A question about the lighting:
Will we be able to change the lighting scheme from retro (the one enabled now) to the colour lighting option that is used on PC and Console?
I am aware that console doesn't have this changeable option however, and I completely understand why you may not be able to do this.

ehhh, I'd prefer an option to change the way to jump with the left stick back to how it was. itd make ranged and caster combat much smoother
dont get me wrong, double tapping up to jump on PC, or even consoles, can work well, but on mobile it just doesnt flow well while also trying to dodge attacks, especially with wings.

Last edited:
Hmm... Maybe check the file size? If it shows as 0 kbs then the file is corrupt or empty. There are files like that in my cloud so the character and world doesn't load properly
Yes the file size is only 7b . I think only miracle will happen if my old world retrieved. and recently I just started a new world although the controller is a bit hard when I'm making houses but when it comes fighting it's easy ... Anyway thanks man..

btw is somebody know how to fire different portal from portal gun
[doublepost=1566994750,1566994345][/doublepost]i can only fire the red portal projectile

ehhh, I'd prefer an option to change the way to jump with the left stick back to how it was. itd make ranged and caster combat much smoother
dont get me wrong, double tapping up to jump on PC, or even consoles, can work well, but on mobile it just doesnt flow well while also trying to dodge attacks, especially with wings.
Same, i love the update but i prefer the left stick to jump tho.

Freed up storage to 1.2 GBs free space, all available software updates downloaded and restarted my device a lot of times. Terraria 1.3 still doesn't show up on my Google Play Store for some reason.

I'm on a Samsung Galaxy Tab A (2016), which is said to meet the minimum specs for the update. If it doesn't work, then it's gonna be sad news for me since I have to buy a new phone (and spare a lot of my currently available money for school funds). Hopefully someone has the workaround for my problem! Thanks!

(If someone already posted the solution previously, just quote it!)

For portal guns, sorry it's not super obvious but:

The smart interact button fires one colour, the small fire button near right stick fires another colour! That is one of the reasons there's 2 buttons to fire :)

Hope that helps!

btw is somebody know how to fire different portal from portal gun
[doublepost=1566994750,1566994345][/doublepost]i can only fire the red portal projectile
I know DR Studios already answered, but I was in the middle of making this screenshot to help when I noticed that. :) So I'll post it in hopes that it helps explain more. With the Portal Gun selected, tap on the screen to fire the first yellow portal. Then position the cursor where you want the second blue portal, and tap the Smart Interact button on the left hand side (I outlined it in blue). (click to enlarge image)
IMG_2476.jpg

Freed up storage to 1.2 GBs free space, all available software updates downloaded and restarted my device a lot of times. Terraria 1.3 still doesn't show up on my Google Play Store for some reason.

I'm on a Samsung Galaxy Tab A (2016), which is said to meet the minimum specs for the update. If it doesn't work, then it's gonna be sad news for me since I have to buy a new phone (and spare a lot of my currently available money for school funds). Hopefully someone has the workaround for my problem! Thanks!

(If someone already posted the solution previously, just quote it!)
Send all your info with as much detail as possible here: Terraria: Console & Mobile Bug Form

Now i have to wait until i can play Terraria because i keep getting a pink screen and i don't know how to fix this bug ;/
What device are you on? It sounds like it's a device that doesn't meet the minimum requirements. Send your info about your device here: Terraria: Console & Mobile Bug Form

I’m selling an influx waver for 2 gold if anyone wants it
[doublepost=1567001831,1567001814][/doublepost]Oh wait I can just give it to the merchant

how to enable UI Scale in the Interface Settings
That is only available on larger devices (tablets) at this time, I believe. I don't know if they plan on making that workable on smaller screens.

edit: this is what I see on my moto Z3:

UI scaling.png

It's disabled for me as well

Last edited:
When you said "hopefully soon" for Amazon, did you mean that it will possibly be coming out anywhere from 1-4 weeks later or were you thinking more like a matter of days until us Kindle Fire users will be enjoying this update as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom