Mobile Terrarians Assemble! Mobile 1.3 Launches Today!

Status
Not open for further replies.
how to enable UI Scale in the Interface Settings
That is only available on larger devices (tablets) at this time, I believe. I don't know if they plan on making that workable on smaller screens.

edit: this is what I see on my moto Z3:

View attachment 226163

It's disabled for me as well
To add on to what Tunnel King said, this is what it looks like on my iPad Air 2. It all depends on your screen size. If your screen is smaller there's not as much room for the UI to scale.

IMG_2479.PNG

Again just wanted to appreciate the work done by the developers of DR studio.

But I feel like in order to appreciate the work done by the developers you have to be a developer as well.

People in the terraria community Appreciate the work. This is huge amount of work and lots of hard work. Many sleepless nights as well.

Plus remember this currently gaming industry is based on loot boxes and dlc and stuff.

Mainly the companies want to milk the users for pretty much everything.

Terraria 1.3 came with 0 additional cost.

Considering that I don’t think the developers of the DR studio don’t deserve some of the hate that they get from the players. ( not mentioning anyone particular)

But keep above things in mind terrarians.

Happy exploring.

From a fellow terrarian.

Started playing the new updated 1.3 Terraria. Love the fact that I can finally fight The Moon Lord. However, could we have the previous controls back? Maybe as an option.. To choose which controls we want. Fighting against Duke fish Ron was an absolute massacre for me

How do I backup my character
[doublepost=1567012232,1567011799][/doublepost]An Someone give me directions on how to back up a character

How do I backup my character
[doublepost=1567012232,1567011799][/doublepost]An Someone give me directions on how to back up a character
I'm AN someone and I will tell you: in android go to file manager -> android -> data -> com.505games.terrariapaid -> player - and backup player file you want. In iOS ... I don't think there is a proper file manager :)

Управление очень плохое!
1) Для движения используется-левый палец, для прыжка-правый, а каким пальцем стрелять?
2) Стрелять можно лишь в направлении движения персонажа, как игроку двигаться влево и стрелять вправо?

Управление очень плохое!
1) Для движения используется-левый палец, для прыжка-правый, а каким пальцем стрелять?
2) Стрелять можно лишь в направлении движения персонажа, как игроку двигаться влево и стрелять вправо?

1. Overtime, you'll develop your own playstyle. You can either press on the open area of the screen itself to shoot weapons/tools, or use the Aim & Use Feature and use the right stick for combat. It depends which is more comfortable for you. I generally use my thumb/right pointer finger to press on the screen to use weapons and alternate with the lower right buttons on when I need to grapple or build with precision. It can take time to get used to, but using your right finger/thumb for both jumping and shooting can be done.

2. That will also depend on the weapon or tool you're using. For Ranged/Magic Weapons, it will aim in the direction of your crosshair which you can move around by pressing on the open screen or right stick with aim & use. While using some melee weapons, it will only allow your character to face in one direction while swinging it. Some melee weapons allow you to turn in other directions, but not all of them.

The controls can be reviewed in more detail here: Terraria Mobile 1.3 Controls: An Introduction My best advice is to continue playing and experimenting to find out what works for yourself best. The controls will get easier as you play more. After the initial learning curve they feel smooth.

1. Overtime, you'll develop your own playstyle. You can either press on the open area of the screen itself to shoot weapons/tools, or use the Aim & Use Feature and use the right stick for combat. It depends which is more comfortable for you. I generally use my thumb/right pointer finger to press on the screen to use weapons and alternate with the lower right buttons on when I need to grapple or build with precision. It can take time to get used to, but using your right finger/thumb for both jumping and shooting can be done.

2. That will also depend on the weapon or tool you're using. For Ranged/Magic Weapons, it will aim in the direction of your crosshair which you can move around by pressing on the open screen or right stick with aim & use. While using some melee weapons, it will only allow your character to face in one direction while swinging it. Some melee weapons allow you to turn in other directions, but not all of them.

The controls can be reviewed in more detail here: Terraria Mobile 1.3 Controls: An Introduction My best advice is to continue playing and experimenting to find out what works for yourself best. The controls will get easier as you play more. After the initial learning curve they feel smooth.

My younger sibling already mastered their controls before I could, and let’s just say that they absolutely LOVE the new controls! Now I’ll have to master them myself! ~:D

I would like smooth lighting to be an option

More lighting choices are likely to be explored. Color will be the first probably. Whether or not they make it to the game will depend on performance.

Improved fight coming in the update sitting at Google/Apple

Imgur

More jumping options already indev for the update to submit right behind it.

More customization options planned to come along with the controller support update, which will start right after all of the launch fixes.

I'm AN someone and I will tell you: in android go to file manager -> android -> data -> com.505games.terrariapaid -> player - and backup player file you want. In iOS ... I don't think there is a proper file manager :)

Yes there is. ;)

Files App, native to iOS.

1) почему игроку, пользующемуся оружием ближнего боя, нельзя атаковать в противоположной стороне, как это было в 1.2
2) Объяснить, как вы одновременно прыгаете и атакуете? Это не удобно и почти невозможно! Что делать игрокам с диагональю 4дм (дюйммы), ведь кнопки там маленькие!
Я считаю, что лучше было реализовать прыжок-левым джойстиком как в версии 1.2 (могу ли я обратиться к этой просьбе к разработчикам или донести им эту информацию?)

@Loki maybe in the controls/customization update if developers will consider adding an option to scale inventory, crafting (I mean generally inventory UI). Because on smaller screens inventory boxes I think are too small and it's little bit difficult to read. It might be for those who want to make inventory boxes bigger on screen instead of screen space. What do you think about that kind of option? ;)

@Loki maybe in the controls/customization update if developers will consider adding an option to scale inventory, crafting (I mean generally inventory UI). Because on smaller screens inventory boxes I think are too small and it's little bit difficult to read. It might be for those who want to make inventory boxes bigger on screen instead of screen space. What do you think about that kind of option? ;)

1.3.5 for PC added the option to scale the UI. I imagine once Mobile hits 1.3.5 as well, that option will likely be available. I can't say for certain as there's no estimate on what will come next for Mobile beyond bug fixes & optimizations.

My Samsung Galaxy Tab A keeps on lagging insanely with the update, how do I turn off the new graphics the update brings? My tablet is on Android version 7.1.1 and has 1GB of RAM. The gameplay runs on <30 FPS, while the menus are >30. I am using an old world + character.

My Samsung Galaxy Tab A keeps on lagging insanely with the update, how do I turn off the new graphics the update brings? My tablet is on Android version 7.1.1 and has 1GB of RAM. The gameplay runs on <30 FPS, while the menus are >30. I am using an old world + character.

Go to the Settings Menu and click on the 3rd icon from the left (The video icon) From there you can adjust your settings to what your device will run better.

Go to the Settings Menu and click on the 3rd icon from the right (The video icon) From there you can adjust your settings to what your device will run better.
I have done that and it still lags. It doesn’t lag as much, but it still lags with the FPS being <30 at most times. I mean, it doesn’t matter if it’s a smooth 60fps for me, I think it runs fine at 30.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom