Mobile Terrarians Assemble! Mobile 1.3 Launches Today!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi developer y terraria was not launched in Hong Kong
I can only see the app link on web but can’t open it and download it
The pop up is said that the app is not available in my current region, damn.
I’ve been keeping refreshing my store more frequently than checking my crush’s messages.
In addition, I’m using iphone xr ios12.4 with 216gb, still have hundred gbs free space
I’m mad at waiting it, sincerely,

Also I found this today

Attachments

• Screenshot.png
    Screenshot.png
    147.7 KB · Views: 164
Hi developer y terraria was not launched in Hong Kong
I can only see the app link on web but can’t open it and download it
The pop up is said that the app is not available in my current region, damn.
I’ve been keeping refreshing my store more frequently than checking my crush’s messages.
In addition, I’m using iphone xr ios12.4 with 216gb, still have hundred gbs free space
I’m mad at waiting it, sincerely,
It may that the devs can’t do anything, perhaps it’s restricted by the government.

Also I found this today
Glitchy. :D I recommend you send that in, with as many details as possible to the development team here: Terraria: Console & Mobile Bug Form

My Samsung Galaxy Tab A keeps on lagging insanely with the update, how do I turn off the new graphics the update brings? My tablet is on Android version 7.1.1 and has 1GB of RAM. The gameplay runs on <30 FPS, while the menus are >30. I am using an old world + character.

Remember, 1.3 is a far more hardware-intensive version of the game than 1.2. We had to substantially raise our specs on PC at the same time (and lower end PC's that "ran 1.2 fine" starting "having issues").

Your tablet is near the bottom of the minspec... so you are in that same arena.

Have you tried messing with frameskip and capping your fps at 30?

There is only so much that can be done for old devices, but optimizations are and will continue. :)

Does anyone else not use the minimap?

I don't except when exploring a new area.

Please add an option for the old jump where you just slide up on the left stick? Like some sort of option for that would be great...

New flight dynamics with left stick arriving today: Imgur

1.3.0.7.2 will see all new left stick jump options - including the one from mobile 1.2

2. Having to tap induvidually every time you want to swing your sword has absolutely killed all desire to ever play melee for me. With ranged and mage you can atleast hold to attack.. Surely we could have the ability to hold to swing?

Autoswing as a non-default option is coming in 1.3.7.2, per today's change notes ;)

Taking the ability to fly from the left joystick makes no sense at all

You CAN fly with left stick using double tap. However, it could be better... and it is WAY better after today's changes. Check em out.

You have to be super close to a chest to open it.

By design. The "you can mine/build/inventory from the entire screen" was never aligned to intended design of the game.

It was built for tablets because no one in their right mind would want to have to look at their inventory being that small on a phone

I have played every single minute of my nearly 180h on a phone. Some internal testers even used an SE. Sure, smaller screens make things harder for a game this complex - that's kind of a given.

Why would anyone NOT want auto swing?

The core design of the game is *not* "everything autoswing". However, we understand that things may be harder on mobile - so it is coming back as a non-default player option. Personally, I will never use it. :)

The no auto pause thing just screams " kill me while I try to find something in my chest" which is way too small to see what stuff is.

This is by design and will be a global change across all platforms once Journey's End hits, as confirmed by Cenx on Discord. Autopause has moved from being a convenience to being an exploit people use to cheese boss fights and more.

I could go on. I think no one in DR Studios ever played the game before tearing it down and Frankensteining it back together. The screen is WAY too cluttered.

I can 100% assure you that you are completely and totally wrong. Not only are they experienced with the game, but it was also tested by a handful of extremely experienced folks on the Re-Logic side, myself included.

This wasn't just zooming in. It was a window with a magnified view of the immediate area the player was placing blocks when they were building

There is a Magnifier option under Cursor in settings. Make sure it is enabled.

Wanting to make it more like the PC? It's not a PC

I feel like people take this term FAR too literally when it is used. What is meant by this is that the PC version of the game is the core, the most authentic version. The default.

Clearly, differences need to exist to take advantage of benefits or to deal with limitations of given platforms. As a part of this, the team looked at every "change" codeglue made and arrived where it did.

There is no telling how many hours our testers internally put in. I'm at 180h at least at this point myself.

The core difference is in the ability and desire to adapt. I've watched every single person go through this - and I did myself. I could pull all of my initial feedback for you and it would sound awful familiar.... and then I kept playing.... and then I changed my mind. Vertical hotbar is a great example.

i hope in the nxt update they'll allow us to move all buttons on the screen or even make it bigger

You can do some of that now in Edit Interface > UI Scaling. *The degree to which you can do this is device/screen-dependant*

More customization options are coming in the first update post-fixes... along with controller support.

Last edited:
I kind of hope that this everything autoswing option doesn’t come.. It’s kinda just.. well I don’t like the idea personally and won’t use it.

Hola pasó a preguntar ya que no se se sería un error o solo me pasó a mí que hoy mientras jugaba luego de actualizar Terraria fuí y mate a la pared carnosa salió el mensaje de que había Sido derrotada y incluso me dieron el logro de matarla y los objetos sin embargo me estuvo extraño que no salió el mensaje de que los espíritus de la luz y oscuridad habían sido liberados y cuando fui a romper los altares, se rompían sin crear el mensaje de que el mundo fuera bendecido con los minerales. Luego salí del mundo y salió un mensaje de estableciendo el modo difícil o algo así que fue el mismo mensaje que puso la pantalla al intentar volver a entrar al mismo mundo y luego la aplicación se cerró y al volver a entrar tenía todo lo que me había dado la pared carnosa pero al intentar romper los altares me ocasionan daño que es lo que se supone que ocurre cuando no has derrotado al muro. Volví a hacer el mismo proceso para matar la pared carnosa pero ocurrió lo mismo.

Me gustaría saber si le a ocurrido a alguien más o si ahí alguna solución a este problema y muchas gracias de antemano.

Hello, he went on to ask because it would not be a mistake or it just happened to me that today while I was playing after updating Terraria I went and killed the fleshy wall the message came out that I had been defeated and they even gave me the achievement of killing her and The objects, however, were strange to me that the message did not come out that the spirits of light and darkness had been released and when I went to break the altars, they broke without creating the message that the world would be blessed with minerals. Then I left the world and a message came out of setting the hard mode or something like that it was the same message that put the screen when trying to re-enter the same world and then the application was closed and upon re-entering I had everything I had given the fleshy wall but trying to break the altars cause me damage, which is what is supposed to happen when you have not defeated the wall. I did the same process again to kill the fleshy wall but the same thing happened.

I would like to know if it has happened to someone else or if there is any solution to this problem and thank you very much in advance.
Hi there @Silvent, there are others that are experiencing this, it may be related to your device. Send in all your information straight to the developers here: Terraria: Console & Mobile Bug Form

They may not answer, they can’t reply to each individual, but they do read over every report they get through that link.

Hola @Silvent, hay otros que están experimentando esto, puede estar relacionado con su dispositivo. Envíe toda su información directamente a los desarrolladores aquí: Terraria: Console & Mobile Bug Form

Es posible que no respondan, no pueden responder a cada individuo, pero leen cada informe que reciben a través de ese enlace.

I'm a console player; just popping in to say I rather approve of the changes to autopause that are coming. I never used it to cheese bosses (didn't even know you could) but it made opening expert mode treasure bags both slow and frustrating because instead of just opening the bag and seeing the loot, I had to open the bag, close my inventory, then reopen it to see what I got. Was particularly frustrating when farming Golem for the developer vanity sets.

Have fun with 1.3, mobile players. And is it safe for me to remove the earplugs I've been using to keep from being deafened by all the cheering? lol

Seriously.. waiting for 4 years for this release and this is what we get? These controls are absolutely awful. How on earth did something this terrible get approved?

First the console release with a complete UI overhaul resulting in a completely unplayable jumbled mess, and now this?

Please consider introducing the option for legacy controls to make this game playable again. You cant even jump and attack at the same time right now. You guys have done some mind blowingly stupid things in the past, but wow... This one just feels like you have to be trolling.

Probably just delete the game again.. four years and then this.... Unreal.

Seriously.. waiting for 4 years for this release and this is what we get? These controls are absolutely awful. How on earth did something this terrible get approved?

First the console release with a complete UI overhaul resulting in a completely unplayable jumbled mess, and now this?

Please consider introducing the option for legacy controls to make this game playable again. You cant even jump and attack at the same time right now. You guys have done some mind blowingly stupid things in the past, but wow... This one just feels like you have to be trolling.

Probably just delete the game again.. four years and then this.... Unreal.
I personally love the new controls and think they finally bring mobile Terraria up to snuff.

But if you love the old stuff and can’t live without them, good news for you in the upcoming patches: Terraria Mobile 1.3 Post-Launch Hotfixes Build Notes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom