Mobile Terrarians Assemble! Mobile 1.3 Launches Today!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t get at all MultiPlayer At all. I almost got a virus JUST TO GAME WITH MY FRIENDS come on I looked at help and I still don’t have a server help @Loki

How do you use DCU on mobile? Or is it just a bug of me not able to use it.
[doublepost=1567303071,1567302954][/doublepost]
mine crashes when it gets to drawling map but i have been playing it a lot

i have a iphone 6 plus
Same here but I have an iPhone 6s, I have just to recommend you to using multiplayer host. It works for me.

you know, it would be great for at least mobile and console to be able to play together, but I'm getting excited for this One Terraria thing!
[doublepost=1567310169,1567309892][/doublepost]honestly, I'm surprised that my main 1.2 world grows strange plants. But my underworld in that world doesn't have the cool new background

Hi,

I bought this game a while ago. It was great. Then update 1.3 came with these new much worse controls. It's unplayable, it's also impossible to go back to the previous version. So I can't use the product I bought.

Can I get a refund? Where should I ask for the refund? (the play store tells me to ask 505games but they tell me to ask on the playstore) Or at least a way to have a usable working version of the game, by that I mean the old version with working controls.

Thanks.
If you bought this game a while ago, then you shouldn't get a refund. I bought it a while ago also (about five years) and I got more than my $5 worth.

If i reset the app data, will the achievements reset too ? Because i defeated Moon Lord and I'm going to start new a World with refresh achievements

F58F3D98-4A1C-417F-8569-01FBADBEF660.png
Hi,

I actually don’t know where to post this.

Although it’s been days after the 1.3 is released but I am still in the first few hours of my new character and world.

I usually build hellelevator first. Then start mining for valuable material.

So after reaching the cavern area. A giant worm spawn. I was drowned in water. I was loosing health because of drowning but killed by the giant worm. The death message said I was killed by sharks.

That is a minor bug. Let’s forget that for now. So I died and respawned in my spawn point. But the thing is giant worm followed me to the overworld.

Is it a bug or a feature. Either way it’s hilarious. Just wanted to share.

If i reset the app data, will the achievements reset too ? Because i defeated Moon Lord and I'm going to start new a World with refresh achievements
Resetting/clearing the app data probably will reset your achievements, but you will lose all characters and worlds as well.

You could just remove the achievements file itself, as shown here.

So after reaching the cavern area. A giant worm spawn. I was drowned in water. I was loosing health because of drowning but killed by the giant worm. The death message said I was killed by sharks.

That is a minor bug. Let’s forget that for now. So I died and respawned in my spawn point. But the thing is giant worm followed me to the overworld.

The death message is normal, one of the possible messages from drowning is "<Player> is shark food." Not a bug.

We found during testing that the worms did occasionally follow the player or just appear at or near the surface. We couldn't determine the cause, and it may have existed in the same version on PC. We decided to defer the issue and see if it goes away in future mobile updates.

I’m using an iPad mini 4 which should be able to host a multiplayer large world with on screen effects, yet I’m experiencing a crash or freeze every 1-2 hours on my single player world. Is this normal or is something wrong?

View attachment 226340 Hi,

I actually don’t know where to post this.

Although it’s been days after the 1.3 is released but I am still in the first few hours of my new character and world.

I usually build hellelevator first. Then start mining for valuable material.

It’s not really a bug, the death message that says you are shark food is a drowning death message

Yeah...so after playing for awhile with the new controls, they are ok, but still annoyingly bad at some points.

Apparently you can double tap up on the left stick to jump? Otherwise you need to jump first before attacking since its impossible to hold down an autoswing weapon and jump without stopping the weapon swing... Minor annoyance, but man i would much rather be able to just move the left stick up to jump.. after the initial knee jerk, i could probably get used to using the double tapping left stick to jump, but it is so awkward right now... And i didnt even know you could do that until it happened accidentally. If people want to flame me for not watching or reading a tutorial, sorry, i didnt think basic movement functions would be complex enough to require one.

Ive had my weapon just randomly switch to a torch, or just randomly stop swinging because i accidentally bumped the "aim only" button... Then i die because it takes a second to figure out why i just randomly stopped attacking.

The aim only toggle should be way further away from the left stick.

Also, i understand that you werent really ever intended to be able to see crafting recipes.... But making it so you cant even see recipes youve learned? The crafting menu only lets you see what you have the materials for, and only if you are in a close enough vicinity to the appropriate station? What a stupid change. I cant even figure out what materials i should be trying to get in game?

Stop pretending you dont know the internet exists... Making people just go google recipes instead of being able to see them how they could before is an update that really only makes the available in game options annoyingly less convenient or efficient.

Last edited:
just wanted to share more thoughts. I was a really big fan of Terraria mobile since 1.2.4
Since i was really impressed i bought the PC version as well. Though never played it more than 5 hours. I was really excited when Terraria mobile announced Expert mode. Though i never thought of giving it a try on PC.
I own PC, iOS, Android versions of the game.
Since my i phone is limited memory wise i didn't want to create 2 different Huge worlds for normal and expert mode. So i created normal world in my iphone and Expert in Android.

Man... Expert is Hard. :(
died to slimes 3 times in the first day. 5 times to zombies. ( Thats bad i know.. but Hell it was lot of intense. )

Plus i am really impressed with developers. The game runs on my old HTC phone as well. i never thought it will create a world and will be able to run it. It is running smoothly. Awesome guys.

Now i can play normal for a while till i get used to the controls more and i am jumping to the Expert mode for more fun.

Again thanks for the developers. Keep up the good work.

I’m using an iPad mini 4 which should be able to host a multiplayer large world with on screen effects, yet I’m experiencing a crash or freeze every 1-2 hours on my single player world. Is this normal or is something wrong?

Also, the crashes mean I’m losing a lot of progress, whether it be building arenas, houses or beating bosses. It’s just plain annoying. I’m kinda hoping that it’s just a kink that needs to be worked out since I have what’s said to be the optimal device for playing 1.3

The crafting menu only lets you see what you have the materials for, and only if you are in a close enough vicinity to the appropriate station?

This is literally the way it has worked on the PC version forever. That's why the guide exists, you bring new materials to the guide pop it in the slot and he'll tell you everything that makes. I wasn't ever aware it worked differently on mobile until this most recent update.

Stop pretending you dont know the internet exists... Making people just go google recipes instead of being able to see them how they could before is an update that really makes annoyingly less convenient or efficient.

You certainly have the option to google them, or, don't if you don't want to. This is the option PC players had since forever. People that don't want to look up the recipes don't and the people that do, will.

I imagine the goal was never to annoy or inconvenience players but make a unifying experience across all platforms of the game. I can see why you might be frustrated though if it worked differently in mobile and all of the sudden it was taken away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom