Mobile Terrarians Assemble! Mobile 1.3 Launches Today!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah, I remembered 1.2 hardmode message that was poping up eventualy when you killed WoF. there wasn't any waiting too. :) #Memoroies

Me too. I'm waiting for the new update for next 2 years patiently :) (and I had no idea which update it will be when I reach my hands on terraria mobile)

Heheh, when your wait is over, Mobile will probably reach Journey’s End, or at least the Old One’s Army if Journey’s End is not done yet! Your patience will be worth a bunch of platinum coins, that’s for sure! ~:p

Hi @Themariogames, welcome to the forums. :)

The game's process for turning the world into hardmode can take several minutes. If you kill the Wall of Flesh and exit the game before you receive the "The ancient spirits of light and dark have been released", then the game will show you a screen displaying "Setting hard mode". If you close the app while that is happening or force the game to go to the main menu then hard mode won't be finished and your world will still be pre-hardmode. You'll need to kill the Wall of Flesh again.

Here's what you should do:
  • Kill Wall of Flesh. Wait for the game to say "The ancient spirits of light and dark have been released". This can take up to 5 minutes depending on the world size, and yes, the game may be very slow during this time. AFTER you get the “ancient spirits” message, THEN you can use the pwnhammer on the altars to get hardmode ore.
  • If you didn’t wait for the "ancient spirits" message and you exited the world, then the screen will say "Setting hard mode". WAIT on that screen until it finishes. It will go back to the main menu by itself, but you must give it time. Again, it may take up to 5 minutes.
  • If you exited the world before the “ancient spirit” message, AND exited the app/game before the "setting hard mode" finished, then you'll have to defeat Wall of Flesh again.
Is it supposed to be like that? Also the game crashes at "Setting hard mode" screen. I have reported that the last week

Is it supposed to be like that? Also the game crashes at "Setting hard mode" screen. I have reported that the last week

Indeed! If you leave the world after killing the WoF, then the “Setting Hard Mode” screen will show up, but if you stay in your world for a while after it’s defeated, “the ancient spirits of light and dark have been released” message will eventually show up, and the world can now be saved with Hardmode activated without the “Setting Hard Mode” screen that’s causing your crashes. Regardless, I hope the next hotfix early this week can fix this issue, as well as many other crash-related issues (medium-world, here I come, I hope.)! ~;)

They said that 2 weeks ago

The intent - as ever - is to get Amazon users the latest clean version of the game. Thus, it makes sense to get at least a few hotfix rounds out of the way first - and then get that out to Amazon folks. Otherwise, it just perpetuates any bugs to more people.

What device? My suspicion is that you (and others) are trying to transition a HM world that is Medium+ in size on a VERY low spec device.

The "Setting Hard Mode" screen is perfectly normal, and appears if you exit a world mid-transition after killing the WoF.

As @Unit One noted, waiting in game is the best choice (for the Ancient Spirits message). This can take a bit of time on older devices, and will be dependent on world size as well. There is a LOT going on behind the scenes during this time, as you can imagine.

To give you some sense, on my iPhone X, it takes ~1s or so for a medium world to transition. That same world took ~1:45 on my iPhone 6s+. If you are on an even older device, expect it to be longer. If you are trying to run a large world on an older device, this could occur as well.

If you do not, you need to let the Setting Hardmode screen complete it's work. It will go to the main menu when done. If you have exited the app during any of this, at best you will need to defeat WoF again.

What device? My suspicion is that you (and others) are trying to transition a HM world that is Medium+ in size on a VERY low spec device.

The "Setting Hard Mode" screen is perfectly normal, and appears if you exit a world mid-transition after killing the WoF.

As @Unit One noted, waiting in game is the best choice (for the Ancient Spirits message). This can take a bit of time on older devices, and will be dependent on world size as well. There is a LOT going on behind the scenes during this time, as you can imagine.

To give you some sense, on my iPhone X, it takes ~1s or so for a medium world to transition. That same world took ~1:45 on my iPhone 6s+. If you are on an even older device, expect it to be longer. If you are trying to run a large world on an older device, this could occur as well.

If you do not, you need to let the Setting Hardmode screen complete it's work. It will go to the main menu when done. If you have exited the app during any of this, at best you will need to defeat WoF again.
Hmm... Well it was a large world so that could delay the process I guess. My device has 3GB Ram, with about 1.8GB free before running the game and an overclocked GPU & CPU.(See Motorola Moto G6 Play - Full phone specifications for more details) But yes I understand that there is a lot more things behind and my device isn't the best, but runs the game the fast enough to be playable, so I'm fine if I have to wait but if the process of setting hard mode can be faster, it would be really appreciated `:passionate: Also I was referring to that if it's normal to have to wait after defeating WoF, not the setting hard mode screen. The only problem with that screen is just that it makes the game crash (thing which I already reported) everything else seems to work perfect :pinky:

Now that this is done, is Amazon slated for the next thing or is controller support planned next?

Or are there more patches planned in between?

Now that this is done, is Amazon slated for the next thing or is controller support planned next?

Or are there more patches planned in between?

There’s definitely more patches to be planned, and I’m sure the devs would find that it’s a good idea to add in more hotfixes before Amazon gets the update, as they want you Terrarians to have an amazing, almost bug-free experience, not a bug-ridden update with the occasional, pesky but fixable crashes. ~:)

Words from the Dark Lance man himself: ~:p
The intent - as ever - is to get Amazon users the latest clean version of the game. Thus, it makes sense to get at least a few hotfix rounds out of the way first - and then get that out to Amazon folks. Otherwise, it just perpetuates any bugs to more people.

@Loki I can't use my biome key to its specified biome chest

Have you defeated Plantera in the World you're trying to open the biome chest in? Unless you have beaten Plantera, it isn't possible to open the chest, even if you have the key for it.

I received the update today on IOS for the new control’s hot-fix.

The combo of the old controls mixed with the new controls makes the game feel even better then before.

Attachments

• 27D0B594-604C-4C13-9846-AD8B67B12564.png
    27D0B594-604C-4C13-9846-AD8B67B12564.png
    936.1 KB · Views: 106
  • 8940B2C1-20E4-4F80-A347-7B3956F4EAE1.png
    8940B2C1-20E4-4F80-A347-7B3956F4EAE1.png
    917.3 KB · Views: 106
I received the update today on IOS for the new control’s hot-fix.

The combo of the old controls mixed with the new controls makes the game feel even better then before.

Nice! The hotfix is out. Now I’ll have to wait after college before I can see the new controls, and (hopefully) the game will stop crashing out of random! ~:D

Edit: I had a chance to try to load a newly created medium world, and once more, the game crashes immediately before the “settling liquids” message is even finished. The game also crashes in the “clearing map data” message, which happens if any world is exited and another one is entered. The new (and legacy) control schemes are a bonus, I really appreciate them, but I guess it’s back to the patience room with me until the bug(s) that are locking me out of medium worlds is/are fixed... ~:(

Last edited:
The hotfix is great, but I’m still experiencing crashing issues. Has any effort been made into looking into this? Cause I’m getting a lot of one dimensional answers. It’s pretty much limiting my ability to play as any item I use or place is consumed, but not remembered in the event of a crash.

The hotfix is great, but I’m still experiencing crashing issues. Has any effort been made into looking into this? Cause I’m getting a lot of one dimensional answers. It’s pretty much limiting my ability to play as any item I use or place is consumed, but not remembered in the event of a crash.

What is your device? What size world are you playing on? Are you using characters/worlds that were converted from the old version or are you using brand new characters/worlds?

What is your device? What size world are you playing on? Are you using characters/worlds that were converted from the old version or are you using brand new characters/worlds?

Both a brand new character and world. Large size and I’m playing on an iPad mini 4, I’ve said this multiple times but it’s pretty much like talking to a brick wall. Or at least a brick wall that promises some sort of response and fails, completely

Edit: I’ve asked on Twitter, here, and I can’t think of anywhere else to ask. I’ve sent reports directly to them through the bug report link. But I have gotten nothing

I have the same situation as you, too! Since I have no access to medium worlds because of crashes, regardless of character choice, I’ve been attempting to invest my time in this game using a brand-new small world, and even that world is still prone to random crashes. Maintaining world purity is very time-consuming because I am at the mercy of an unpredictable crash that I have no power to prevent, which stinks when it happens at the worst moments. ~:(

By the way, brand-new control schemes were on the priority list of hotfixes, so I’m expecting bug fixes to be coming in the next wave! ~:)

I have the same situation as you, too! Since I have no access to medium worlds because of crashes, regardless of character choice, I’ve been attempting to invest my time in this game using a brand-new small world, and even that world is still prone to random crashes. Maintaining world purity is very time-consuming because I am at the mercy of an unpredictable crash that I have no power to prevent, which stinks when it happens. ~:(

You would think this would be one of the priority fixes right? I don’t know what’s taking so long to get this sorted. I can’t even load the game sometimes without it crashing, it’s completely random. Sometimes I get a decent 5 minute playing session and others I get to spawn in and BAM, crash.

You would think this would be one of the priority fixes right? I don’t know what’s taking so long to get this sorted. I can’t even load the game sometimes without it crashing, it’s completely random. Sometimes I get a decent 5 minute playing session and others I get to spawn in and BAM, crash.

This situation is, honestly, really lame. At least on the bright side, different control schemes are (hopefully) out of the way from the hotfix priority list, so bugs are probably coming up next! I just want to get creative in a medium world, and a small world is just too, well, small for what I am going to create! ~;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom