Mobile Terrarians Assemble! Mobile 1.3 Launches Today!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This situation is, honestly, really lame. At least on the bright side, different control schemes are (hopefully) out of the way from the hotfix priority list, so bugs are probably coming up next! ~;)

Bugs are also a top priority, but in this case I’m almost certain it’s because of a memory leak issue or something along the lines of that. Consistent crashing most likely means that there is a buildup of something. And until the app is reset, it will keep crashing. Also, I feel crashes should be prioritised, as it’s possible to play a ‘buggy game’ with a slightly worse playing experience, but it isn’t possible to play a game that crashes with no playing experience. Heck, look at the state of the game back when it wasn’t in 1.2.4, filled with bugs and yet still playable for some

Both a brand new character and world. Large size and I’m playing on an iPad mini 4, I’ve said this multiple times but it’s pretty much like talking to a brick wall. Or at least a brick wall that promises some sort of response and fails, completely

I get your frustration, but keep in mind it's not like the developers are purposefully ignoring specific cases. Lack of communication =/= a lack of action, not an ideal response I know but just something I want you to have in mind.

I know a couple of cases where users have fixed their crashing by performing a factory reset, but, that's not something I recommend until you've taken measures to backup your characters and worlds since doing such will delete your current characters and worlds. You can see how to manage your files in IOS from here.

I wish I had more or better advice for you, but honestly without access to some sort of crash log it's kind of like navigating in the dark. Hopefully, maybe, at some point the developers will add a way to view crash logs if they haven't already and then I might be of more service to you and others.

Bugs are also a top priority, but in this case I’m almost certain it’s because of a memory leak issue or something along the lines of that. Consistent crashing most likely means that there is a buildup of something. And until the app is reset, it will keep crashing. Also, I feel crashes should be prioritised, as it’s possible to play a ‘buggy game’ with a slightly worse playing experience, but it isn’t possible to play a game that crashes with no playing experience

Exactly! I would rather play a laggy Terraria, than a bite-sized Terraria that implodes itself every few minutes or so! ~:p

I get your frustration, but keep in mind it's not like the developers are purposefully ignoring specific cases. Lack of communication =/= a lack of action, not an ideal response I know but just something I want you to have in mind.

I know a couple of cases where users have fixed their crashing by performing a factory reset, but, that's not something I recommend until you've taken measures to backup your characters and worlds since doing such will delete your current characters and worlds. You can see how to manage your files in IOS from here.

I wish I had more or better advice for you, but honestly without access to some sort of crash log it's kind of like navigating in the dark. Hopefully, maybe, at some point the developers will add a way to view crash logs if they haven't already and then I might be of more service to you and others.

Aye! I also get you too, Squiddy! From my past experience, Computer Science, specifically in the field of Game Design, is very difficult! It’s also true how the devs cannot directly communicate, lest they must do that with everybody, which is technically possible, but way more time-consuming than it should be! ~:confused:

A factory reset is out of the question for me, and many others. I know the devs are hard and working, but they have always lacked communication since the very beginning of Terraria. I can’t remember exacts but there was a year in which we had no communication from the devs at all. No state of the game, no update news. Nothing. I just don’t want the dev team to go back to that.

Getting back to the factory reset option. It isn’t an option for me, as I have no way to back up my files and actual info on my device. The only way I will be able to play the game is through some sort of update or something along the lines of that.

A factory reset is out of the question for me, and many others. I know the devs are hard and working, but they have always lacked communication since the very beginning of Terraria. I can’t remember exacts but there was a year in which we had no communication from the devs at all. No state of the game, no update news. Nothing. I just don’t want the dev team to go back to that.

Getting back to the factory reset option. It isn’t an option for me, as I have no way to back up my files and actual info on my device. The only way I will be able to play the game is through some sort of update or something along the lines of that.

Factory resetting for me is going to be too costly to be worth it, for obvious reasons. My Ebooks are staying inside my phone, whenever they like it or not! ~:p

Factory resetting for me is going to be too costly to be worth it, for obvious reasons. My Ebooks are staying inside my phone, whenever they like it or not! ~:p

What annoys me most is that they even stated that the optimal device for hosting a large world was the iPad mini 4, the exact same device I’m having issues with. You’d kinda expect a problem like that to be tagged as important and wanted to be dealt with to avoid spreading incorrect information? I don’t know, I just feel like if I’m having issues with their recommended device, then they should change their optimal device to actually quote a device that can actually play mobile Terraria

What annoys me most is that they even stated that the optimal device for hosting a large world was the iPad mini 4, the exact same device I’m having issues with. You’d kinda expect a problem like that to be tagged as important and wanted to be dealt with to avoid spreading incorrect information? I don’t know, I just feel like if I’m having issues with their recommended device, then they should change their optimal device to actually quote a device that can actually play mobile Terraria

Yikes! That must really hurt. I play Terraria on an iPhone 6, which is supposedly and literally the bare-minimum of what I need to grab the update, and I guess the issues are probably tied to the 1GB of RAM my phone has, but seriously, an iPad Mini 4 having issues with Terraria? That’s unbelievable, but can be painfully true... ~:(

@LewShakey @The Real Bryan

Do either of you own a mac? It may be possible to access logs from your mobile device by plugging it into a mac as shown here. I'm wondering if those logs would contain any useful information taht may help in troubleshooting.

Edit: I believe another way to access crash logs is through: Navigate to your device Settings > Privacy > Analytics > Analytics Data.

That MAY show some information useful to me, depending on what's there and if it lists crashes by the faulting application.

Edit Edit: I don't know if those logs contain sensitive data so I would be careful not to post them publicly.

Last edited:
@LewShakey @The Real Bryan

Do either of you own a mac? It may be possible to access logs from your mobile device by plugging it into a mac as shown here. I'm wondering if those logs would contain any useful information taht may help in troubleshooting.

Oh, I tried, but to no avail. I checked my Mac with my Mobile device plugged in, but it had no signs of crashes, even when Terraria imploded while plugged in. Thanks for your help, though, Squiddy! ~;)

Does anybody mind if I break the conversation about the new patch and crashes? No? Ok! (I wish there was a wizard smile)
So, does anyone know a place for me to discuse that Star vs. The forces of evil animation? I just finished season 2 and it's really getting into my mind and I need a place to calm down (I can't sleep now, my supply ended in a bad time). And yeah, I took advice of The real bryan and watched it. And yeah, I watched it in my nokia (one more point for my phone :) ). And yeah, I downloaded it, because I live in a region where I can't access disney channel. And again yeah, I wasn't the one who downloaded them because I don't have any able-to-download device right now, it was one of my friends who did this favor to me. And last yeah, I know this isn't the place to share this, but I really can't help it. I'm here for you to help me because that would be better than searching in google. :)
Hi there Mine - this thread is about discussing the 1.3 mobile update - your post is nothing to do with that and so would be considered off topic. Please try to keep all the discussion within a thread about that thread's topic!

Your post may fit better as a status update to your profile, or as a post in the off topic section of the forums: Off Topic

Hi there Mine - this thread is about discussing the 1.3 mobile update - your post is nothing to do with that and so would be considered off topic. Please try to keep all the discussion within a thread about that thread's topic!

Your post may fit better as a status update to your profile, or as a post in the off topic section of the forums: Off Topic
I know, but it started here and I wanted to finish it here too. If I post this in off topic I think I need to explain my problems all over again (because ppl will change), so I wanted to get my answer here and then delete that post. If I can't find answer here, I'll delete that post right now (find me in off topic from now on :) )

Heya! Think xenopunk was answering on Twitter about the issue and we're really sorry about it, we're definitely not ignoring any report or issue, just if we have nothing to share we would not normally be posting as there's not much point to say "yeah nothing new about this, sorry, still looking" is there?

On the device recommendation, it's always the case of, the issue could be a myriad of things. Maybe there's another app that causes an issue, say for example, it's taking more memory and thus causing the game to not have enough ram, maybe the iOS version on that specific model is causing a conflict, maybe the world got corrupted and only crashes at some points, maybe there's an issue that we never found on the mini 4 when in that specific case, maybe it's just a bug that happens in specific circumstances...

I could go on for a long time speculating what is the issue and maybe it's none of the above, but thing is, it's a case of a massive amount of factors contributing and no matter how important the issue is, it might take more or less time to resolve and until that is found there's no way of saying to the code "it's important!". We know it is, and we're dedicating as much time as possible to fix all crashes we get reported but again, it takes the time it takes sadly. There's plenty of issues tagged as important that take 5 minutes, and plenty that take days of work, that's just how it is. Same with "non-important" issues, so patches are a healthy balance of a variety of issues. This patch did fix a number of crashes, which are important too, just not this specific one it seems!

Again I'm sorry you're having an issue with the game, I don't mean to diminish that, but we're definitely looking to fix it as soon as we can, and I thought I'd try to explain why sometimes things are as they are. Thanks for your patience!

Hey... I think we liked multiplayer the old way... one person is playing in their world and the other can just see that person on the local hosting screen... FIXED IT... i love terraria... now firecrackers finally ARE unobtainable, terraria needs to add something fun like it... I recommend adding official servers with mini games hosted by our lovely and well time managed terrarian developers! And I mean.... minecraft has in-built servers sooooooo why not build official servers... somebody is bound to create a good one... I wonder why firecrackers were removed... I wonder why the developers are awesome at their job... let's just respect that :) ;) :D

I have heard that to fix golem spawn bug, they broke yoyo on some devices? Is it true? So sad. It's like bugs are plantera bulbs, and whenever you break one, another one will generate :)

I have heard that to fix golem spawn bug, they broke yoyo on some devices? Is it true? So sad. It's like bugs are plantera bulbs, and whenever you break one, another one will generate :)
That’s how programming works and that’s why lot of people don’t follow programming even though it pays higher salaries. Atleast in my country.

Being a programmer is really hard. But being a programmer and listen to the user and make them happy is even harder.

So thanks to Dr studio for listening to people and making them happy.

That’s how programming works and that’s why lot of people don’t follow programming even though it pays higher salaries. Atleast in my country.

Being a programmer is really hard. But being a programmer and listen to the user and make them happy is even harder.

So thanks to Dr studio for listening to people and making them happy.
Exactly! I used to program my own apps while ago, but because of lack of resources, I put it aside for now. I know what do you mean :)

Heya! Think xenopunk was answering on Twitter about the issue and we're really sorry about it, we're definitely not ignoring any report or issue, just if we have nothing to share we would not normally be posting as there's not much point to say "yeah nothing new about this, sorry, still looking" is there?

On the device recommendation, it's always the case of, the issue could be a myriad of things. Maybe there's another app that causes an issue, say for example, it's taking more memory and thus causing the game to not have enough ram, maybe the iOS version on that specific model is causing a conflict, maybe the world got corrupted and only crashes at some points, maybe there's an issue that we never found on the mini 4 when in that specific case, maybe it's just a bug that happens in specific circumstances...

I could go on for a long time speculating what is the issue and maybe it's none of the above, but thing is, it's a case of a massive amount of factors contributing and no matter how important the issue is, it might take more or less time to resolve and until that is found there's no way of saying to the code "it's important!". We know it is, and we're dedicating as much time as possible to fix all crashes we get reported but again, it takes the time it takes sadly. There's plenty of issues tagged as important that take 5 minutes, and plenty that take days of work, that's just how it is. Same with "non-important" issues, so patches are a healthy balance of a variety of issues. This patch did fix a number of crashes, which are important too, just not this specific one it seems!

Again I'm sorry you're having an issue with the game, I don't mean to diminish that, but we're definitely looking to fix it as soon as we can, and I thought I'd try to explain why sometimes things are as they are. Thanks for your patience!

Thank you for looking into this problem, Neviskio! Hopefully this will be fixed so I can enjoy the one big masterpiece that you and DR Studios have created! ~;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom