Mobile Terrarians Assemble! Mobile 1.3 Launches Today!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well said.

This come from a fellow mobile developer ( apps not games ). I am almost into my double digit programming experience. But still mesmerized by the work that Dr. studio have done. I don’t care they have 50 developer working 24 hours for 8 months.
Writing a game from scratch which have a high potential like terraria needs skills. Needing skill is an understatement. They have to be extremely good.

They have done that. Control scheme awesome. Added content awesome. Time frame of hot fixes quick as hell.

Thanks guys.

DR Studios pretty much consists of nothing but zero-wait staff, literally getting the job done in the most optimal times possible, making (mostly) everyone happy. Makes me feel quite inspired for what’s to come for me in the future as I go more in-depth with Computer Science, and ultimately, Game Design! ~:)

This come from a fellow mobile developer ( apps not games ). I am almost into my double digit programming experience. But still mesmerized by the work that Dr. studio have done. I don’t care they have 50 developer working 24 hours for 8 months.

Even more stunning when you realize that our Terraria team at DR is 5 people.

More fixes and stuff in the coming days... but really, cannot wait to get onto the controller and customization update. Getting close to time to start in on that! :)

Really? That's not what you hear everyday o_O .

Yep. The common misconception that it always takes 1000 people to make magic happen.... I mean Re-Logic is only like 10 people. The core dev team is even smaller than that.

Passion + Talent makes for amazing.

Yep. The common misconception that it always takes 1000 people to make magic happen.... I mean Re-Logic is only like 10 people. The core dev team is even smaller than that.

Passion + Talent makes for amazing.
Actually I can relate to that.

I am a mining engineer by my degree certificate. ( it’s just a piece of paper that you could use to impress girls and your relatives atleast in my country)
( do you can understand why I am so into terraria some of the key features in terraria is real in the world as well. I mean inside the mines and mining related stuff in terraria)

So what I was saying is passion is the key. Though I am a mining engineer by degree I am a programmer by profession.

Though I thought there are atleast 30 people in DR studio.
Now I am even more impressed.

May be one day I could meet them in terraria convention???? That would be awesome.

Related to the 1.3 discussion does the spawn rate of magic mirrors is reduced in new update. I mean 1.2.4 to 1.3? ( or may be this because in 1.2.4 mobile the world size are small and since I am playing a large world now things are lot apart from each other.)

Can some one explain

I couldn’t find any. But there is good challenge too. So you have to find your way up to surface in the normal way like climbing and jumping etc

I always have a restriction to my self that I never use exit and reload to go to home base. So not having found a magic mirror makes the game more challenging.

Even more stunning when you realize that our Terraria team at DR is 5 people.

Amazing! That just indicates how you 5 people are dedicated to keeping this beautiful game alive and well! ~:)

Related to the 1.3 discussion does the spawn rate of magic mirrors is reduced in new update. I mean 1.2.4 to 1.3? ( or may be this because in 1.2.4 mobile the world size are small and since I am playing a large world now things are lot apart from each other.)

Can some one explain

I couldn’t find any. But there is good challenge too. So you have to find your way up to surface in the normal way like climbing and jumping etc

I always have a restriction to my self that I never use exit and reload to go to home base. So not having found a magic mirror makes the game more challenging.

Since the 1.3.0.7 update, Magic Mirrors no longer appear in chests on the Surface. You’ll have to find them inside Underground Cabins in the Underground/Cavern, and be aware that something else might replace them in the loot table (Cloud in a Bottle, Hermes Boots, Lava Charm, etc.). ~;)

Last edited:
Hi I may be a noob.

Wiring update? Can you explain?
Wiring update is where they improve wirings.This update is actually 1.3.1
And heres the list of features there
  • Added Controller Support using Xinput.
  • Added Inventory Sorting.
  • Dart Traps & all Temple Traps can now be hammered to rotate 90 degrees at a time.
  • Added smart interact, making chatting with NPCs, opening doors and using objects easier.
  • Cannons (normal, bunny, confetti, and Snowball Launcher) can now be controlled by wire and shoot fake projectiles!
  • Improved Smart Cursor & made it interact with more items.
[doublepost=1568332202,1568332150][/doublepost]I found this on the wiki (terraria wiki)

@Loki will the terraria mobile get all the updates like on pc for example from 1.3.0 to 1.3.1 to 1.3.2 to 1.3.3 to 1.3.4 to 1.3.5 until 1.4
Or will they start working on 1.4 mobile update after some hotfixes on the current version

@Loki will the terraria mobile get all the updates like on pc for example from 1.3.0 to 1.3.1 to 1.3.2 to 1.3.3 to 1.3.4 to 1.3.5 until 1.4
Or will they start working on 1.4 mobile update after some hotfixes on the current version

Oh, no, the jump from 1.3.0.7 to 1.4 is way too dramatic to execute, even though it is possible. I am definitely sure that DR Studios planned that the progression of Mobile updates will follow the course of PC, from 1.3 - 1.3.5 until the ultimate 1.4 update! ~:)

I think they are planing to reach to 1.3.5 as soon as possible. Because they have ported pc codebase to mobile, so they can release future updates easily. What's the point of porting if they don't want to release 1.4 for every platform (at same time I guess)? What about crossplatform? Can't we get a big jumping update like console to reach pc version fast? Yes we can. But it all depends on what developers want to do and their progress bar :)

Hi,

I maybe imagining stuff or something.

I am a herb garden keeper. ( don’t laugh everyone have their thing inside terraria.) so I plant blinkroot day loom and stuff.

So if I am not mistaken there is a thing that take in plants same as clay pots.

But the thing is I cannot find a way to craft them. I can’t remember the name of that container. So google is no good.

Can anyone tell me what is the name of the thing and how to craft it?

Sorry if this is a dumb question.

Hi,

I maybe imagining stuff or something.

I am a herb garden keeper. ( don’t laugh everyone have their thing inside terraria.) so I plant blinkroot day loom and stuff.

So if I am not mistaken there is a thing that take in plants same as clay pots.

But the thing is I cannot find a way to craft them. I can’t remember the name of that container. So google is no good.

Can anyone tell me what is the name of the thing and how to craft it?

Sorry if this is a dumb question.
There are Planter Boxes, sold by the Dryad under certain conditions. They are not craftable. They function similarly to platforms as well.

Passing by to thanks DR for the last 2 hotfixes, they just made my game 100% playable! I can play perfectly with the controls just like it was on pre 1.3! And now the FPS is always above 30! Thanks DR! The wait was 200% worth! (I would've have posted this message 2 or 4 days before but i was too busy enjoying dying every 4 seconds on my expert world)

PS: i must have died more than 50 times in the last goblin invasion, my new record :D

I think they are planing to reach to 1.3.5 as soon as possible. Because they have ported pc codebase to mobile, so they can release future updates easily. What's the point of porting if they don't want to release 1.4 for every platform (at same time I guess)? What about crossplatform? Can't we get a big jumping update like console to reach pc version fast? Yes we can. But it all depends on what developers want to do and their progress bar :)

I think expecting 1.4 to launch on every platform at once is a bad expectation to have. Hard to port a thing that is not completed yet. :p

I think expecting 1.4 to launch on every platform at once is a bad expectation to have. Hard to port a thing that is not completed yet. :p
Yes. You are right. Trying to fix bugs on pc and then porting it, is way easier than porting it with bugs and then fixing multiple of them :)

Hi,

I don’t want to ask anything from dr studio which have given us more than we expect.

But just a suggestion.

So the current user interface about joystick ( onscreen) those button changes time to time. I mean some times for torch some time for glow stick etc etc.

Will the customization update which is upcoming after the bug fixes will include mapping those buttons permanently for some items.

Like left most button for torch, one above is for maybe a bow. ( which is permenently there till the user redefine it to be different)

Maybe ironskin potion as the permanent buf potion and if 0 is available the buff potion button is disabled something like that.

I know this is hard. I can guess how much coding will need to make this work. But if you can consider this it will be awesome.

But that is only me. So if more people suggested that may be it will get implemented?

I am happy even if never get implemented. But I can dream right?

Again thanks for the 1.3 update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom