Mobile Terrarians Assemble! Mobile 1.3 Launches Today!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thumb stick update wasn’t enough. Please just give back the old controls. You have the code from the previous update. Just let us have the option to switch back. They are too clunky and the screen is so cluttered if you don’t have a tablet.

This thumb stick update wasn’t enough. Please just give back the old controls. You have the code from the previous update. Just let us have the option to switch back. They are too clunky and the screen is so cluttered if you don’t have a tablet.
I don't think they have code from 1.2 anymore. And if they already have it, it's useless for them. Because codeglue used uniqe codebase and didn't ported code from pc. So, dr studios can't use a differnt codebase (previous code) on a new one. They need to rewrite it, and they did it as beautiful as it can be in these new patches :)

This is not possible

I can surely tell that

Don’t keep hope about this

1.3 was built from scratch and from pc code base too so bringing back that control is next to impossible. At least my perspective. Though dr studio can do it I can say that.

But if they do that there is no point of developing the game from scratch from pc code base by spending 8 months.

They could’ve done by 2 if they used 1.2.4 code from mobile terraria.

What you’re asking is not going to happen. Sorry being too direct bro.

I’m slowly learning the controls, but there’s a much more grave issue in my mind. Various ‘Legacy items’ said to remain in the game past the update have been replaced with other, lesser items.

The screenshot excerpt below from a post by Cenx (titled One Terraria: An Introduction & Future Impacts) promises that the Ocram Trophy and Ocram Mask would remain in the game for players who acquired them before updating. In my world, though, my Ocram Trophy was replaced by a Lunar Cultist Trophy.

In addition, the sets of unique armor Ocram drops with each kill were replaced by Chlorophyte armor, despite Cenx’s post stating elsewhere that the armors would instead be replaced by identical vanity versions of themselves.

Is this a bug? I’ve yet to receive a reply to my bug report. Cenx’s post is nearly two years old, granted, but I can’t think of a reason the team would change their mind on something so simple.

Attachments

• 995E3ADC-8636-4F30-AA75-0352E4FAB679.png
    995E3ADC-8636-4F30-AA75-0352E4FAB679.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 109
  • DC6D913B-06DA-48A5-B909-2B5341533A5C.png
    DC6D913B-06DA-48A5-B909-2B5341533A5C.png
    761.9 KB · Views: 106
I’m slowly learning the controls, but there’s a much more grave issue in my mind. Various ‘Legacy items’ said to remain in the game past the update have been replaced with other, lesser items.

The screenshot excerpt below from a post by Cenx (titled One Terraria: An Introduction & Future Impacts) promises that the Ocram Trophy and Ocram Mask would remain in the game for players who acquired them before updating. In my world, though, my Ocram Trophy was replaced by a Lunar Cultist Trophy.

In addition, the sets of unique armor Ocram drops with each kill were replaced by Chlorophyte armor, despite Cenx’s post stating elsewhere that the armors would instead be replaced by identical vanity versions of themselves.

Is this a bug? I’ve yet to receive a reply to my bug report. Cenx’s post is nearly two years old, granted, but I can’t think of a reason the team would change their mind on something so simple.
Is this cenx post is pre dr studio?

If yes things have changed when the terraria development studios changed.

If no you need to get a reply from cenx

Is this cenx post is pre dr studio?

If yes things have changed when the terraria development studios changed.

If no you need to get a reply from cenx
Her post is dated Sep 12, 2017. A little more than a year before DR Studios’ hiring. I guess she and the rest of the lead devs are focusing themselves on PC 1.4. I’ll try and contact DR some way.

Her post is dated Sep 12, 2017. A little more than a year before DR Studios’ hiring. I guess she and the rest of the lead devs are focusing themselves on PC 1.4. I’ll try and contact DR some way.
It is not a bug. Developers are allowed to change their minds, IMO.
Of course they are. I understand, I’ve just combed more thoroughly through the main post above and the May status update. Obviously I don’t agree with the decision to purge all exclusive items, but I’m at least grateful that the items were replaced instead of being erased entirely. With all this talk of a consistent experience across platforms, I hope Mobile 1.4 arrives in a timely fashion.

Of course they are. I understand, I’ve just combed more thoroughly through the main post above and the May status update. Obviously I don’t agree with the decision to purge all exclusive items, but I’m at least grateful that the items were replaced instead of being erased entirely. With all this talk of a consistent experience across platforms, I hope Mobile 1.4 arrives in a timely fashion.
Sure it will.

But i don’t think it will come with same time as the pc version.

But looking at the rate of development of dr studio it will come around 8 months after pc release. ( just my idea not from any developer of terraria or something)

I hope it will come with pc version. ( highly doubt it) though we can dream. Sometimes dreams do come true.

Like terraria 1.3 finally coming to mobile

it will come around 8 months after pc release. ( just my idea not from any developer of terraria or something)
I think you are making it too long, 8 months?
As I know, the game have been ported from pc (It means it uses pc codebase). And they released a version too.(as loki said) After releasing 1.4 for pc and fixing its bug, hotfixes and etc. , if they find the best version (no more gameplay bug/glitch), they choose it to get ported. Then DR releases 1.4 for mobile after a SHORT time. Because they don't need to rewrite everything again (8 months for 1.3 was because of rewrite). They have 1.4 code, engine (unity), previous version (maybe 1.3.5 mobile). They just need to update the code in previous version (by unity) and release it to mobile. I think 1 month after final hotfix for pc, they release it for mobile :)

P.s. (think of it like bedrock engine for minecraft: gets the code, releases it for different platforms with proper settings)

I think you are making it too long, 8 months?
As I know, the game have been ported from pc (It means it uses pc codebase). And they released a version too.(as loki said) After releasing 1.4 for pc and fixing its bug, hotfixes and etc. , if they find the best version (no more gameplay bug/glitch), they choose it to get ported. Then DR releases 1.4 for mobile after a SHORT time. Because they don't need to rewrite everything again (8 months for 1.3 was because of rewrite). They have 1.4 code, engine (unity), previous version (maybe 1.3.5 mobile). They just need to update the code in previous version (by unity) and release it to mobile. I think 1 month after final hotfix for pc, they release it for mobile :)

P.s. (think of it like bedrock engine for minecraft: gets the code, releases it for different platforms with proper settings)
wow... thank you for the information.. For the info about Terraria built on Unity..

I was actually wondering how they did it and in my mind i thought they built a engine from scratch. Nice to know they used Unity.

Oh, no, the jump from 1.3.0.7 to 1.4 is way too dramatic to execute, even though it is possible. I am definitely sure that DR Studios planned that the progression of Mobile updates will follow the course of PC, from 1.3 - 1.3.5 until the ultimate 1.4 update! ~:)
well now we can experience the whole progress of terraria updates from now to 1.3.5 to 1.4

So I'm just wondering. About when can Amazon expect to start seeing the update
If I remember correctly @NRLP mentioned that the next hotfix will be the last (hopefully according to @Loki)

Then the amazon update will come out. You guys will not have to endure the issues some of the android people had.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom