Resolved [Mobile] Trying to setup local Server

Tarain

Terrarian
My kids are both running Terraria on Kindle Fire's and they usually setup a server on one of their fire's and the other hops on. I really want to setup a server on my PC so they don't need each other to connect to the server (and I can play after they go to bed). I have the mobile server setup and installed. 1.3.0.7.5 and I'm trying to connect with the kindle version 1.3.0.7.9 (are those too different?) I see the server pop up on my multiplayer local list. but when I try to click on it, it just times out. The kids and I are able to start and connect to each other servers just fine. I'd tried to enable port forwarding and connect to the external IP on my router, but am getting the same results. What next steps should I try?

I've tried changing the port on my server, and the kindles are seeing that it's been changed and are trying to connect to my local ip 192.168....:7712 or some other options, so I'm not sure what to do since it sees the server, just doesn't want to connect. Would like to know if the problem is on the server, router, or tablet side.

Thanks, I've searched the internet and not found luck, the link on the bottom of terraria.org is 1.3.0.7.5.
Hmmm well I swear I downloaded 1.3.0.7.9 on there let me check(I’ll edit this post if another post hasn’t been made)
Edit:I’m on mobile so I can’t view it right now, and hmm really it isn’t 1.3.0.7.9 weird so then that isn’t in the zip hmmmm

Figured out my problem, had two network connections setup on my computer (one old Himachi one from my PC server), once I disabled that and restarted my PC i was able to connect fine. 1.3.0.7.5 server works fine with 1.3.0.7.9 client. Thanks for the help!

Back
Top Bottom