Resolved [Mobile] World loading stuck at 50% setting liquids

Device: Iphone 8
Bug: While using my main character and trying to get into my main world its is stuck on ‘50% settling liquids’
I don’t think I had any moving lava or water in my world when I was last on it so I don’t know why it happened.

Attachments

• The_Ward_of_Squirrels.wld.bak
    6.5 MB · Views: 51
  • The_Ward_of_Squirrels.wld
    6.5 MB · Views: 52
  • Charlie.plr
    3.9 KB · Views: 51
  • Charlie.plr.bak
    3.9 KB · Views: 62
I have attached backup and main files for both the character and world. I’ve also found an earlier thread for this problem but it doesn’t contain anything that I think solves it for me.

That used to happen to me a lot when I first got terraria. I think the issue was that my storage or my memory was filled, so that might help.

After finding new threads on the problem and finding my characters minimap file, which the threads say may be the issue, I am thinking of deleting this but I’ll wait for somebody to confirm that that is the problem before doing so.

I removed the minimap file and it worked perfectly. So, for anyone seeing this in the future, remove your minimap file. Go to your file opener ,for IOS, ‘files’ works percectly ( it comes with the device).

Open terraria folder-Open player folder- Make a new character and enter the world affected- Go onto the new characters folder and memorise the name of the file inside it- go into your character that id affected’s folder - delete the file with the same or slightly different file name ( I’d say just check the first few letters/numbers match exactly) - open your world with that character - boom,done.

This way is the only way I know. Because apparently the issue is about the minimap file, so you delete it. As far as I know, if you want your world back you’re going to have to sacrifice all your minimap’s data. (The method above is tried and tested by me)

I removed the minimap file and it worked perfectly. So, for anyone seeing this in the future, remove your minimap file. Go to your file opener ,for IOS, ‘files’ works percectly ( it comes with the device).

Open terraria folder-Open player folder- Make a new character and enter the world affected- Go onto the new characters folder and memorise the name of the file inside it- go into your character that id affected’s folder - delete the file with the same or slightly different file name ( I’d say just check the first few letters/numbers match exactly) - open your world with that character - boom,done.

This way is the only way I know. Because apparently the issue is about the minimap file, so you delete it. As far as I know, if you want your world back you’re going to have to sacrifice all your minimap’s data. (The method above is tried and tested by me)
Hi @CharlieTerrarian thanks for sharing what worked for you. :) As far as why or how did the map file cause a problem in the first place, from what I’ve seen reported by other players it normally happens after joining an online multiplayer world. Something that the online host has modified for the server may be causing the issue with the player maps.

Back
Top Bottom