NPCs & Enemies mobs dropping common blocks

KBM-Quine

Official Terrarian
As the title would suggest, i would enjoy it if there were more mobs that dropped common blocks. my reasoning behind it is i like building but i really hate having to rip up a biome just for building blocks. in essence this would make the blocks renewable without having to bring more from another world/character.
here are my ideas for some of the current mobs that could be used for this:
  • red slimes drop clay
  • jungle slimes drop mud
  • sand slimes drop sand
  • underground desert mobs drop hardened sand/sandstone
  • icy slimes drop ice/snow blocks
  • grey/mother slimes drop stone
  • corrupt/slimers drop ebonstone
  • crimslime drop crimstone
  • angry nimbus drop cloud/rain cloud
  • lava slime drop ash
and some blocks that i can't think of any mobs for, but could still use a way of being renewable:
  • marble
  • hive
these are just some ideas off the top of my head, i'm willing to hear any thoughts or opinions. thank you for your consideration.

This is an interesting idea, but it seems like a very quick way to fill up your inventory with about a billion garbage blocks. While I understand the idea and the reasoning behind it, I just don't think that it would work very well in practice.

This is an interesting idea, but it seems like a very quick way to fill up your inventory with about a billion garbage blocks. While I understand the idea and the reasoning behind it, I just don't think that it would work very well in practice.
i understand that would be a limiting factor and can agree it falls apart from it. at the very least i'd like sand slimes to drop sand, it's the block i go through the most of.
(i use sandgun duplication for it most time)

Can't stop building glass creations? Been there, done that, still in the phase. Even if you add this, you'd still grind those mobs just for their blocks, a process much slower than creating a new world, finding the biome you need, then mine the hell out of it, delete and repeat. Also, gotta say the inventory clogging is not something to look forward to.

Back
Top Bottom