tAPI Mod Creation Tools

Status
Not open for further replies.
how do i install the .zip file cause last time i tryed i was forced to re-install terraria in steam? i tried the installer, it says i dont have r14 of tAPI installed but i have! please help

I have the newest version of game launcher, Newest version of tAPI, Newest version of Terraria installed from Steam and good internet connection.
Still, if i try to install it it just says: "you do not have tAPI r 14 installed. You need to have Steam, terraria, and tAPI installed and have an internet connection in order to install the MCT press 'X' to exit". What can I do for that???;(:dryadcry:

how do i install the .zip file cause last time i tryed i was forced to re-install terraria in steam? i tried the installer, it says i dont have r14 of tAPI installed but i have! please help
How about you read the README file first?
I have the newest version of game launcher, Newest version of tAPI, Newest version of Terraria installed from Steam and good internet connection.
Still, if i try to install it it just says: "you do not have tAPI r 14 installed. You need to have Steam, terraria, and tAPI installed and have an internet connection in order to install the MCT press 'X' to exit". What can I do for that???;(:dryadcry:
Then try the .zip file.
I am having the same problem, and I tried this but cmd does nothing, it just says not recognized.
If you installed it with the .zip file, you'll have to create the batch file (or add the terraria directory to your %PATH%) yourself.

How about you read the README file first?

Then try the .zip file.If you installed it with the .zip file, you'll have to create the batch file (or add the terraria directory to your %PATH%) yourself.

I tried the batch file, does not work, I put the content from the readme into the batch file and it does nothing. Just closes instantly like the .exe

the mod doesn't work, it gives me an error:
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at PoroCYon.ICM.Controls.ModFilter`1..ctor(TAPI.ModBase base)
at PoroCYon.ICM.Controls.ItemFilter..ctor(TAPI.ModBase base)
at PoroCYon.ICM.Menus.ItemUI.Init()
at PoroCYon.MCT.UI.MctUI.AddCustomUI(PoroCYon.MCT.UI.Interface.CustomUI customUI) in C:\Users\Pieter\Dropbox\PoroCYon.MCT\Mod Creation Tools\UI\MctUI.cs at line 202
at PoroCYon.ICM.IcmMod.OnAllModsLoaded()
at TAPI.Hooks.Call(System.Action[] ts)
at TAPI.Mods.Load()

(i have installed it 5 times because of this and nothing)

How about being a little nice, it wont hurt you know.
But my patience is completely gone after a lot of people asking me a lot of stupid questions.
the mod doesn't work, it gives me an error:
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at PoroCYon.MCT.UI.MctUI.AddCustomUI(PoroCYon.MCT.UI.Interface.CustomUI customUI) in C:\Users\Pieter\Dropbox\PoroCYon.MCT\Mod Creation Tools\UI\MctUI.cs at line 202
at TAPI.Mods.Load()

(i have installed it 5 times because of this and nothing)
I thought I fixed that bug a while ago...

I think i got it working but how do you use it to make mods oh i had to use the zip to install

i cant get the MCT tools to work in cmd or by clicking on it and ive done all the steps provided
and im not good finding out the problems other than it dont work

Code:
[/CENTER]
C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Terraria\MCTT_EXEC>mct --help

C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Terraria\MCTT_EXEC>"C:\Users\ username
\Documents\My Games\Terraria\tAPI\MCT\MCT Tools.exe" --help

Unhandled Exception: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or :red:
embly 'PoroCYon.MCT, Version=2.0.2.2, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or o
ne of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
   at PoroCYon.MCT.Tools.Program.Main(String[] args)
[CENTER]

Last edited:
I think i got it working but how do you use it to make mods oh i had to use the zip to install

i cant get the MCT tools to work in cmd or by clicking on it and ive done all the steps provided
and im not good finding out the problems other than it dont work

Code:
[/CENTER]
C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Terraria\MCTT_EXEC>mct --help

C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Terraria\MCTT_EXEC>"C:\Users\ username
\Documents\My Games\Terraria\tAPI\MCT\MCT Tools.exe" --help

Unhandled Exception: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or :red:
embly 'PoroCYon.MCT, Version=2.0.2.2, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or o
ne of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
   at PoroCYon.MCT.Tools.Program.Main(String[] args)
[CENTER]
Don't copy MCT Tools.exe, it depends on PoroCYon.MCT.dll. Use "..\MCT Tools.exe". (but this will only work if the working directory is the directory where mct.bat, use the absolute directory)

Don't copy MCT Tools.exe, it depends on PoroCYon.MCT.dll. Use "..\MCT Tools.exe". (but this will only work if the working directory is the directory where mct.bat, use the absolute directory)

this is wat i got when i did that

Code:
Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:    APPCRASH
  Application Name:    MCT Tools.exe
  Application Version:    2.0.2.2
  Application Timestamp:    547b21f0
  Fault Module Name:    KERNELBASE.dll
  Fault Module Version:    6.1.7600.16385
  Fault Module Timestamp:    4a5bdaae
  Exception Code:    e0434352
  Exception Offset:    00009617
  OS Version:    6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.11
  Locale ID:    1033
  Additional Information 1:    0a9e
  Additional Information 2:    0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
  Additional Information 3:    0a9e
  Additional Information 4:    0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Read our privacy statement online:
  http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
  C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

this is wat i got when i did that

Code:
Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:    APPCRASH
  Application Name:    MCT Tools.exe
  Application Version:    2.0.2.2
  Application Timestamp:    547b21f0
  Fault Module Name:    KERNELBASE.dll
  Fault Module Version:    6.1.7600.16385
  Fault Module Timestamp:    4a5bdaae
  Exception Code:    e0434352
  Exception Offset:    00009617
  OS Version:    6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.11
  Locale ID:    1033
  Additional Information 1:    0a9e
  Additional Information 2:    0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
  Additional Information 3:    0a9e
  Additional Information 4:    0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Read our privacy statement online:
  http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
  C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt
This basically means "A CLR exception was thrown.", so I don't know what exactly happened, thus I can't fix it.

at TAPI.Mods.Load()

I can't install the new version because it says v14 is not installed.

at TAPI.Mods.Load()

I can't install the new version because it says v14 is not installed.
This is a bug in ICM, which I fixed but somehow keeps occuring on other people's machines. I have no idea why.

Sooo, I've downloaded the installer and when I start up the exe it says that i don't have tAPI installed, but I do have it installed; I can't proceed do to it derping, unless I've done something wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom