tAPI Mod Creation Tools

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey PoroCYon ı tried to install mct with with all the stuff needed but it says: You do not have tAPI r14 installed!
But installed and played it what shall ı do?

please fix this, or update it, i have r14a, i try using r14 even, but my mct wont work, i want to use the ingame cheat menu but it wont work so please update it or make the ingame cheat menu not need it, so please, reply if you cant or atleast try to make a cheat menu that works, please!

Cheers PoroCYon, awesome Mod, really helps with building everything. I had a problem with installing MCT at first, so I downloaded the DLL's, followed your instructions in the readme file and it worked perfectly. So i don't understand the headaches in this room ;D.
Peace.

I'm trying to get this installed, however, when I try to, it results in an error message saying, "You do not have tAPI r14 installed" or something along those lines. I installed the version of tAPI it wanted me to, however, I didn't uninstall tAPI r14a (which may have caused an issue). I had it installed, however, I still get the same error message from attempting to load it. Do you have any idea what caused this?

Just a note for anybody else having this problem (I see your comments...), using the manual installer works for me.

Last edited:
I keep getting a message that says I don't have tapi installed... Is there any apps desinged to make mods? Something that shows the swing animation when setting it. And easy item making, click the detail you want to add(Buffs etc.)

When I try to download MCT it says I don't have tapi r14 but I downloaded it twice and I have tapi r14a. Anyone know why.

I'm trying to update, but this shows up:
Ashampoo_Snap_2015.03.15_16h10m51s_003_Mod Creation Tools Installer.jpg

Yes, I DO have tAPI installed.

Last edited:
From what I can see, a small update from TAPI has made this program unusable to new downloaders, as it has become uninstallable. It does not work with the most recent version of TAPI, and the people at TAPI are not making older versions of their own program available.

To put it bluntly- DO NOT DOWNLOAD THIS PROGRAM. IT IS REDACTED.

^^^^^^^^^^
Same problem.

edit:
So the only working cheat menu for tAPI is uninstallible because of this thing not working with the newest version of tAPI? :/

This mod is outdated, and the author isn't updating it. I know him very well, so you can take my word on this.

The Mod Creation Tools is made to make tAPI mods easier to make.
(not as, check some checkboxes and let some JSON/C# code get generated, but provide some methods to easily add UI content, change existing content by code, easy networking, etc)

Downloads:
The source can be viewed here.

External tools (MCT Tools.exe):
  • Mod compiler (can compile from multiple languages (not at once), from MSBuild or from managed assemblies) (100%)
  • Mod decompiler (100%)
The MCT Tools can be invoked using the 'MCT' command in CMD. Use the '/?' argument to display all available arguments.

In library:
  • Extended UI Controls (Menu) (100%)
  • UI Controls (Ingame) (100%)
  • Load content by code (both items/... or assets) (100%)
  • Default vanilla data (20%)
  • Vanilla IDs as enums (50%) Discontinued because 1.2.4 includes them (as constants)
  • Sending/Receiving NetMessages as managed objects (100%)
  • A Synced PRNG (100%)
  • XML Documentation (for IntelliSense) (95% - missing for Vanilla IDs)
  • Trigger (and stop) invasions, events, etc. (100%)
  • Easy UI control/Entity/modable object creation (100%)
  • And other things (NaN%)
Other:
  • Visual Studio Project templates (100%)
  • Environment variables: (100%)
    • %tapimoddir% (Documents\My Games\Terraria\tAPI\Mods)
    • %tapimodsrcdir% (%tapimoddir%\Sources)
    • %tapimodoutdir% (%tapimoddir%\Unsorted)
    • %tapibindir% (Steam install directory\SteamApps\Common\Terraria)
    • %mctdir% (Documents\My Games\Terraria\tAPI\MCT)
  • Edit & Continue in Visual Studio - you have to pass some command-line arguments to tAPI (100:dryadsad:
Code:
"%tapibindir%\tAPI.exe" -debug "<internalname>" "C:\Path\To\Assembly.dll
Request features by posting them to this thread! (or fork the repo, add it, and create a pull request)
Edit & Continue does not always work with constructors of global types (ModBase, ModInterface, ModWorld, ...) and ModBase.OnLoad.
Report bugs by posting them to this thread! (or open an issue on the repo)
"You do ot have tAPI installed." I DO!!! WHAT? LIAR! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom