tAPI Mod Creation Tools

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I open the MCT Tools.exe, it just close. Should happen anything?
You have to run it from CMD.

Press Windows+R, type 'cmd', hit enter.
Type 'mct --help' and hit enter again.
I have done some testing as to what causes the crash. So far i have resulted from crashing only from having the .tapi file from MCT being moved/copied into the local folder.
However, i have done a fresh install of Terraria wiping everything from the folder. When the game launches it has a message at the top reading "NO DEBUGGER ATTACHED" to which i am then prompted to install the new version despite my current and my new being the exact same. I have downloaded MCT again after Poro's post but at this moment it still seems that the MCT is failing. If you press "Don't update" you can continue like the normal tAPI but no matter how you try to load the ICM it does not appear in game. So far that is what i have found, sorry there are no error codes that i can share but i will be willing to take screenshots if needed.
That's weird, the message should only appear when the -DEBUG parameter is passed to tAPI.exe.
Also, the PoroCYon.MCT.tapi file is unused, the installer does not deploy it anymore (I hope).

Also, the PoroCYon.MCT.tapi file is unused, the installer does not deploy it anymore (I hope).
Just downloaded to confirm that. However, i am still getting the file and it is still being put into unsorted which i find peculiar because when i'm downloading the zip the .tapi isn't there.

Ok, and i have gotten rid of it. Ill check the update and post success or issues (hope none).

Last edited:
Just downloaded to confirm that. However, i am still getting the file and it is still being put into unsorted which i find peculiar because when i'm downloading the zip the .tapi isn't there.
The .tapi is not needed at all. I (tried to) fix the issues, a new update will be uploaded soon (now, I think).

I can confirm that there is no message telling you there is an update available. Also the Debug message has gone too. Aswell as no .tapi. I still have issues with ICM but i'm checking if its my side only. If not ill leave a message of whats wrong in the other thread but for now all is good. Thank you!

ICM is working fine for me now. But if anyone claims its not loading the ICM interface they may need to re download. Don't know why that's the case but doing that made it perfectly fine for me. Once again, thanks.

Last edited:
the following error can be fixed by manually creating the "templates" folder but might be something to look at
LSaQHAI.png

Whenever I run MCT Installer it gives me:
MCT Error.PNG

Though I have tAPI installed in my terraria, I can see it right now I just can't use the mod I wanted to use (In-game inventory editor).
Sorry if this is a stupid mistake made by me haha.

Sorry if this is a stupid mistake made by me haha.
Haha. Don't worry i had the issue initially, it seems rather than tAPI making an exe called "tAPI.exe" it now takes the name "Terraria" and renames the original Terraria.exe to Terraria.bak.exe (a backup of the original). To fix the installation just rename "Terraria" to "tAPI" and also rename "Terraria.Bak" to "Terraria". The reason for this is that i believe the installer is looking for tAPI.exe but the tAPI seems to have changed it. Quick fix and you should be all good :)

Last edited:
Haha. Don't worry i had the issue initially, it seems rather than tAPI making an exe called "tAPI.exe" it now takes the name "Terraria" and renames the original Terraria.exe to Terraria.bak.exe (a backup of the original). To fix the installation just rename "Terraria" to "tAPI" and also rename "Terraria.Bak" to "Terraria". The reason for this is that i believe the installer is looking for tAPI.exe but the tAPI seems to have changed it. Quick fix and you should be all good :)
Ohhh I see, thanks! :)

the following error can be fixed by manually creating the "templates" folder but might be something to look at
-snip-
Welp, directories are messing up, it should be in your VS directory...
For now, try to install without any templates.
EDIT2: fixed, but not pushed the update yet.
You are not giving enough parameters, you need to mention WHAT to build/decompile, I should've add checks for the arguments length.
EDIT: fixed, but not pushed the update yet.

EDIT3: everything is fixed and updated!

Last edited:
How do I use this exactly? I understand the command line tool, but the dll's and such? Are there any coding examples?
This is meant for usage with Visual Studio. Add the DLL as a reference to the project, then build your mod with MSBuild (using the MCT compiler).

This is meant for usage with Visual Studio. Add the DLL as a reference to the project, then build your mod with MSBuild (using the MCT compiler).

Could use post a sample project? I'm C++ guy from the VS2008 world.. all of this seems so different to me, especially considering I've been out of software engineering for years, and years.

Could use post a sample project? I'm C++ guy from the VS2008 world.. all of this seems so different to me, especially considering I've been out of software engineering for years, and years.
The MCT is VS10+, but it does include a template project (tAPI\Empty tAPI Mod).
It's only for C#, though. (Except if you can manage to let my compiler work with C++/CLR, good luck with that)

I was just saying what my background was. I have VS2012 full and VS2013 express. I seem to like the latter more though. I want to learn the latest and greatest, including C#, .net, etc, which was the whole point of getting into Terraria modding for me (besides being a huge fan of the game). Like anyone, I'd like to ease into it in the easiest way possible. I'm trying to get back into coding again, kick start my career again, after being away from it for years due to illness, psychotic divorce, and so on.

I was just messing around with the template project, running into this when doing a build:
Code:
Warning 1    The 'configuration' element is not declared.
Error     2    System.InvalidOperationException: The JsonData instance has to be initialized first
Error     3    The command "mct compile <snipped path>" exited with code -1.

I was just messing around with the template project, running into this when doing a build:
Code:
Warning 1    The 'configuration' element is not declared.
Error     2    System.InvalidOperationException: The JsonData instance has to be initialized first
Error     3    The command "mct compile <snipped path>" exited with code -1.
I hate this error, it's (usually) a bug in JsonData, or something that got messed up in your JSON file...

The installer tells me that I don't have Terraria installed on Steam (which I clearly do), so I can't install. And I can't find a Terraria.bak file to rename either.
What do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom