Mod for Ores/bars (Hardmode)

dman_dustin

Terrarian
Is there a simple NPC mod, I don't know if my mod list can handle any more giant content mods with a plethora of items.

But is there some basic mod out there, that offers you an NPC that sells hardmode ores.

According to the information available to me, the Forge Master and the Blacksmith from two different mods (Tremor and Thorium), apparently can only go up to Hellstone.

I'm wondering (maybe there's a mod I have where a different NPC sells the hardmode bars or even the ore), or maybe just all the ore/bars available (Potentially, not counting mod ores, just vanilla ores/bars, is fine with me).

Any mod suggestions are nice, but unless its already part of my mod list, I really would prefer to avoid any huge content mods, I feel like I'm probably not going to be able to properly handle a simple NPC mod, if such one were to exist, but if it crashes oh well.

Interesting...
I don't know about any mods like that - but I'm sure it would be possible to make a single NPC mod who would sell hardmode ores/bars without much problems.
Question is, why you would need that? You can get (3 type out of the 6) hardmode ores by destroying at least 3 altars. Or acquire (any type of bars out of the 6 types) via fishing crates (it's tedious and random, but oh well...)
((there is also that, you can cheat in various ways, like using cheat sheets mod. like, you you need just one more bar for the armor set and you just have no luck finding that one type you need in any crates... but it is still cheating, so some might think, that's a bad way)

I guess an NPC that sells them could be convinient though, even if it's not super necessary. (question is, when would such an NPC spawn? if it's at the start of hardmode, then it sounds unbalanced, like then why would you even consider destroying altars? would it be after the 3 mech bosses it would sound more balanced, but by that, you don't need those ores that much anymore, IMO...)

d any huge content mods, I feel like I'm probably not going to be able to properly handle a simple NPC mod, if such one were to exist, but if it crashes oh well.
Interesting...
I don't know about any mods like that - but I'm sure it would be possible to make a single NPC mod who would sell hardmode ores/bars without much problems.
Question is, why you would need that? You can get (3 type out of the 6) hardmode ores by destroying at least 3 altars. Or acquire (any type of bars out of the 6 types) via fishing crates (it's tedious and random, but oh well...)
((there is also that, you can cheat in various ways, like using cheat sheets mod. like, you you need just one more bar for the armor set and you just have no luck finding that one type you need in any crates... but it is still cheating, so some might think, that's a bad way)

I guess an NPC that sells them could be convinient though, even if it's not super necessary. (question is, when would such an NPC spawn? if it's at the start of hardmode, then it sounds unbalanced, like then why would you even consider destroying altars? would it be after the 3 mech bosses it would sound more balanced, but by that, you don't need those ores that much anymore, IMO...)

It's not just that (and I'm not actually talking about the early hardmode ores either, since I can get plenty of those), there's meteorite bars those don't sell by any NPC I'm aware of, there's also hallowed bars and then Chlorophyte Bars, even Spectre bars, and even Luminite Bars as well.

Meteorite bars could be sold after entering hardmode, each mechanical boss could allow for each of the normal hardmode ores (though I really don't care with crates and other mods allowing for easy obtainment of them), but until I get a much stronger weapon, farming mechanical bosses is kind of annoying, especially when i'm trying to do other things, and other bosses I want to get to.

But ultimately I just think end game, all vanilla ores/bars should be available to be sold, maybe some mods require you to farm so you don't get their modded equipment much easier with said NPC, but still I'd understand specifically THAT, but perhaps allow people to choose to get vanilla ores/bars easy.

But that's just me, oh well, I guess I'll have to keep farming then.

It's not just that (and I'm not actually talking about the early hardmode ores either, since I can get plenty of those), there's meteorite bars those don't sell by any NPC I'm aware of, there's also hallowed bars and then Chlorophyte Bars, even Spectre bars, and even Luminite Bars as well.

Meteorite bars could be sold after entering hardmode, each mechanical boss could allow for each of the normal hardmode ores (though I really don't care with crates and other mods allowing for easy obtainment of them), but until I get a much stronger weapon, farming mechanical bosses is kind of annoying, especially when i'm trying to do other things, and other bosses I want to get to.

But ultimately I just think end game, all vanilla ores/bars should be available to be sold, maybe some mods require you to farm so you don't get their modded equipment much easier with said NPC, but still I'd understand specifically THAT, but perhaps allow people to choose to get vanilla ores/bars easy.

But that's just me, oh well, I guess I'll have to keep farming then.

Yeah, Thorium's blacksmith NPC does not sells meteorite bars. I think the logic behind that is - at the blacksmith himself mentions, that he's supplied by the demolitionist. Therefore, they would have a supply of basic ores that can be found underground, but meteorite is a rarity, you can acquire it only at crash-sites. so, normally not part of the world.
By the time you enter hardmode, meteorite gets mostly outclassed by other stuff anyway. there are maybe one or two hardmode items that needs it like the meteor staff, but that's about meteor in hardmode.

Clorophite can be cultivated (although it's tedious) and several other things are based on it, like shroomite and spectre, which have other components that aren't extremely difficult to farm, IMO.

Why would you farm the mech bosses? You can pretty much craft all the important stuff by killing them once or max twice. And I think you can buy hallowed bars (as well as all 3 mech boss souls, once you killed them) from the Operator (Alchemist NPCs/Alchemist NPCs lite). I'm not 100% sure of this, but I think.

Luminite is difficult to get, but there aren't a lot of stuff that needs it, I think.

But, if you think it would be cool, we could try to make a small mod with an NPC that sells various hardmode ores (I think ores would make more sense, since they are more versatile (like you can craft bricks, walls, etc. out of them too, besides the bars). If I can help, I would help brainstorming about it. And I made a small mod with 2 NPCs just a little earlier (Corru Crim NPCs - check it out if you want), so hopefully I could code this much, I think.

Back
Top Bottom