tModLoader Mod Helpers

the same crash error in my previous posts.
im at work right now i can send you the log will do after. :)
( wormsholes is your mod too? Wow ...its my best QOL mod right now

What a new update? What an annoying white "UP" near the cursor? How to configure it?
And why does game crash? No errors. Client closes. Yestarday I updated 5 mods: Mod Helpers, Calamity, Qwerty items and bosses, ElementsAwoken, and Extensible Inventory. Game crashes after 20-30 min playing in any location ( after 2nd crash I downgraded MH and EI to 4.2.4 and 1.2.4 (both last worked)Now it works during 1 hour.

What a new update? What an annoying white "UP" near the cursor? How to configure it?
And why does game crash? No errors. Client closes. Yestarday I updated 5 mods: Mod Helpers, Calamity, Qwerty items and bosses, ElementsAwoken, and Extensible Inventory. Game crashes after 20-30 min playing in any location ( after 2nd crash I downgraded MH and EI to 4.2.4 and 1.2.4 (both last worked)Now it works during 1 hour.
Can you send me the Logs.txt file when you notice a crash? You can find it in Documents/My Games/Terraria/ModLoader/Logs.

The up arrow is a feature added to Extensible Inventory to change pages with the mouse wheel.

I am so scared when update MH and EI, almost always my main world (big world)crashes (Its too strange, small worlds load anyway)or game crashes with differents errors/while reset game objects/ no errors(game just closes ). Up to an hour I try find conflict mod cause I have a lot of mods. Usually downgrading MH or EI helps. Anytime I think dont update any mods. Stable game comes unstable -

Last edited:
I am so scared when update MH and EI, almost always my main world (big world)crashes (Its too strange, small worlds load anyway)or game crashes with differents errors/while reset game objects/ no errors(game just closes ). Up to an hour I try find conflict mod cause I have a lot of mods. Usually downgrading MH or EI helps. Anytime I think dont update any mods. Stable game comes unstable -
If you get crashes, try sending error log reports. I doubt it's my mods in particular, but it's not unheard of.

Inter-mod compatibility has always been a pain.

After playing in a world for some time then exiting the world, I get this error whenever I go back to or to another world regardless of size.

Attachments

• HHCrash.PNG
    HHCrash.PNG
    123.9 KB · Views: 148
After playing in a world for some time then exiting the world, I get this error whenever I go back to or to another world regardless of size.
Does restarting the game do anything? What does your Logs.txt file say when you get this error?

I'll try to have a failsafe for this on the next version.

Last edited:
After I've updated Mod Helpers, all mods that require it crash with "A new guard page for the stack cannot be created" error when initializing (popup windows error window). I didn't add or update any other mods, and it worked before update. I have a very big modlist though.
Log is empty

Last edited:
After I've updated Mod Helpers, all mods that require it crash with "A new guard page for the stack cannot be created" error when initializing (popup windows error window). I didn't add or update any other mods, and it worked before update. I have a very big modlist though.
Log is empty
These are literally the only changes I made in the last 2 versions:
v4.4.0.3 · hamstar0/tml-hamstarhelpers-mod@3606dc5
v4.4.0.4 · hamstar0/tml-hamstarhelpers-mod@c5f7be5

Are you able to replicate this crash?

I am also crashing on initialisation since updating (I'm not sure if I had 4.4.0.3 or 4.4.02 before, last checked updates about 14hrs ago). Seems to happen with both mods I have that require Mod Helpers (Extensible Inventory and Rewards). The game simply freezes for a while and then crashes to desktop. No errors, logs folder is empty.

After disabling them (in mods\enabled.json), everying works fine. I got the following RunTime error before the main menu. Tried again afterwards, but it didn't happen again:

Code:
The given key was not present in the dictionary.
   at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key)
   at Terraria.GameInput.PlayerInput.PostInput()
   at Terraria.GameInput.PlayerInput.UpdateInput()
   at Terraria.Main.DoUpdate_HandleInput()
   at Terraria.Main.DoUpdate(GameTime gameTime)
   at Terraria.Main.Update(GameTime gameTime)

The logs only have a list of item names.

Re-enabled just one mod at a time. Crashed again on initialisation. Disabled again. No runtime error this time, seems like that was a one-off that may not have been related.

Downloading 4.4.0.2 fixes the crash. I don't have a way to check with 4.4.0.3 since I don't see a download for that in the thread.

hey hamstar,because of the new update you just released for mod helpers,my game keeps having problems,when i try to enable mod helpers with extensible inventory and reloads,i keep crashing for some odd reasons,why?

I'm having the same problem as iiPumpz and HazardEST are having. I try to open Tmodloader Terraria and it starts to initialize the mods then load them. I'm guessing when it gets to either extensible inventory or Mod Helpers, it crashes and a text box appears saying "A new guard page for the stack cannot be created" then closing it and Terraria. The only way I've gotten Terraria to get to the title screen is manually disabling and uninstalling Mod Helpers. Is there a thing conflicting with Mod Helpers or is Extensible Inventory causing the issue? If you anything else to help fix this, just tell me and I'll post it.

it also crashed with the same error with Dye Hard and Dynamic Invasions, which are both dependent on Mod Helpers

it also crashed with the same error with Dye Hard and Dynamic Invasions, which are both dependent on Mod Helpers
I'm having the same problem as iiPumpz and HazardEST are having. I try to open Tmodloader Terraria and it starts to initialize the mods then load them. I'm guessing when it gets to either extensible inventory or Mod Helpers, it crashes and a text box appears saying "A new guard page for the stack cannot be created" then closing it and Terraria. The only way I've gotten Terraria to get to the title screen is manually disabling and uninstalling Mod Helpers. Is there a thing conflicting with Mod Helpers or is Extensible Inventory causing the issue? If you anything else to help fix this, just tell me and I'll post it.
i am also crashing after updating from 4.4.0.2 to a newer version
hey hamstar,because of the new update you just released for mod helpers,my game keeps having problems,when i try to enable mod helpers with extensible inventory and reloads,i keep crashing for some odd reasons,why?
I am also crashing on initialisation since updating (I'm not sure if I had 4.4.0.3 or 4.4.02 before, last checked updates about 14hrs ago). Seems to happen with both mods I have that require Mod Helpers (Extensible Inventory and Rewards). The game simply freezes for a while and then crashes to desktop. No errors, logs folder is empty.

After disabling them (in mods\enabled.json), everying works fine. I got the following RunTime error before the main menu. Tried again afterwards, but it didn't happen again:

Code:
The given key was not present in the dictionary.
   at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key)
   at Terraria.GameInput.PlayerInput.PostInput()
   at Terraria.GameInput.PlayerInput.UpdateInput()
   at Terraria.Main.DoUpdate_HandleInput()
   at Terraria.Main.DoUpdate(GameTime gameTime)
   at Terraria.Main.Update(GameTime gameTime)

The logs only have a list of item names.

Re-enabled just one mod at a time. Crashed again on initialisation. Disabled again. No runtime error this time, seems like that was a one-off that may not have been related.

Downloading 4.4.0.2 fixes the crash. I don't have a way to check with 4.4.0.3 since I don't see a download for that in the thread.
v4.4.0.5 fixes this.

Back
Top Bottom