tModLoader Mod Helpers

How can i install 4.4.0.5 if the game is unable to load?
EDIT: Scratch that, i downloaded the latest version from github and overwrote the file at My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Mods.

Last edited:
I'm getting this error message when trying to download/load v4.4.0.5.
Untitled3.png

How can i install 4.4.0.5 if the game is unable to load?
EDIT: Scratch that, i downloaded the latest version from github and overwrote the file at My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Mods.
Yeah, sorry about that. You can also edit the enabled.json file to specifically remove problematic mods.
[doublepost=1562094405,1562094342][/doublepost]
I'm getting this error message when trying to download/load v4.4.0.5.
View attachment 223627
Try re-enabling it in the mod menu. If it still doesn't work, I'll have to figure this out.

Heyyyyyyyyy, everytime i open server browser, it seems to freeze for a couple seconds and then in the background it says that the game has crashed
Logs:
Collection was modified; enumeration operation may not execute.
at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowInvalidOperationException(ExceptionResource resource)
at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.Enumerator.MoveNextRare()
at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.Enumerator.MoveNext()
at Terraria.UI.UIElement.Update(GameTime gameTime)
at HamstarHelpers.UIHelpers.Elements.UIDialog.Update(GameTime game_time)
at Terraria.UI.UserInterface.Update(GameTime time)
at Terraria.Main.DoUpdate(GameTime gameTime)
at Terraria.Main.Update(GameTime gameTime)
[doublepost=1523170360,1523170133][/doublepost]
or this if you like it more:
Im also getting this problem right now and don't know what to do someone please help.

Bug 1:

Any mod that adds an item with no display name will break /mh-get-item-id for modded items

An example of such an item is GRealm.Items.Pickups.MantimyteHealingOrb from GRealm.

So if you have GRealm enabled, you can do /mh-get-item-id 1 and it will return the id for GRealm.Items.Pickups.MantimyteHealingOrb, as with anything that isn't a vanilla display name.

If I do /mh-get-item-id 1 I get 9123
if I do /intrinsic-create-contract "" it says it creates a contract imparting "[c/ff2864:]"
if I do /rew-shop-add "test" 0 9123:2, and purchase this reward pack, it will spawn healing orbs in stacks of two with purple (2) as the display name.

I did Terraria.ModLoader.ItemLoader.GetItem(9123) in Modder's Toolkit C# REPL in order to find out the cause
(Thanks to DRKV333)

Bug 2:

Without the presence of such a mod item, /mh-get-item-id "ItemName" where ItemName contains no spaces, fails to consider it a valid item name
Eg. /mh-get-item-id "Sadism" from FargowiltasSouls
In contrast, /mh-get-item-id "The Mutant's Gift" works fine. (also from FargowiltasSouls, both have autogenerated item names)

There may be something else going on here from some of my other mods but this is untraceable, unlike the last one.
[doublepost=1564328933,1564328743][/doublepost]In regards to Bug 1, doing /mh-get-item-id "Gold Pickaxe" still works, only if it's a non-vanilla display name will it refer to the empty name item's id.

Well, once I upgrade all my mods to the upcoming Mod Helpers v5, all that will be moot since all the configs now use ModConfig, which makes item picking super simple via. the menu.

Crashes mod browser, sometimes my frames go up into the hundreds? Need assistance bc ei is vital to my playthroughs

I tried reverting but cant seem to get the mods to show when i revert

Attachments

• 20190810_153352.jpg
    20190810_153352.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 241
updated today and i get an error when anyone joins my server, including myself. this was in the log:
[21:35:13] [1/INFO] [HamstarHelpers]: 2:255 - 000019.15 !HamstarHelpers.PlayerLogic.OnServerConnect (E#0) - Invalid argument type: Expected Object, found Int32
[21:35:13] [1/WARN] [tML]: Silently Caught Exception:
HamstarHelpers.Classes.Errors.ModHelpersException: Invalid argument type: Expected Object, found Int32
at HamstarHelpers.Services.Hooks.LoadHooks.CustomLoadHooks.TriggerHook[T](CustomLoadHookValidator`1 validator, Object validatorKey, T args) in HamstarHelpers\Services\Hooks\LoadHooks\CustomLoadHooks_API.cs:line 119
at HamstarHelpers.Internals.Logic.PlayerLogic.OnServerConnect(Player player) in HamstarHelpers\Internals\Logic\PlayerLogic_Net.cs:line 25
at HamstarHelpers.ModHelpersPlayer.SyncPlayer(Int32 toWho, Int32 fromWho, Boolean newPlayer) in HamstarHelpers\MyPlayer.cs:line 66
at Terraria.ModLoader.PlayerHooks.SyncPlayer(Player player, Int32 toWho, Int32 fromWho, Boolean newPlayer)
at Terraria.NetMessage.SyncOnePlayer(Int32 plr, Int32 toWho, Int32 fromWho)
at Terraria.NetMessage.SyncConnectedPlayer(Int32 plr)
at Terraria.MessageBuffer.GetData(Int32 start, Int32 length, Int32& messageType)
at Terraria.NetMessage.CheckBytes(Int32 bufferIndex)
at Terraria.Netplay.<>c.<ServerLoop>b__46_2()
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.InnerInvoke()
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute()
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ExecutionContextCallback(Object obj)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ExecuteWithThreadLocal(Task& currentTaskSlot)
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ExecuteEntry(Boolean bPreventDoubleExecution)
at System.Threading.Tasks.ThreadPoolTaskScheduler.TryExecuteTaskInline(Task task, Boolean taskWasPreviouslyQueued)
at System.Threading.Tasks.TaskScheduler.TryRunInline(Task task, Boolean taskWasPreviouslyQueued)
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.InternalRunSynchronously(TaskScheduler scheduler, Boolean waitForCompletion)
at Terraria.Netplay.OnUpdate()
at Terraria.Main.DedServ()
at Terraria.Program.LaunchGame_()
at Terraria.Program.LaunchGame(String[] args, Boolean monoArgs)
at Terraria.WindowsLaunch.Main(String[] args)

uploading the entire log as well to see if that helps. the server runs fine if i disable mod helpers

Attachments

• server.log
    12 KB · Views: 97
updated today and i get an error when anyone joins my server, including myself. this was in the log:
[21:35:13] [1/INFO] [HamstarHelpers]: 2:255 - 000019.15 !HamstarHelpers.PlayerLogic.OnServerConnect (E#0) - Invalid argument type: Expected Object, found Int32
[21:35:13] [1/WARN] [tML]: Silently Caught Exception:
HamstarHelpers.Classes.Errors.ModHelpersException: Invalid argument type: Expected Object, found Int32
at HamstarHelpers.Services.Hooks.LoadHooks.CustomLoadHooks.TriggerHook[T](CustomLoadHookValidator`1 validator, Object validatorKey, T args) in HamstarHelpers\Services\Hooks\LoadHooks\CustomLoadHooks_API.cs:line 119
at HamstarHelpers.Internals.Logic.PlayerLogic.OnServerConnect(Player player) in HamstarHelpers\Internals\Logic\PlayerLogic_Net.cs:line 25
at HamstarHelpers.ModHelpersPlayer.SyncPlayer(Int32 toWho, Int32 fromWho, Boolean newPlayer) in HamstarHelpers\MyPlayer.cs:line 66
at Terraria.ModLoader.PlayerHooks.SyncPlayer(Player player, Int32 toWho, Int32 fromWho, Boolean newPlayer)
at Terraria.NetMessage.SyncOnePlayer(Int32 plr, Int32 toWho, Int32 fromWho)
at Terraria.NetMessage.SyncConnectedPlayer(Int32 plr)
at Terraria.MessageBuffer.GetData(Int32 start, Int32 length, Int32& messageType)
at Terraria.NetMessage.CheckBytes(Int32 bufferIndex)
at Terraria.Netplay.<>c.<ServerLoop>b__46_2()
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.InnerInvoke()
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute()
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ExecutionContextCallback(Object obj)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ExecuteWithThreadLocal(Task& currentTaskSlot)
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ExecuteEntry(Boolean bPreventDoubleExecution)
at System.Threading.Tasks.ThreadPoolTaskScheduler.TryExecuteTaskInline(Task task, Boolean taskWasPreviouslyQueued)
at System.Threading.Tasks.TaskScheduler.TryRunInline(Task task, Boolean taskWasPreviouslyQueued)
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.InternalRunSynchronously(TaskScheduler scheduler, Boolean waitForCompletion)
at Terraria.Netplay.OnUpdate()
at Terraria.Main.DedServ()
at Terraria.Program.LaunchGame_()
at Terraria.Program.LaunchGame(String[] args, Boolean monoArgs)
at Terraria.WindowsLaunch.Main(String[] args)

uploading the entire log as well to see if that helps. the server runs fine if i disable mod helpers
v5.0.0.2 should now fix this.

Thank you! it lets us join now. it did mess something up with extensible inventory, i'll put my client file over in that thread.

Hi there Hamstar! The only mods that I have updated recently are yours. I am using tmod 64. After the recent update Terraria freezes and then crashes in the middle of Initialazing mods if I am not connected to the internet. If I am connected, no problem

Hi there Hamstar! The only mods that I have updated recently are yours. I am using tmod 64. After the recent update Terraria freezes and then crashes in the middle of Initialazing mods if I am not connected to the internet. If I am connected, no problem
Noted. I'll see if I can replicate the issue.

Edit: I did once, but it was not repeatable. Can you send me a your client.log file when you get the issue again? I'll keep trying, meanwhile.

Last edited:
System.Net.WebException: The remote name could not be resolved: 'checkip.dyndns.org'
at System.Net.ServicePoint.GetConnection(PooledStream PooledStream, Object owner, Boolean async, IPAddress& address, Socket& abortSocket, Socket& abortSocket6)
at System.Net.PooledStream.Activate(Object owningObject, Boolean async, GeneralAsyncDelegate asyncCallback)
at System.Net.Connection.CompleteStartConnection(Boolean async, HttpWebRequest httpWebRequest)
at System.Net.Connection.CompleteStartRequest(Boolean onSubmitThread, HttpWebRequest request, TriState needReConnect)
at DMD<System.Net.Connection::SubmitRequest>(Connection , HttpWebRequest , Boolean )
at Terraria.ModLoader.Core.LoggingHooks.<>c.<HookWebRequests>b__17_0(SubmitRequest orig, Object self, HttpWebRequest request, Boolean forcedsubmit)
at DMD<DMD<Hook<System.Net.Connection::SubmitRequest>?16347077>?12905972::Hook<System.Net.Connection::SubmitRequest>?16347077>(Connection , HttpWebRequest , Boolean )
at System.Net.ServicePoint.SubmitRequest(HttpWebRequest request, String connName)
at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.SubmitRequest(ServicePoint servicePoint)
at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
at HamstarHelpers.Helpers.Net.WebConnectionHelpers.MakeGetRequest(String url, String& output) in HamstarHelpers\Helpers\Net\WebConnectionHelpers.cs:line 128
at HamstarHelpers.Helpers.Net.WebConnectionHelpers.<>c__DisplayClass2_0.<MakeGetRequestAsync>b__0(Object _) in HamstarHelpers\Helpers\Net\WebConnectionHelpers.cs:line 99
at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.System.Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem()
at System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()
[11:42:02] [6/INFO] [tML]: Initializing: DynamicInvasions v0.9.2
[11:42:02] [9/INFO] [HamstarHelpers]: 0:000 - 000000.06 !System.ExecutionContext.RunInternal (E#0) - GET request unsuccessful (url: Current IP Check)
[11:42:02] [9/WARN] [tML]: Silently Caught Exception:
HamstarHelpers.Classes.Errors.ModHelpersException: GET request unsuccessful (url: Current IP Check)
at HamstarHelpers.Helpers.Net.WebConnectionHelpers.<>c__DisplayClass2_0.<MakeGetRequestAsync>b__0(Object _) in HamstarHelpers\Helpers\Net\WebConnectionHelpers.cs:line 104
at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.System.Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem()
[11:42:02] [9/INFO] [HamstarHelpers]: 0:000 - 000000.07 Could not acquire IP: HamstarHelpers.Classes.Errors.ModHelpersException: GET request unsuccessful (url: Current IP Check)
at HamstarHelpers.Helpers.Net.WebConnectionHelpers.<>c__DisplayClass2_0.<MakeGetRequestAsync>b__0(Object _) in HamstarHelpers\Helpers\Net\WebConnectionHelpers.cs:line 104
System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
at HamstarHelpers.Helpers.Net.NetPlayHelpers.<LoadIPAsync>b__6_0(Boolean success, String output) in HamstarHelpers\Helpers\Net\NetPlayHelpers_Instance.cs:line 36
at HamstarHelpers.Helpers.Net.WebConnectionHelpers.<>c__DisplayClass2_0.<MakeGetRequestAsync>b__0(Object _) in HamstarHelpers\Helpers\Net\WebConnectionHelpers.cs:line 111
[11:42:02] [9/ERROR] [tML]: Unhandled Exception
at HamstarHelpers.Helpers.Net.NetPlayHelpers.<LoadIPAsync>b__6_0(Boolean success, String output) in HamstarHelpers\Helpers\Net\NetPlayHelpers_Instance.cs:line 36
at HamstarHelpers.Helpers.Net.WebConnectionHelpers.<>c__DisplayClass2_0.<MakeGetRequestAsync>b__0(Object _) in HamstarHelpers\Helpers\Net\WebConnectionHelpers.cs:line 111
[11:42:02] [6/INFO] [tML]: Initializing: EarlyWings v1.2
[11:42:02] [9/INFO] [HamstarHelpers]: 0:000 - 000000.10 UNHANDLED crash? True
Sender: Name:Terraria.exe
There are no context policies.
Message: System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.

Here you go!

System.Net.WebException: The remote name could not be resolved: 'checkip.dyndns.org'
at System.Net.ServicePoint.GetConnection(PooledStream PooledStream, Object owner, Boolean async, IPAddress& address, Socket& abortSocket, Socket& abortSocket6)
at System.Net.PooledStream.Activate(Object owningObject, Boolean async, GeneralAsyncDelegate asyncCallback)
at System.Net.Connection.CompleteStartConnection(Boolean async, HttpWebRequest httpWebRequest)
at System.Net.Connection.CompleteStartRequest(Boolean onSubmitThread, HttpWebRequest request, TriState needReConnect)
at DMD<System.Net.Connection::SubmitRequest>(Connection , HttpWebRequest , Boolean )
at Terraria.ModLoader.Core.LoggingHooks.<>c.<HookWebRequests>b__17_0(SubmitRequest orig, Object self, HttpWebRequest request, Boolean forcedsubmit)
at DMD<DMD<Hook<System.Net.Connection::SubmitRequest>?16347077>?12905972::Hook<System.Net.Connection::SubmitRequest>?16347077>(Connection , HttpWebRequest , Boolean )
at System.Net.ServicePoint.SubmitRequest(HttpWebRequest request, String connName)
at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.SubmitRequest(ServicePoint servicePoint)
at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
at HamstarHelpers.Helpers.Net.WebConnectionHelpers.MakeGetRequest(String url, String& output) in HamstarHelpers\Helpers\Net\WebConnectionHelpers.cs:line 128
at HamstarHelpers.Helpers.Net.WebConnectionHelpers.<>c__DisplayClass2_0.<MakeGetRequestAsync>b__0(Object _) in HamstarHelpers\Helpers\Net\WebConnectionHelpers.cs:line 99
[11:42:02] [6/INFO] [tML]: Initializing: DynamicInvasions v0.9.2
[11:42:02] [9/INFO] [HamstarHelpers]: 0:000 - 000000.06 !System.ExecutionContext.RunInternal (E#0) - GET request unsuccessful (url: Current IP Check)
HamstarHelpers.Classes.Errors.ModHelpersException: GET request unsuccessful (url: Current IP Check)
[11:42:02] [9/INFO] [HamstarHelpers]: 0:000 - 000000.07 Could not acquire IP: HamstarHelpers.Classes.Errors.ModHelpersException: GET request unsuccessful (url: Current IP Check)
[11:42:02] [9/ERROR] [tML]: Unhandled Exception
[11:42:02] [6/INFO] [tML]: Initializing: EarlyWings v1.2
[11:42:02] [9/INFO] [HamstarHelpers]: 0:000 - 000000.10 UNHANDLED crash? True
Sender: Name:Terraria.exe
There are no context policies.
Message: System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.

Here you go!
v5.0.0.4 should fix this.

Back
Top Bottom