tModLoader Mod Idea: Statues Galore!

BadScientist

Plantera
I don't know the first thing about coding so this isn't something I can implement myself, but I thought it was a good enough idea to put it out there in case anyone more enterprising and tech savvy than me wanted to try their hand at creating it. I'm currently just starting work on the sequel to my first adventure map and I was thinking how much better I would be able to make it with something like this. Of course, it would be best if it was added into vanilla Terraria and then into TEdit, but a mod would be neat as well.

The mod would basically add two groups of statues:

1. New enemy spawning statues: These would be added to new worlds just like the existing statues and they would function the same way. There would basically be a statue for every enemy in the game. Drops from spawned enemies would be reduced versus their naturally spawned counterparts where necessary for balance.

2. Boss/event statues: These would only be obtainable by crafting. The recipe would be something like 10 of the summoning item plus the boss trophy plus 50 stone. When activated, the statue would summon the boss/event at the statue's location. There would be a relatively long cooldown on them (maybe 5 minutes). The statues would only work under the same circumstances as the normal consumable summoning item (e.g. the WoF statue would only work in the underworld and the EoC statue would only work at night).

Anyways, that's my idea. I now send it out into the world with a boatload of positive vibes and commend it to your able hands, Terraria modding community!

Back
Top Bottom