Mod Ideas?

Roka Josh

Skeletron Prime
I want to start making mods, but I don't have very many ideas, so please post ideas for mods which you think will good after this post!
Current preferable idea topics: (A higher number means more preferred)
1 - Items
2 - Blocks
3 - Enemies
4 - Biome's

I am more likely to take on a suggestion with a higher priority!

Last edited:
I'm kinda sorry but I don't think you understand how much dedication is require to make mod. Have you ever worked with an API ? Have you ever done Coding. Its not that simple you know :O
I mean, I'm actually a programmer and I tried to learn the terraria API but when I saw it I was like, AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH NOPE. Its not like just clicking, add mob, setup the hp, atk, defense and texture ... It's way more advance than that. Anyway, if you actually choose to make some, good luck but most of the time it require a team.

I'm kinda sorry but I don't think you understand how much dedication is require to make mod. Have you ever worked with an API ? Have you ever done Coding. Its not that simple you know :O
I mean, I'm actually a programmer and I tried to learn the terraria API but when I saw it I was like, AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH NOPE. Its not like just clicking, add mob, setup the hp, atk, defense and texture ... It's way more advance than that. Anyway, if you actually choose to make some, good luck but most of the time it require a team.
Yes I have and yes I know so something like that is a tad too far, but as a start (a one man job, with help from community) I just want to stick to basic things like items and enemies.

Various ideas that're probably unrealistic.
1. a unistation, a combination of most (if not all) crafting stations for convenience. maybe it could require all the stations (forge, furnace, sawmill, etc.) maybe have different levels (adamantite, iron, etc.) and possibly some unique end game tools/armor sets that only the station could make? (slightly above turtle/beetle armor possibly with some unique buffs? like speed, or max summons, etc.)

2. Incredibly rare random vanity items from various mobs if you make any mobs (Ex. Flaming recon from halo 3 as rare as the slime staff (who doesn't like a flaming head, could be like the wisp in a bottle but your armor's head.) or an unusual hat from tf2, or even some king uniform, references to other games/media, etc. Vanity just to look cool and give you something to hunt for when you're bored.

3. Themed armor sets? possibly fill any gaps between progression with melee/mage/summoner/ranged sets?

4. more mounts? (No idea how people do custom mounts but hey you want ideas.) possibly a skeletron mount? or an eye of cthulhu mount, or even a brain mount.

5. more pets? (similar to mounts pretty much just random mobs as followers/pets that have a chance of dropping or are crafted by the mobs drops?)

6. New enemies, ranging from easy pre-hardmode to making you wish your end game gear was triple it's strength, Pretty much any animal, myth, etc you can think of that you'd like to see in the game, turn it into an appropriately fitting mob. Also end game expansions are always fun since with some gear things become too easy. (granted mods exist for that purpose, new mobs are always fun.)

and lastly, Decorative tiles. Trophies, banners, furniture, blocks even. Heck, mob statues maybe? You may not be able to get yourself an ocram port, but maybe turn him into a craftable and placable decorative tile? and maybe any mob that you feel like working on (vanilla or your mod) could drop itself as a decrotive tile. Trophy rooms can finally have floor based trophies. or maybe some animated tiles, like the living flame block except lightning, or anything like that. Maybe a tornado block with a little swirling twister, or a tornado in a jar animated block, or a mini tsunami in a jar that has a little beach flooded by a tsunami over and over. there are really a lot of options decoration wise.

I'm sorry if i've worded any of this badly, I'm really tired. So if you need some idea better explained, let me know. Although a majority of these ideas are terrible and very generic/basic.

You can't add ocram in a mod , red say it will never have console exclusive on pc even in mod form
Red can't stop you from adding Ocram via a mod, and where exactly did you get this info? I can understand Red saying that HE will never add Ocram to PC, but I'm 99% positive he has NEVER said that you can't add him through a mod.

Thank you so much for the ideas, and there is nothing wrong with them in fact they're amazing!

1: A brilliant idea, probably the first thing I'll do!
2: Possibly after I have done more contenty? things.
3: Definitely as I feel like Mage and summoner could have more before spider/spectre!
4: Cool idea I for one am hyped about the mining mount so adding more useful ones would be great!
5: Like the vanity idea not as important but still nifty!
6: Yeah as they can provide items for mod items!
7: Again like the vanity and pets not as important, but I do like the idea of more blocks!

Again thank you so much for helping, however there is only me (at the moment) so it will be slow and hard to make, but sincerely thank you!

No problem, take your time with whatever you choose to do, if you have to wait until tapi's updated for 1.3 that's still awesome. (the hype is real for that though.) Another idea (waaaaaay down the road) could be like special events, hordes of mobs similar to invasions. Like wave after wave, each with a new more powerful enemy (good way to showcase your mod's mobs.) or even just the vanilla mobs mixed with yours. Also a good way to distribute whatever mats/crafting items you put in your mod.

Dude/Dudette thank you so much!
For one guy an event is just a bit too much I don't really know though!
I'm sorry to shamelessly self advertise, but if you like Terraria the it would be amazing if you were to check out my YouTube channel in my signature, you just seem like a swell fellow.

Also a big question, if I group together some of these mod ideas, then what should I call the mod?!?

Dude/Dudette thank you so much!
For one guy an event is just a bit too much I don't really know though!
I'm sorry to shamelessly self advertise, but if you like Terraria the it would be amazing if you were to check out my YouTube channel in my signature, you just seem like a swell fellow.

Also a big question, if I group together some of these mod ideas, then what should I call the mod?!?
haha i understand entirely man, i tried making an armor mod and failed, so i can't fathom how difficult an invasion/moon/any event would be! so any progress on a mod's still awesome, especially for one person. and no need to be sorry, i'll check your channel out.

Hmm, do you have a theme in mind? my ideas were pretty much just whatever i personally thought would be cool in terraria, you could call it T-modia? or The mod of mods and such. a bit of a long name but it'd probably stand out. Theme is important though, so if you set out to make a like tech mod, you want a tech name ya'know? but for random, just make it something utterly random, yet subtly relevant to both the mod and terraria. (if that makes any sense.)

I'm terrible with names and I always have been, but I want it to just be generic additions to Terraria staying with the average theme, so something with Terraria or Terra or anything like that in!

Also thanks for checking out the channel!

Hmm, yeah i'm pretty bad with names too but something like modrarria, mr terraria's terrific mod, Terrarimod, omnirarria (if you do the omni crafting station thing.) something along those lines i'd imagine would be good. No problem man, I like the mini-tutorials on there.

Back
Top Bottom