tModLoader Mod of Redemption

Did you ever actually use Mod of Randomness?

• Total voters
I just fought and beat King Slayer III and had to stop and say that was one of my favorite boss fights to date, that includes out of Throium, Calamity, Elements Awoken, Ancients Awoken, Split, Spirit, Tremor and the music was great. The only tiny criticism might be the use of the cultists attacks and sounds, but the rest felt really good to me. Fought him just before Plantera, though I had the stardust dragon because of an accidently early pillars event from another mod....

View attachment 219404
Thank you, and I definitely don't think you'd like the old King Slayer, since when he switched phases, he used to spam 4 lightning orbs...

Yeah that would of wrecked me quick...On another note, the music was awesome, though I noticed that there are no music boxes or I missed them. Could that be a future thing maybe? Unless, like I said, I just missed them >.<.

Yeah that would of wrecked me quick...On another note, the music was awesome, though I noticed that there are no music boxes or I missed them. Could that be a future thing maybe? Unless, like I said, I just missed them >.<.
There are music boxes, Slayer's one is made with Cyber Plating and a Music Box. Just look at what a music box can craft in Recipe Browser, if you have that mod.

So yeah... About the lab.

I feel like earlier in making this area of the game, it was meant for eariler in progression, and this shows a bit more with the mini-bosses and Patient Zero who, is still challenging when you fight him, but overall not as hard as I'd expect from post moonlord.

I have a hunch about this, but I'm not sure. They still work where they are at in the mod but this is just a feeling I had playing it.

So yeah... About the lab.

I feel like earlier in making this area of the game, it was meant for eariler in progression, and this shows a bit more with the mini-bosses and Patient Zero who, is still challenging when you fight him, but overall not as hard as I'd expect from post moonlord.

I have a hunch about this, but I'm not sure. They still work where they are at in the mod but this is just a feeling I had playing it.
Nah it was always meant for post-moonlord, I just felt like I had to nerf patient zero because it dealt too much damage, so i guess i nerfed it a little too much then?

Nah it was always meant for post-moonlord, I just felt like I had to nerf patient zero because it dealt too much damage, so i guess i nerfed it a little too much then?
I was using a number of different modded gear, but at the time (and because I didn't realize there was just simply an accessory for this) I made the entire Xenium armor set to get past the water and used that up to the boss.

Before I started the fight, I got rid of all the sludge in the arena as to not bounce on it. After that I buffed up, with alot of potions.
I didn't breeze though PZ's boss fight, he took a good while to kill (as did Project M.A.C.E) so that meant I wasn't overpowered or anything.
But those lasers, I'd say they arn't quite strong enough, PZ lets the player know where he's going to shoot them and gives them more then enough time to get out of the way, I think if they did 2X it wouldn't break the boss but it would raise the challenge factor just a bit.
Everything else as is, is pretty fine, when you play with a bunch of mods it's difficult to get a good balance feel so maybe it's just me.

I think a Hinted attack like that should deal more damage than it does, the rest of his attacks (especially those green homing shots) are difficult to avoid and shouldn't be buffed.

Again the way the lab handles progression is honestly great! It's a great dungeon (even if it's not RNGenerated) and it was alot of fun, I hadn't Experenced anything like that since modded Starbound, great job!

Every mod is always geared towards a different feel or challenge, or personal taste of the author. So again, it's hard to say, but this is my feedback.

Oh and one more thing, I heard you can gather the lab tiles after PZ, but I can't seem to figure it out.
He doesn't drop anything that makes a pickaxe that I can see.

I was using a number of different modded gear, but at the time (and because I didn't realize there was just simply an accessory for this) I made the entire Xenium armor set to get past the water and used that up to the boss.

Before I started the fight, I got rid of all the sludge in the arena as to not bounce on it. After that I buffed up, with alot of potions.
I didn't breeze though PZ's boss fight, he took a good while to kill (as did Project M.A.C.E) so that meant I wasn't overpowered or anything.
But those lasers, I'd say they arn't quite strong enough, PZ lets the player know where he's going to shoot them and gives them more then enough time to get out of the way, I think if they did 2X it wouldn't break the boss but it would raise the challenge factor just a bit.
Everything else as is, is pretty fine, when you play with a bunch of mods it's difficult to get a good balance feel so maybe it's just me.

I think a Hinted attack like that should deal more damage than it does, the rest of his attacks (especially those green homing shots) are difficult to avoid and shouldn't be buffed.

Again the way the lab handles progression is honestly great! It's a great dungeon (even if it's not RNGenerated) and it was alot of fun, I hadn't Experenced anything like that since modded Starbound, great job!

Every mod is always geared towards a different feel or challenge, or personal taste of the author. So again, it's hard to say, but this is my feedback.

Oh and one more thing, I heard you can gather the lab tiles after PZ, but I can't seem to figure it out.
He doesn't drop anything that makes a pickaxe that I can see.
I've already buffed patient zero's attacks.
You can only mine the lab tiles with a 500% power pickaxe, the only pickaxe in my mod that has that can only be cheated in.

I am going to try to get Tmodloader 64 bit up and running and then i can use this mod with a bunch of other mods instead of having to delete some mods.

Hello there! It appears than whenever I'm trying to create a world, the game crashes on me! Here's the report!
index.php

Please help me ASAP! Thanks!

To be frank, and it's just IMO, you have to remake the lab and how it's generated:
  • The tight corridors really don't feel like dungeon at all. Minimal corridor height should be 7, minimal width - 5. It'll be a bigger dungeon, but it'll be better and not as cramped to explore. And much more pleasant to know you'll have fun in there.
  • Straight corners everywhere. And a lot of meaningless vertical shafts. I understand what you're going for, but add some stairways from one room to another.
  • You have two entrances, but both are blocked off by black goop. Why is that? I was unable to explore the lab without cheating. Not a single pickaxe could mine the goop (except your Nano) Make one entrance.
  • I suggest, since you don't really *generate* the lab but copy-paste it, that you make three versions of the lab - for small, medium and large worlds.
The mod is alright. Wasteland sucks, new class is nice, bosses are good. You need more content.
If you're interested, I'll properly explain every plus and minus of your mod (how I see it) and how to fix it.

Last edited:
To be frank, and it's just IMO, you have to remake the lab and how it's generated:
  • The tight corridors really don't feel like dungeon at all. Minimal corridor height should be 7, minimal width - 5. It'll be a bigger dungeon, but it'll be better and not as cramped to explore. And much more pleasant to know you'll have fun in there.
  • Straight corners everywhere. And a lot of meaningless vertical shafts. I understand what you're going for, but add some stairways from one room to another.
  • No background walls. Like, it's the basic stuff to have.
  • You have two entrances, but both are blocked off by black goop. Why is that? I was unable to explore the lab without cheating. Not a single pickaxe could mine the goop (except your Nano) Make one entrance.
  • I suggest, since you don't really *generate* the lab but copy-paste it, that you make three versions of the lab - for small, medium and large worlds.
The mod is alright. Wasteland sucks, new class is nice, bosses are good. You need more content.
If you're interested, I'll properly explain every plus and minus of your mod (how I see it) and how to fix it.
  • Me and Tied (Tied especially) thinks we should redesign some areas of the lab, so we'll probably do that in the future, but I'm still trying to get the lab to work in multiplayer.
  • Tex-to-gen, the method that generates the lab, can't generate platforms so I'd need to generate them manually, and I'm not very good at worldgen coding.
  • I don't know what you mean by that, the lab has walls.
  • The right entrance isn't blocked off by black sludge, just normal sludge, which is minable with a pickaxe axe, but it is confusing to go to the left entrance and realise you can't get through
  • Making 3 different versions of the lab is possible, its just it'll fill up my World.cs, since I'm probably placing furniture in the least efficient way.
  • Funny you say that about the Wasteland, it is actually getting an overhaul next update, but most of the stuff you'll get using the clentaminator.
I wouldn't mind hearing the pluses and minuses of the mod

Most of the stuff here I agree with, like Hallam said, the Wasteland is being overhauled completely in an amazing way (Spoilers on the discord).
i never had a problem entering the Lab itself, so maybe you had a bad generation?

Please tell me he's not changing the wasteland's music thou.

That's like, the best track in the entire mod, only matched the lab and patient zero's theme

Please tell me he's not changing the wasteland's music thou.

That's like, the best track in the entire mod, only matched the lab and patient zero's theme
Wasteland music is the same as ever :)
if you like it, you can check out Nick Nuwe's other stuff, his channel is in the music credits spoiler at the bottom of the page

That's an issue with tmodloader, and can sometimes happen while trying to download any mod.

If this ever happens, just wait a bit (at least a few minutes), try again and it'll work eventually.
And if it doesn't, go to their Discord. I had to do that with Yoshi's Island Mod when I first got it.

Just to briefly comment on one aspect instead of the whole mod for now, it seems the water in the lab is meant to block you till you get armor or an accessory to not get harmed by it. So I wondered if you could simple remove the water in some way just by vanilla means alone and sure enough, you can. A Super Absorbant Sponge can easily drain all the water and let you access other parts of the lab sooner. Does make for a nice challenge against the later bosses with pre-Moon Lord weapons. Now sure a Super Absorbant Sponge is pretty hard to get normally, but with QoL mods, it becomes much easier. I imagine you could also bring a lot of buckets, pump the water out, or dump lava or honey over the water.

Back
Top Bottom