tModLoader Mod of Redemption

Did you ever actually use Mod of Randomness?

• Total voters
Pixies/Nature Guardians shouldnt occupy minion slots, but Hallam (main developer) doesnt know how to fix that
Seedbags are quite different, cause they have different mechanic. One can have high damage, but really small radius, another - small damage but high radius.
For the progression, you know, recipe browser and boss checklist are very helpful.
It looks like they're using minion code to create the pixies/etc, when they should just drop that and simply make it generate a projectile that stays above the player's head for the duration and creates other projectiles. That being said, I imagine a quick ask in a major mod's discord might reveal a simple fix to not have a summon occupy a minion slot. Another alternative would be to have it occupy a sentry slot, instead.

So far, the seedbags all seem to suffer from the initial projectile being affected by gravity and surface impact, so they take planning (laying platforms). The problem with that is, even if you prep with platforms, it's still difficult to get the shot where you need it on the platform you want it on in time to be effective. I notice deathweed fires homing shots once placed, which is handy, but only a few (six?); nightshade still performs better, being able to damage at point of impact, above it, and below it. in an area; it's a bit unreliable past the sprout (the random upward fire and downward rains), but it still covers a lot of area.

In pre-hardmode, it's something to just have to work with, but I got eyeball seedbag and nightshade still outperforms that, and it seems like seedbags, in general, are better suited for (heh) farming (I've been using them to farm the agonizingly slow-to-accumulate small souls), although I was able to get my defense high enough to use Nightshade and just stand there and let its area of effect up/down attacking kill expert Eye of Cthulhu once I'd done some gear prep and potion collecting (and Halloween candy).

I'm hoping something later in progression makes seedbags more directly applicable in combat... maybe a short-range projectile that just "explodes" into the relevant bloom, which does that bloom's standard attack for a few seconds before dissipating without needing to land on a surface first.

The Coldblooded Druid armor also suggests post-EoC mod progression should involve the ice biome, but I don't see how except in a general "still need run shoes, mirror, etc" fashion. It renders an important reason to explore the ice biome (finding Ice Skates) redundant for the duration. There's already so little reason to go into the ice biome (although it DOES lack tile-piercing enemies... no worms or spirits.)

Food for thought.

Last edited:
Whoa... apparently, none of the druid weapons can be reforged?

Edit: And they also don't seem to get generic combat bonuses from other gear, like Crit Chance from Lucky gear.

Last edited:
Whoa... apparently, none of the druid weapons can be reforged?

Edit: And they also don't seem to get generic combat bonuses from other gear, like Crit Chance from Lucky gear.
It's already fully reworked for the next update. They will be reforgeable and even with unique prefixes.

It's already fully reworked for the next update. They will be reforgeable and even with unique prefixes.
Very nice! I AM enjoying this stuff... I'm seeing just what I can do with the Druid... but it's great to know it's still in active development.
I feel like some of the recipes are a bit too simple for the gear, but it occurred to me that it makes the stuff easier to beta test.

Just wanted to pop in and say, I'm grateful for the long-running status of this mod, content and continuous updates. Awesome work

There is an issue with the music in the Hall of Heroes. When the track for that structure begins playing, it completely replaces other music tracks.
A couple modded biomes get their music back when you enter them, but the Hall of Heroes music begins playing again when you leave, no matter how far from the actual structure you are.

There is an issue with the music in the Hall of Heroes. When the track for that structure begins playing, it completely replaces other music tracks.
A couple modded biomes get their music back when you enter them, but the Hall of Heroes music begins playing again when you leave, no matter how far from the actual structure you are.
did you break a statue? the music plays from the knight statue, if thats destroyed stuff like that could happen

did you break a statue? the music plays from the knight statue, if thats destroyed stuff like that could happen

One of the statues had ore generate over them and broke, that might be the cause.
Fortunately closing and reopening the game entirely fixes the issue.

One of the statues had ore generate over them and broke, that might be the cause.
Fortunately closing and reopening the game entirely fixes the issue.
kinda bad ore gen if its generated on a tile that isnt even a "tile", its a statue. am i correct in saying the ore was Enchanted ore from Antiaris? that ore ive seen gen in the silliest of places

kinda bad ore gen if its generated on a tile that isnt even a "tile", its a statue. am i correct in saying the ore was Enchanted ore from Antiaris? that ore ive seen gen in the silliest of places
You would be correct, actually. Funny that it seems well known enough to pin that down.
Since this kind of thing can happen with vanilla and Chests and whatnot as well, I don't know if there is a real way around this

Hey, I have a bug. whenever i try to make a world with this mod on it gets stuck on generating mine cart tracks and wont load, Is there something im doing wrong like using another mod or wrong version?

Hey, I have a bug. whenever i try to make a world with this mod on it gets stuck on generating mine cart tracks and wont load, Is there something im doing wrong like using another mod or wrong version?
could either be another mod's fault, your computer not being good enough, or you have the wrong version? i donno, but my mod is very big and i plan to eventually separate the music into a separate mod to reduce the size

i went with robot but all i can say is you should get brief water immunity after using a teleportation potion or stuff like that cus i used one and instantly died

another idea, a strange seed bag with a random seed bag affect or something like that made from strange plants? it would make a reason beyond dye to get them

Hey, can i please have the link to download the mod? I would love to play this mod ^^
[and tbh i feel jealous of those who are able to play/download it because i can't find it qvq]

Hey, can i please have the link to download the mod? I would love to play this mod ^^
[and tbh i feel jealous of those who are able to play/download it because i can't find it qvq]
refresh the page, i forgot to add the download link, its under Latest Version Download, or its just on the mod browser

Back
Top Bottom