tModLoader Modded Sword's Handle not in characters hand (HELP!)

Inkplasm

Spazmatism
upload_2018-2-17_22-33-12.png

I'm trying to add in a sword based on the Ultima Weapon from Kingdom Hearts, but the handle appears out of the characters hand when I swing it. Anyone have any advice?

upload_2018-2-17_22-34-47.png
here's the weapon

From ExampleGun.cs:
Code:
// Help, my gun isn't being held at the handle! Adjust these 2 numbers until it looks right.
/*public override Vector2? HoldoutOffset()
{
return new Vector2(10, 0);
}*/
Add this under your class like everything else.

From ExampleGun.cs:
Code:
// Help, my gun isn't being held at the handle! Adjust these 2 numbers until it looks right.
{
}*/
thank you!

From ExampleGun.cs:
Code:
{
}*/
Is this working for melee weapon?
mine isn't working for melee, so i used different approach

Kiwi, thank you for all the sprites you’ve done for, our, my, mod. It was an honor working with you, I hope you the best on what’s going on in your life and what you do in the future. Thank you!
[doublepost=1519422210,1519421985][/doublepost]To add to that last one, may I use your dev armor as normal armor? As remeberance of you?

Kiwi, thank you for all the sprites you’ve done for, our, my, mod. It was an honor working with you, I hope you the best on what’s going on in your life and what you do in the future. Thank you!
[doublepost=1519422210,1519421985][/doublepost]To add to that last one, may I use your dev armor as normal armor? As remeberance of you?

Sure

It won't work for me. Trying very hard to figure it out, but I can't find a solution anywhere. Please help.

Update: Just resize the .png file so that way everything is at the edges. If not, you can use glow masks and draw updates. It's a little complicated, but it works.

Last edited:
Hey
hmm, but the documentation said it's only working for itemstyle=5 (which is not sword), and I can't use that in my sword.
But let's wait for @ThatOneKiwi's response, if it isn't work, i can show my workaround.
Any chance you could show that workaround? this is something I'm really struggling with. I drew a pink square around my sprite, and it seems to only be detatched only when the sword is large. HoldoutOffset and HoldoutOrigin work for type 5 attack styles like staffs and bows, but sadly not for swords.

Screen Shot 2022-01-28 at 7.46.27 AM.png

Edit: I took the photo before drawing the pink square, just btw

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom