Mobile Modding

TheTrueCow56

Skeletron
I’m a mobile player of terraria and can’t wait for more updates and content, but would it ever be possible for a beefy mobile device to get a mod like calamity? There is already adventure map support, so will there ever be modding support? (In the future).

Mods are not coming to Console or Mobile any time soon, the reason being that the owners of the platforms (Microsoft, Sony, Google, Apple etc) require all apps/games to be reviewed and tested before they are run on their platform. Some are more strict than others - even updates must be tested this way. This means that in order for you to get your mod on the platform, ReLogic/505 Games/DR Studios would have to submit the mod's code for review by each company, which is not feasible for a huge number of reasons.

Also worth noting that any PC/Mobile compatability that exists currently is NOT supported by ReLogic, and as such playing this way voids any bugs encountered and any help with technical support.

Mods are not coming to Console or Mobile any time soon, the reason being that the owners of the platforms (Microsoft, Sony, Google, Apple etc) require all apps/games to be reviewed and tested before they are run on their platform. Some are more strict than others - even updates must be tested this way. This means that in order for you to get your mod on the platform, ReLogic/505 Games/DR Studios would have to submit the mod's code for review by each company, which is not feasible for a huge number of reasons.

Also worth noting that any PC/Mobile compatability that exists currently is NOT supported by ReLogic, and as such playing this way voids any bugs encountered and any help with technical support.
But just in theory. Let's imagine someone made a modloader for the mobile version. How would the developers of the mobile version react to that (will they be for or against that)?

Dang. It would be cool if DR teamed up with like, the calamity team and officially brought it to mobile. I would even pay extra for something like that

But just in theory. Let's imagine someone made a modloader for the mobile version. How would the developers of the mobile version react to that (will they be for or against that)?
Very much against - it's a breach of terms of use of both the app and the platform itself.

Dang. It would be cool if DR teamed up with like, the calamity team and officially brought it to mobile. I would even pay extra for something like that
That would not only, mess up the mobile version in general, but Calamity goes against what ReLogic wants in the game. Along with this, Calamity completely messes up vanilla progression and can be extremely unbalanced. Besides, Calamity is still being updated and is most definitely a work in progress mod.
Or, what if it was on a third party website, like how you can get 1.3 worlds and adventure maps
It has already been stated that not only is modding support not officially supported by ReLogic, it would also still be breaking the ToS. You aren't allowed to mod mobile.

I don't understand why can't this game be modded like Minecraft and what's up with the need of this review and code you are talking about. Minecraft has tons of mods without the need of any reviews

I don't understand why can't this game be modded like Minecraft and what's up with the need of this review and code you are talking about. Minecraft has tons of mods without the need of any reviews
Minecraft is owned by Microsoft - they have 100x the industry clout than ReLogic so can make deals to support things like this, whereas ReLogic cannot.

Minecraft is owned by Microsoft - they have 100x the industry clout than ReLogic so can make deals to support things like this, whereas ReLogic cannot.
Along with that, when modding was first popularized, Microsoft didn't have possession over it, and modding (in Java) still isn't officially supported.

Back
Top Bottom