Weapons & Equip Modifications to the Amazon Yoyo

Pikadex

Skeletron Prime
Oh, the Amazon. It's a great weapon early on, but in my opinion, it's too powerful, in relation to how easy it is to get. Here it is:

Amazon.png

20 melee damage
4% critical strike chance
Fast speed
Weak knockback
Crafted with: 8x Rich Mahogany, 2x Stingers, 1x Vine, 3x Jungle Spore
The only part here that really concerns me is the damage, which is 20, and the recipe. That is a very easy item to get, and it does a significant amount of damage for that, equivalent to the
Blood Butcherer. As well, it does more damage than the Malaise and the Artery. Too expensive. In my opinion, either the recipe of the Amazon Yoyo needs to be more expensive, or the Malaise and Artery need to be buffed while the Amazon is nerfed. Perhaps the Amazon could use something from the Queen Bee? I'm not good with balancing things, so I'll just leave this up for discussion. Please, take this into consideration.

If you support this, you can like the post or - more importantly - leave a reply. :)

EDIT 1: Well, it seems like it's not the tier of the Amazon that needs to change, but rather the recipe. So, with the help of Mebybemn and SnailsAttack (thanks), I'm suggesting a new recipe:
12x Rich Mahogany, 7x Jungle Spore, 5x Stinger, 1x Vine and 4x Bee Wax
Bee Wax is there solely to make it a bit more difficult to obtain. As well, people seem to want the Amazon to cause the Poisoned debuff. I believe that, similar to the Blade of Grass, the chance of the effect should be 25%.

Last edited:
I think it would be neat if the Amazon had a small chance to cause poison actually.
[DOUBLEPOST=1436253033,1436252996][/DOUBLEPOST]
jungle is supposed to be higher tier than corrupt/crimson, so yeah...
Lol I didn't know that till now XD

Last edited:
How about x12 Mahogany, x5 Stingers, x1 Vine, x7 Jungle Spores?

Edit: And a Poison effect (yoyos need more special effects)

How about x12 Mahogany, x5 Stingers, x1 Vine, x7 Jungle Spores?

Edit: And a Poison effect (yoyos need more special effects)
Hmm...
I was thinking of adding Bee Wax into the recipe, which was also stated by SnailsAttack. I'll probably add this recipe in, along with a bit of Bee Wax, since that's still a bit easy.

Oh, and the poison effect, too.

Not only that, it also makes the items it uses to craft to sell for a very big proffit. Now the Jungle Hat is no longer the best option for Jungle Spores, but the Amazon is now

Ok then, let's nerf the Blade of Grass because you can get it very early and all you need is Jungle stuff.
So does Jungle Armor, nerf it and make the crafting recipe use Ectoplasm. It's too OP for a jungle-tiered item.
And the Ivy Hook, too.

In every playthrough, I rush the Jungle tier immediately. It's difficult, but it's so very rewarding and satisfying to get really strong items early on.
The Jungle is a big element of strategy in Terraria, I'd love it if it was kept that way.

Some people, like me, get Amazon after killing Queen Bee (but then again, you can defeat her before EoW/BoC). So, I think we should leave it in it's current state

Well, i hate to point this out, as i agree the amazon is quite easy to get, but yrimir used the jungle in his WoF speedrun (pre 1.3,but still) so the jungle itself can be used to rush if you have the skill

I think the code 1 needs nerfing, not the amazon
I've never had it, so I can't say I agree nor can I disagree, though with it costing only 5 gold to buy and dealing more damage, I'd have to agree with the first part of your statement. The amazon needs nerfing, too.
The Code 1 should become a bit more expensive for sure, and perhaps a little bit nerfed in its stats.

You ignored these posts.
Ok then, let's nerf the Blade of Grass because you can get it very early and all you need is Jungle stuff.
So does Jungle Armor, nerf it and make the crafting recipe use Ectoplasm. It's too OP for a jungle-tiered item.

And the Ivy Hook, too.

In every playthrough, I rush the Jungle tier immediately. It's difficult, but it's so very rewarding and satisfying to get really strong items early on.
The Jungle is a big element of strategy in Terraria, I'd love it if it was kept that way.

Back
Top Bottom