1. Encountering issues with the Localization/Translations with 1.3.5? Please report them via the section linked below so that we can account for all of them and have them addressed. Thanks! Localization Bugs & Issues Section
  2. We have hub threads for known bugs/issues and statuses of fixes for Mobile, 3DS, and Console platforms (UPDATED):
    Click here for Mobile
    Click here for 3DS
    Click here for PS3/PS4/PS Vita/XBox 360/XBox One

Modifiers for "The" Weapons

Discussion in 'Game Mechanics' started by SzGamer227, Sep 29, 2014.

1. SzGamer227

SzGamer227 Spazmatism

Prefixes have a problem with any item that starts with the word "The." All I ask is that you invest a little bit of time to make the prefix appear after the "The."

These are the items with this problem:
    • The Axe
    • The Breaker
    • The Horseman's Blade
    • The Meatball
    • The Plan
    • The Rotted Fork
    • The Undertaker
    If there is some way of changing 'Legendary The Axe,' 'Godly The Meatball,' and 'Unreal The Undertaker' to be called 'The Legendary Axe,' 'The Godly Meatball,' and 'The Unreal Undertaker,' as well as fix all of their grammatically confused cousins, that would be awesome.

• Legendary - The Axe
    • (Legendary) The Axe
    • The Axe - Legendary
    • The Axe (Legendary)
    • The Axe: Legenday
    ...and so on.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2015
    Olivempa, ManaUser, layman9 and 25 others like this.
  2. Uzume Tennouboshi

Uzume Tennouboshi Terrarian

Nice, definitely needs to be added.

But I still want my lucky lucky coin :p

3. SzGamer227

SzGamer227 Spazmatism

You can have it. As long as it isn't Lucky The Lucky Coin, it's safe. ;)

Davriel and Uzume Tennouboshi like this.
  4. stormconure

stormconure Spazmatism

There was actually something on the wiki saying this was a bug. Thanks so much for bringing it to the devs' attention.

SzGamer227 likes this.
  5. SzGamer227

SzGamer227 Spazmatism

Well, I think it's more of an oversight, tbh. They didn't make a mistake when coding it, they just didn't think to code it in the first place.

6. Suweeka

Suweeka The One and Oni

Yup, it's an oversight and a reasonable one. For one I believe it would be a huge inconvenience to revamp the names to make 'Legendary The Axe' into 'The Legendary Axe', as the 'The' would be a separate value from the 'Axe'. As I'm not a coder, however, my opinion regarding whether it truly is a huge inconvenience shouldn't be much of value to anyone :p

One other fix I know is simply removing the 'The' from everything to make it 'Legendary Axe'. However it doesn't seem as 'oomph'ey without the 'The'. Man, the rewards and consequences.

Persecutor, Dragrath and SzGamer227 like this.
  7. Support except the undertaker one because like unreal the undertaker sounds :red:ing badass

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2015
  8. MinerTurtle45

MinerTurtle45 Dungeon Spirit

Support. This has already been in the console version, so why isn't it in the PC version?

LuckyMax5 likes this.
  9. Youfad

Youfad Skeletron Prime

It does annoy me, but it is very funny.

10. Suweeka

Suweeka The One and Oni

Mainly because the problem was already present when they translated the code to fit the consoles. I'm fairly certain that having to rummage through existing code to fix a trivial problem is a lot tougher than simply writing an already fixed code.

It's unlikely to happen until they've nailed down more important features and fixed known higher priority bugs.

11. Pixel

Pixel Terrarian

Yeah, this would definitely be good too have.

12. Some reason I feeling to not support this anymore because some of them sound boss that way.

13. SzGamer227

SzGamer227 Spazmatism

Interesting thing about that. More the you do that, harder the sentences become to read, and less the meaning of them is understood.

I don't see how that was any bosser than speaking proper English. :p Imo, improper the grammar just sounds dumb.

Baconfry likes this.
  14. SilverBird

SilverBird Skeletron Prime

"Damaged The Horseman's Blade"
    YOU DAMAGED THE HORSEMAN'S BLADE? WHY? NOW HE'S GONNA COME BACK AND TAKE OUR HEADS!
    [​IMG]

15. Lord Ruby

Lord Ruby Terrarian

I'm going to repeat what I said on TO.

Don't change it to 'The Legendary Breaker' etc., that would remove the emphasis on the 'the' part of the original name, it completely removes the uniqueness the word 'the' implies.

I would much rather have it change to 'Legendary - The Breaker', it sounds much better and seperating the words like that should be proper english.

58 and Suweeka like this.
  16. SzGamer227

SzGamer227 Spazmatism

Funny thing about that. I actually got decapitated 3 Pumpkin Moons in a row by Headless Horseman. Vindictive little buggers.

True story.

LuckyMax5 likes this.
  17. SilverBird

SilverBird Skeletron Prime

They have the most hp out of any non-boss mob, even the dungeon guardian (that has 1 hp less than them XD)

18. rapid the undertaker sounds badass

19. 6359_

6359_ Skeletron

Nooo, I love my Legendary The Axe... :(

20. ppowersteef

ppowersteef Paladin

according to @rangerofthewest, This is just this code that needs to be added
    Also, I'll support this too

rangerofthewest likes this.