NPCs & Enemies Modify the Mechanical bosses

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think these bosses are easier if we have Adamantite/Titanium/Hallowed Armour's and a good weapon with a high damage per second (like the Fetid Baghnakhs)

Last edited:
With palladium tier armor I easily beat these guys! A nerf isn’t nessecary. If you are having trouble defeating a boss, simply get help from a friend, or look up tips.

With palladium tier armor I easily beat these guys! A nerf isn’t nessecary. If you are having trouble defeating a boss, simply get help from a friend, or look up tips.
I tried to kill them with Palladium Equipment but they killed me FAST!!!!

Also it says I need help from friend? I commonly play Single Player! (because Pedguin's survival is rarely online)

Heh. Are you trying to kill these guys with a Night's Edge and Molten Armor?
Get your Minishark, some Adamantium/Titanium armor, and some Crystal Bullets and you're set. If you're using Melee use a spear or a yo-yo. If you're going Mage use Crystal Storm.

I'm sorry, I can't take this post seriously.
1. Why are you complaining that these bosses are too difficult, when you could easily choose normal mode over expert mode? Even then they are still balanced, and can be fought with appropriate armor, accessories, and sufficient preparation.
2. Why 60,000 health? the Destroyer has multiple segments, all of which can be hit multiple times by an AOE weapon or one with piercing capabilities; he is by FAR the easiest boss to hit, his lasers don't deal an overwhelming amount of damage, and has the largest hitbox of the three.
3. I find it absurd that you would want to increase their spawn rate if you think they are too difficult.

Please, think before you post, if you don't provide plausible or substantial evidence, I doubt the devs would care less (even the best and most thoroughly developed suggestions weren't taken into consideration). I can understand your struggle but I do believe it is a bit selfish to ask the devs to change the game mechanics for your own desires when it has been tweaked numerous times to fit the skill level of the general populace- they are not ridiculously overpowered, and if there was no difficulty whatsoever then there would be no game.

Last edited:
One should not have an entire game changed for the sake of themselves. Would you want your perfectly cooked steak that everyone else likes in the same style burnt because one man doesn't like it?

I prove that Skeletron Prime and the Twins (I defeated Retina at first) are easier than that Destroyer, because I use a Daedalus Bow with a good arrow pack (I keep reloading Ichor arrows in fighting Twins) and an Amarok sometimes combined with the Yo-Yo Bag

These bosses are really dangerous, even in Expert Mode because they are too op

The_Destroyer.png

First off this moron.. The Destroyer

He's the 1st on the list of dangers

His health shall be modified to 60000, to make it easier.
It must be immune to most debuffs, not all debuffs
He is shooting lasers from its "eyes", and it does despawn when you die (all players)

Skeletron_Prime.png

Then that baddie, Skeletron Prime

Not even the infamous copper shortsword handles a very op monster

His saw is really dangerous, can kill you really easily, just modify it

Then the End Boss of the mechs:

The_Twins.png

Spazmatism and Retinazer (aka the Twins)

They possess an evil danger, the Spazmatism would be a powerful version of the Eye of Cthulhu, attacks with Cursed Flames, and its brother, Retinazer, is shooting lasers

Why you made Spazmatism shoot Cursed Flames even in Crimson? It must be insane

Spazmatism must shoot an Ichor spit in Crimson worlds

For all bosses:

Raise the spawn chance to 20 per cent chance
The mech bosses are hard, yes, but that's the point. What's the fun in a boss that's too easy? Expert Mode is also designed for experienced players. It is meant to be difficult. So I would just recommend getting good at the game.

I will suggest that there are in fact "killer thrillers" per boss, should you pick it up.

Usually when I start hardmode, even on an Expert world, I never spawn any of the three bosses until I can get a good basic arena started with a couple of weapons of choice per boss.

My order of boss fights usually go in the following order.

Destroyer - Easiest of the 3
Skeletron Prime - Slightly more difficult, and the fight lasts much longer depending on dealing with his arms or not.
The Twins - The most obnoxious of the three, but on par with Skeletron Prime in terms of difficulty.

I usually have specific weapons to target kill Destroyer in 5 minutes for my first kill. Namely the Nimbus Rod is the strongest first weapon to start with, and another weapon(night's edge works here, or a cutlass) to deal with the probes.

I use ranged gear to fight Skeletron Prime and The Twins. I use the Megashark and I have wings at this point for better mobility. Crystal Bullets are preferred for multiple hits.

Also if you have difficulty getting or venturing for the Hardmode Ore(or the metal you're looking for didn't spawn in your world), you can always fish for crates in any biome of choice for the chance of getting some.

All-in all, I think I like the idea of having one of the eye's spitting out Ichor, making the fight tougher, having a new direction with a Crimson world. Maybe the new eye can resemble similarities to the ones brought with the Brain of Cthulhu, and have a chance to drop Tissue Samples on death?

I don't think you're making a good case for changing the Mech bosses. Destroyer is easy because his maneuverability sucks and the Cross Necklace nerfs the lasers. The other two can be beaten with arenas -- a shelter or two with the Nurse,and a skytrack or skybridge, make a lot of difference. They are tough bosses the first time, but that's how its supposed to be -- there are tougher bosses coming along later.

"Nerf Destroyer to 60000 health"
He used to have that much health. They Buffed it to 80000 because destroyer was too UP. And in Expert he has 120000 health, which I'm assuming is the thing you want to nerf to 60000, making him be super easy. The only thing I can say is get good

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom