Other Mods for console and mobile

Do you think Mods would be great for PE and console

• Total voters
Well like how Bethesda did mods if they built it in then it would be required which is why console won't use tmodloader unless required.
Bethesda do mods, in a way that doesn't require modifying the game's code. They use a script language with severe limitations running in a sandbox environment. The script language can't be used to break out of it. Also, Sony doesn't allow usermade models/textures (they fear it can be used to inject and run unauthorised code). MS do allow that, but they probably have better security measures in place.

Also making mods like Calamity for a version of Terraria that has similar mod support as Bethesda games have, would be impossible.

If so then they could do the same thing how on Xbox the have insider it could change your Terraria. Minecraft for example you can only play with people in the same group as you if you could then they could make people with the same mods be able to play together and have it different.

Did you read this?
No, there will never be mods the way tML do things on console or mobile. The platform owners will never allow it, as it would enable hackers to run their own code. It would only be a matter of time before security is broken. And that would kill the platform, at least console anyway (mobile might still survive).
They will never allow anyone, insider or not, to run untrusted code. For the console makers, it's about their survival.

I know a lot of people have requested this but i thought i might too, if anyone has played fallout 4, you would know they support mods on console. Althought they only have certain ones as it was a high demand after the release of fallout new vegas. so it would be spectacular if terraria had an option to enable mods, calamity, thorium and tremor would be a great example if they were somehow released into the game?

Edit: Also an option for texture packs too, could be another option along with mods.

I know a lot of people have requested this but i thought i might too, if anyone has played fallout 4, you would know they support mods on console. Althought they only have certain ones as it was a high demand after the release of fallout new vegas. so it would be spectacular if terraria had an option to enable mods, calamity, thorium and tremor would be a great example if they were somehow released into the game?

Edit: Also an option for texture packs too, could be another option along with mods.
Hi @Krystalkieran711, I moved your post into this existing thread for the same topic. You can browse the other posts here to see what’s already been said.

For others - I also moved other “mods for console/mobile” posts here. We didn’t really need multiple. :)

They should add a t mod loader as a free add on to Consol version of terraria for 1.14 and with the next generation of them it could happen

They should add a t mod loader as a free add on to Consol version of terraria for 1.14 and with the next generation of them it could happen
Hi @Beffzaz, I’ve moved your post (and any replies) to this already existing thread for the same topic.

They have strict policies about this. You can read more about it here:

With the last upcoming update, journey's end, I think that the fate of terraria rests on not only the update but also if we can get some kind of mod into the game because it there was a possibility that the game had mods, terraria's popularity would rise back to its peak and the game its self would survive for a very long time, but.. I don't really think there could be mods for console version of terraria because if you wanted a mod like calamity, you would need to pursuade the author of the mod to make a xbox port of calamity meaning that they would have to make a poor version of it and I doubt they would want that, but it's been a very long time and I don't think there is any news on if their is gonna be mods or not, so for console players that want mods, you just have to wait and see if they do release something, but for now, you gotta have a pc to work mods

Although I would love to see this myself, TModLoader, which runs most mods, isn’t available on those specific platforms. These platforms are also much more restrictive with what can be added to other games, and many don’t even allow mods to be installed. I do agree that it would be nice to have mods on these, but I don’t think it’s that likely that we’ll ever see them.
Imagine if the tModLoader team was hired on as permanent developers for tModLoader that is then turned into an internal mod browser akin to Skyrim Special Edition/Fallout 4 for console

Back
Top Bottom