• PC NEWS: 1.4.2.3 update is out! More info here. Report bugs here
  • CONSOLE 1.4 LAUNCHES SEP 30: The official launch date for Journey's End to arrive on Xbox and PlayStation is September 30th! Click here for more info. The plan is to have the update on Switch out later this year. Stay up to date with console news here.
  • MOBILE NEWS: Stay up to date with the latest mobile news here. Report mobile bugs here

Console Mods for Console Terarria When?

Which would you prefer to be add ons for switch?

• Calamity

Votes: 30 85.7%
  • Thorium

Votes: 5 14.3%

• Total voters

Tichnarr

Terrarian
Just a question, all you who develop/update Terarria. I'd love to see this (or at least a 'creative mode' of sorts) in the future!

Last edited by a moderator:

Unit One

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Just a question, all you who develop/update Terarria. I'd love to see this (or at least a 'creative mode' of sorts) in the future!
It's doubtful @Tichnarr. Modding and texture packs for console and mobile is not something that is currently supported.

You can read more about 505 Games' viewpoint regarding editing the core files and modifying the core game content here: Official 505Games Policy Regarding Console/Mobile Hacking

Given that policy I don't see modding coming to console any time soon.

Oleg34518

Official Terrarian
Just what 505 Games said, they don't allow console mods, I don't think mod support will ever come to consoles as it will allow players to cheese achievements/trophies.

Tichnarr

Terrarian
If not mod support, perhaps a mode where you can bring up a menu for all the items in the game? But disable trophies for any world items from the menu/crafted using items from the menu/etc.

Maybe that if not modding?

Hybridizm

Terrarian
Just what 505 Games said, they don't allow console mods, I don't think mod support will ever come to consoles as it will allow players to cheese achievements/trophies.

Well, it could be done in a manner that doesn't allow trophies to be earned whilst playing.

Skyrim does this if I recall.

Anyway, not likely to happen as mentioned above.

salad_den

Skeletron Prime
Well, it could be done in a manner that doesn't allow trophies to be earned whilst playing.

Skyrim does this if I recall.

Anyway, not likely to happen as mentioned above.
any current gen Bethesda game does that when it it only single player (ect. Fallout 4)

aamir kashmiri

Terrarian
does anyone know when mod support for consoles will ever come out also if that doesn't come out when does downloadable worlds come out

Unit One

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
does anyone know when mod support for consoles will ever come out also if that doesn't come out when does downloadable worlds come out
Not sure @aamir kashmiri. There aren't many games that have mods available on console and it's not easy. Not even PC Terraria has official mod support so it could be awhile for console mod support if it ever comes.

Skrtaron

Terrarian
How about for consoles instead of mod support add DLC's for Thorium and/or Calamity. It wouldnt take years to develop considering all textures and coding are already created.

You're better off with getting the PC version if you want mods. Game companies are powerfully against modding of any kind hardware or software.

RR8RedRiderYT

Official Terrarian
How about for consoles instead of mod support add DLC's for Thorium and/or Calamity. It wouldnt take years to develop considering all textures and coding are already created.
They should.... I mean it would be fair for the console players.... All they would have to do is copy the coding and textures into the DLC database.

Top Bottom