Hot Topic Will Console/Mobile Terraria get MODS or TEXTURE PACKS?

you can always disable achievements for all players on the server and if you bring an item to another world you can just have it disappear while the player is in that non modded world

you can always disable achievements for all players on the server and if you bring an item to another world you can just have it disappear while the player is in that non modded world
It's not balancing reasons or confliction reasons why this won't happen, it's because the big companies are butthurt about this kind of thing and don't understand it.

and that means
Sony and Microsoft don't like modding because it means you're downloading files they haven't approved (and they apparently are far too marvelous to approve mods.). Apple is even more so.

Nintendo just doesn't like people coding content for their IPs to the point that they'll copyright strike fangames (yes, you heard that right, :red:ing FANGAMES, which are less irritating to big companies than mods) that are on consoles they DON'T EVEN OWN (R.I.P. AM2R and Pokemon Uranium.) Mods for any game on their platform just isn't going to happen.

Hello every devs, and hi the community, i just want to ask something, why, in console version, you doesn’t add some famous mod like Throrium or Calamity, in an Add-content, free or not, that we can download to have a new beginning at the end of the vanilla game ?

Because Microsoft, Sony and Nintendo don't allow modding on their platforms.

Mods like Thorium and Calamity don't belong to Re-Logic, they belong to their respective owners (the mod content only).

First off I don't know if this goes here but are mods possible on terraria console? I play xbox one and other games have mods on them. Also I'm confident that people have already asked this but i'd like to ask anyway. I heard about calamity and really want to play it on console.

Mods, unfortunately, are not possible on consoles. They require the platform you use to be capable of downloading outside software. Calamity Mod is external, and is created by individual developers that are not certified by Re-Logic. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. Incidentally, what games were you playing that have mods?

Mods, unfortunately, are not possible on consoles. They require the platform you use to be capable of downloading outside software. Unless the XBox is Jailbroken, it can't happen. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.
Dang, its alright

Mods, unfortunately, are not possible on consoles. They require the platform you use to be capable of downloading outside software. Calamity Mod is external, and is created by individual developers that are not certified by Re-Logic. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. Incidentally, what games were you playing that have mods?
I was playing Skyrim and Fallout.

More importantly actually, 505, the company that publishes the console and mobile versions, do not support the concept of mods. They think the essence of the game gets lost with it. 505, even as an indie publisher, should be influential enough to get mods on console Terraria. The problem is really just their policies.

Would it be possible that mods in switch would be introduced as dlcs of sorts or add ons if you will since it MAY be possible but that is a big IF it is possible what would be your thoughts on this?

Back
Top Bottom