• PC NEWS: 1.4.2.3 update is out! More info here. Report bugs here
  • CONSOLE 1.4 LAUNCHES SEP 30: The official launch date for Journey's End to arrive on Xbox and PlayStation is September 30th! Click here for more info. The plan is to have the update on Switch out later this year. Stay up to date with console news here.
  • MOBILE NEWS: Stay up to date with the latest mobile news here. Report mobile bugs here

Console Mods for Console Terarria When?

Which would you prefer to be add ons for switch?

• Calamity

Votes: 30 85.7%
  • Thorium

Votes: 5 14.3%

• Total voters

salad_den

Skeletron Prime
Bethesda's Fallout 4 and Skyrim feel like purely an exception and not a standard or example that Microsoft, Sony and game devs should be following.

TheExoblade

The Destroyer
It's a shame that terraria don't let tmodloader coming to the consoles(ps4/ps5/Xbox) in the coming update "journey ends" but allows play cross platform the biggest companies need to learn from games like skyrim the mod browser only will make the game more popular on the consoles.
Its impossible because Console/Mobile hacking

Unit One

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
If there would be a way to mod on console, would there be tmod loader or a different type of software we could use for it.
It's a shame that terraria don't let tmodloader coming to the consoles(ps4/ps5/Xbox) in the coming update "journey ends" but allows play cross platform the biggest companies need to learn from games like skyrim the mod browser only will make the game more popular on the consoles.
Hi @MatanB and @salableyew2 I moved your post (and any replies) into this already existing thread since it has a very similar topic (mods on console).

Sun God Ra

Terrarian
Hi fellow Terrarians!
I don’t understand the logic behind not including a mod loader on terraria console. It’s not like Microsoft is against mods, just look at the Betsheda games. Fallout and elder scrolls have mod support. Even on console.
I also run mods on Minecraft on my Xbox series x.
So the argument that Microsoft don’t allow it is without merit.
Please fix your mod support for console so we can join in on the fun as well.

Unit One

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hi fellow Terrarians!
I don’t understand the logic behind not including a mod loader on terraria console. It’s not like Microsoft is against mods, just look at the Betsheda games. Fallout and elder scrolls have mod support. Even on console.
I also run mods on Minecraft on my Xbox series x.
So the argument that Microsoft don’t allow it is without merit.
Please fix your mod support for console so we can join in on the fun as well.
Hi @Sun God Ra I moved your post into this already existing thread since it has a very similar topic (mods on console).

In the Terraria State of the Game - August 2021 Loki from Re-Logic mentioned this...
”Also, tModLoader isn't even developed by us. It is still under development for 1.4 PC as well.

I cannot and will not make any promises that the TML Team would even want to try to make all of that work beyond PC - and beyond that, you would have to get every single mod you wanted on consoles approved. Consoles and Mobile are not the wild west in regards to modding like PC is.

All of this being more reasons why I say - it is very unlikely you will ever see full modding outside of PC, but I never say never.”

Zallaraxium

Official Terrarian
NO, do you realize how much the game would be bloated if you had ALL of that installed? Just NO. I don't think you comprehend how much content and lack of complete disregard for balance that combination has.
Yeah, thats understandable, Ive played with those mods before, Calamity especially is really OP in terms of vanilla progression even though it's a tough old mod to beat, plus my worries would be the strain it would put on the consoles themselves as well. As nice and the prospect would be of being able to play modded Terraria on console, I wouldn't get my hopes up.

Last edited:
Top Bottom