Hot Topic Will Console/Mobile Terraria get MODS or TEXTURE PACKS?

A lot of wishful thinking in this thread. Frankly It's getting a bit sad.

There will never be mods in Terraria on console (the way tML do things) for one simple reason; the console manufacturers will never allow it.

Why you ask? tML mods modifies Terraria's code directly, giving the mod developers the power to do absolutely anything. If they wish to :red: up your computer, they can.

The console manufacturers will never allow unauthorized code (mods) to run on their consoles. If they do it's only a matter of time before hackers will break the security systems. If that happens, the platform is dead. Game developers will stop making games for that platform. It has already happened before. Nintendo no longer makes the 3DS because of this.

But what about Bethesda? Bethesda do mods completely differently. First, mods run in a sandbox environment. Second, the only coding allowed requires using a scripting language with very limited capabilities. It can't be used to break out of the sandbox. Third, Sony doesn't allow mods to use custom models/textures (as that could be used to inject and run unauthorized code). MS do allow this, probably because they have more confidence in their security measures.

But what about Minecraft? MS gets to break their own rules. Also, everything is authorized by them as they are the developer.
But we have official mod support now in 1.4

But we have official mod support now in 1.4
That doesn't resolve anything. Mods can still be dangerous for consoles.

Remember, it's an "official" mod support, for an "unofficial" mod launcher. It's not like whether it's official or not will change anything.

That doesn't resolve anything. Mods can still be dangerous for consoles.

Remember, it's an "official" mod support, for an "unofficial" mod launcher. It's not like whether it's official or not will change anything.
Oh. I’m stupid. Sorry

Whether or not there's "official" support for mods doesn't really matter as Re-Logic has no say in this. The console manufacturers forbid mods (for reasons I stated earlier), so there won't be any mods in console Terraria.

hey everyone i start this thread as a question and the reason why because i would want to know if pipeworks and re logic would add mods to console? also super new to the forums and im still navigating the site

hey everyone i start this thread as a question and the reason why because i would want to know if pipeworks and re logic would add mods to console? also super new to the forums and im still navigating the site
Hi there gage, welcome to the forums. :)

I moved your post here to an already existing thread for the same topic. You can browse through the other posts in this thread to see what others are saying. Pipeworks has no plans to add mods to console, sorry.

Hi there gage, welcome to the forums. :)

I moved your post here to an already existing thread for the same topic. You can browse through the other posts in this thread to see what others are saying. Pipeworks has no plans to add mods to console, sorry.
thanks for introduction and i was trying to find the thread so thanks

This is just a yes or no question it's just mods are gonna be the future for Terraria and if your gonna entirely block Mobile, Ps4, Xbox one, Switch, and future consoles from the future, that will be kinda strange.

This is just a yes or no question it's just mods are gonna be the future for Terraria and if your gonna entirely block Mobile, Ps4, Xbox one, Switch, and future consoles from the future, that will be kinda strange.
Hi @Cthulhu6758, I moved your post here to an already existing thread for the same topic. You can browse through the other posts in this thread to see what others are saying. There are no plans to add mods to console, sorry.

Even though you could just add an add-on in the store of the device with certain mods I guess that's impossible even though it's really simple, and they changed the people working on it. So any posts from Pipework means nothing

Back
Top Bottom