Hot Topic Will Console/Mobile Terraria get MODS or TEXTURE PACKS?

Hi @Cthulhu6758, I moved your post here to an already existing thread for the same topic. You can browse through the other posts in this thread to see what others are saying. There are no plans to add mods to console, sorry.
Yeah but add-on's aren't banned on those devices. Make a add-on in the store of the thing for free and then console has mods. It should also have a select few of mods, like calamity and ancients awakened. Also, the company designing the ports switched, so anything Pipeworks says is false.

Yeah but add-on's aren't banned on those devices. Make a add-on in the store of the thing for free and then console has mods. It should also have a select few of mods, like calamity and ancients awakened. Also, the company designing the ports switched, so anything Pipeworks says is false.
Please see my post in your latest thread.

just do it the same way that console minecraft does it, or take the most popular ones and release them as free (or paid) dlc!

There are more obstacles that Terraria faces compared to Minecraft when it comes to adding mods.

For one, Microsoft which owns Minecraft also owns the Xbox One Console that Minecraft can be played on aside from the other platforms. They are a far bigger company than Re-Logic and have the resources to invest in mods for console.

Re-Logic is made up of about a dozen people and does not have the same amount of resources or time to invest in mods the way they can for Minecraft.

Just throwing it out there that it isn't a simple process. There's the factor of the mod creator, Re-Logic, and Microsoft/Sony/Nintendo all needing to arrange for the ability to release a mod on console ontop of testing which Re-Logic is unable to tackle outside the vanilla game.

There are more obstacles that Terraria faces compared to Minecraft when it comes to adding mods.

For one, Microsoft which owns Minecraft also owns the Xbox One Console that Minecraft can be played on aside from the other platforms. They are a far bigger company than Re-Logic and have the resources to invest in mods for console.

Re-Logic is made up of about a dozen people and does not have the same amount of resources or time to invest in mods the way they can for Minecraft.

Just throwing it out there that it isn't a simple process. There's the factor of the mod creator, Re-Logic, and Microsoft/Sony/Nintendo all needing to arrange for the ability to release a mod on console on top of testing which Re-Logic is unable to tackle outside the vanilla game.
Ah... i knew about the fact that re-logic is small, which makes terraria even better! but yeah.

@Unit One is there any possibility that there will be nods on nintendo switch, because I don't want to buy a pc :D, I really want to play mods
Loki has already answered a very similar question: Terraria State of the Game - January 2021

Read the entirety of Loki’s post, but part of the message includes, “there is precious small chance to get modding going on all other platforms” and “Modded = PC Only, barring some future state where that changes.”

@Unit One is there any possibility that there will be nods on nintendo switch, because I don't want to buy a pc :D, I really want to play mods
while discussing the act of homebrewing for consoles would be off topic and might violate the forums TOS, the current only way you could ever possibly see mods for terraria is through the homebrew scene (hacking your switch to allow unauthorized applications / unsigned code to run on the system) and that is something pretty risky to do and is a legally grey area and would break the EULA (End User License Agreement) you "agreed" to when buying your switch.
I will stand against homebrewing here as this is a serious and risky thing to do to a 300+ device which requires a rigorous understanding of the consequences and prosses of such an action. Doing that just so you can play mods (which would have to be custom built for the switch version anyway) is too much risk for that one reward.

while discussing the act of homebrewing for consoles would be off topic and might violate the forums TOS, the current only way you could ever possibly see mods for terraria is through the homebrew scene (hacking your switch to allow unauthorized applications / unsigned code to run on the system) and that is something pretty risky to do and is a legally grey area and would break the EULA (End User License Agreement) you "agreed" to when buying your switch.
I will stand against homebrewing here as this is a serious and risky thing to do to a 300+ device which requires a rigorous understanding of the consequences and prosses of such an action. Doing that just so you can play mods (which would have to be custom built for the switch version anyway) is too much risk for that one reward.
I was asking and admin of there was any chance. So I don't think discussing it breaks the rules

I'm sure you know what I mean like how in fallout 4,Skyrim ,ect... They have a mod installer in them,like a hub.It will make it a larger game but not much unless you install everything.I'm sure you can do that,or publish free DLCs,for only big mods of course. Maybe an option would be to ask Microsoft,because I would hate for it to be cross platform and not have mods,you know?Also there are already mods for android "they come with free viruses too."

I'm sure you know what I mean like how in fallout 4,Skyrim ,ect... They have a mod installer in them,like a hub.It will make it a larger game but not much unless you install everything.I'm sure you can do that,or publish free DLCs,for only big mods of course. Maybe an option would be to ask Microsoft,because I would hate for it to be cross platform and not have mods,you know?Also there are already mods for android "they come with free viruses too."
Hi there @Will man I moved your post into this already existing thread for a very similar topic.

NO, do you realize how much the game would be bloated if you had ALL of that installed? Just NO. I don't think you comprehend how much content and lack of complete disregard for balance that combination has.
Oh yeah, ive got most of that stuff installed and more and I love playing it personally. I use 64 bit tmod btw

Back
Top Bottom