Hot Topic Will Console/Mobile Terraria get MODS or TEXTURE PACKS?

If there would be a way to mod on console, would there be tmod loader or a different type of software we could use for it.

It's going to be super complicated as your going to first get homebrew running and then probably do everything else yourself as I have no knowledge of existing modding efforts for any port of terraria

Even if you can homebrew your console (you shouldn’t) you would have to find a way to pull mods from the internet and allow your game to appropriately read and apply them. Such files do not exist because no one bothers to make them.

If there were to be a way of modding on console Terraria, it would have to be part of the app itself - in the same way that FO4 or ESV:Skyrim do.

However, getting permission from Sony/Microsoft is very unlikely and any modding that they might allow would be very restricted. For example, both those games do not allow mods to add new assets (graphics, sound, models etc), only modify ones that already exist in them. So you could modify a 10mm pistol that already exists in the game to fire mininukes in FO4, but you couldn't make an entirely new weapon with new models and graphics.

Homebrew is strictly forbidden by Sony (and I assume Microsoft - never had a XBox so I'm not sure) and having a modified PS4 will likely result in getting hit with the Ban Hammer and your console being network banned. I'm pretty sure discussing console homebrewing isn't allowed on this forum so the less said the better.

In short - unless the developers reach a deal with MS/Sony it won't happen, and even if it does it wouldn't be the same as PC.

It's a shame that terraria don't let tmodloader coming to the consoles(ps4/ps5/Xbox) in the coming update "journey ends" but allows play cross platform the biggest companies need to learn from games like skyrim the mod browser only will make the game more popular on the consoles.

Bethesda's Fallout 4 and Skyrim feel like purely an exception and not a standard or example that Microsoft, Sony and game devs should be following.

It's a shame that terraria don't let tmodloader coming to the consoles(ps4/ps5/Xbox) in the coming update "journey ends" but allows play cross platform the biggest companies need to learn from games like skyrim the mod browser only will make the game more popular on the consoles.
Its impossible because Console/Mobile hacking

If there would be a way to mod on console, would there be tmod loader or a different type of software we could use for it.
Hi @MatanB and @salableyew2 I moved your post (and any replies) into this already existing thread since it has a very similar topic (mods on console).

Mods are not coming to Console or Mobile any time soon, the reason being that the owners of the platforms (Microsoft, Sony, Google, Apple etc) require all apps/games to be reviewed and tested before they are run on their platform. Some are more strict than others - even updates must be tested this way. This means that in order for you to get your mod on the platform, ReLogic/505 Games/DR Studios would have to submit the mod's code for review by each company, which is not feasible for a huge number of reasons.

The only exceptions are for inhouse games made by the platform's developers, or huge AAA games that have their own agreements with the platform owners that Terraria simply doesn't have access to.

I am on ps4 terraria and I was wondering when 1.4 comes out, how will tmodloader work? will there even be a tmodloader? Because I want to fight all the calamity mod bosses.
Also, just saying but btw I would like Terraria on console to be exactly the same, I mean like update wise I don't see how it is fare to just have one platform that lets you do everything and all the others are like not as much. But yeah hopefully some of you read it if you could get back to me that would be GREAT :)
kind regards
-PetieBoi

Back
Top Bottom