• For issues you find with the Switch and Console releases, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to Pipeworks and get a hotfix in the works.
  • For issues you find with the Mobile 1.3 update, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to DR Studios to look at your issue. Also, some troubleshooting hints here.

Console Mods for Console Terarria (XB1/PS4) When?

Tichnarr

Terrarian
Just a question, all you who develop/update Terarria. I'd love to see this (or at least a 'creative mode' of sorts) in the future!

Unit One

Staff member
Just a question, all you who develop/update Terarria. I'd love to see this (or at least a 'creative mode' of sorts) in the future!
It's doubtful @Tichnarr. Modding and texture packs for console and mobile is not something that is currently supported.

You can read more about 505 Games' viewpoint regarding editing the core files and modifying the core game content here: Official 505Games Policy Regarding Console/Mobile Hacking

Given that policy I don't see modding coming to console any time soon.

Oleg34518

Official Terrarian
Just what 505 Games said, they don't allow console mods, I don't think mod support will ever come to consoles as it will allow players to cheese achievements/trophies.

Tichnarr

Terrarian
If not mod support, perhaps a mode where you can bring up a menu for all the items in the game? But disable trophies for any world items from the menu/crafted using items from the menu/etc.

Maybe that if not modding?

Hybridizm

Terrarian
Just what 505 Games said, they don't allow console mods, I don't think mod support will ever come to consoles as it will allow players to cheese achievements/trophies.
Well, it could be done in a manner that doesn't allow trophies to be earned whilst playing.

Skyrim does this if I recall.

Anyway, not likely to happen as mentioned above.

salad_den

Skeletron Prime
Well, it could be done in a manner that doesn't allow trophies to be earned whilst playing.

Skyrim does this if I recall.

Anyway, not likely to happen as mentioned above.
any current gen Bethesda game does that when it it only single player (ect. Fallout 4)

Skrtaron

Terrarian
How about for consoles instead of mod support add DLC's for Thorium and/or Calamity. It wouldnt take years to develop considering all textures and coding are already created.

RR8RedRiderYT

Official Terrarian
How about for consoles instead of mod support add DLC's for Thorium and/or Calamity. It wouldnt take years to develop considering all textures and coding are already created.
They should.... I mean it would be fair for the console players.... All they would have to do is copy the coding and textures into the DLC database.

feeshUnofficial

Spazmatism
First of all: The title would've been easier to read if you'd made a proper sentence.

Now that that little nitpick is out of my system:

Technically you can already mod Terraria on PS4 and XB1. The problem is that there's no popular and reliable way to do it. The easiest way to do it is probably by jailbreaking your console and create your own mods, and that's NOT EASY. So basically, unless you absolutely know what you're doing, it's probably never gonna happen. At least not on PS4 for all I know. It might be allowed on XB1 eventually but I don't know Microsoft's policy on mods.

ITDAGOLDEN

Skeletron
First of all: The title would've been easier to read if you'd made a proper sentence.

Now that that little nitpick is out of my system:

Technically you can already mod Terraria on PS4 and XB1. The problem is that there's no popular and reliable way to do it. The easiest way to do it is probably by jailbreaking your console and create your own mods, and that's NOT EASY. So basically, unless you absolutely know what you're doing, it's probably never gonna happen. At least not on PS4 for all I know. It might be allowed on XB1 eventually but I don't know Microsoft's policy on mods.
Then again, Minecraft allows modding without jailbreaking and is really reliable due to it using MCPE mods

feeshUnofficial

Spazmatism
Minecraft is owned by microsoft, which owns two of the platforms, so it's easier for them either way.
And besides that, I really think the developers got a lot more time and budget on their hands to actually add mod support. And correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe you can play mods on PS4 and Switch, because Sony and Nintendo don't support mods in general

RR8RedRiderYT

Official Terrarian
I mean PS4 Minecraft is in its bedrock stage after all.... And it does have mods.... (By mods I mean resource and behavior packs)

Top Bottom