Hot Topic Will Console/Mobile Terraria get MODS or TEXTURE PACKS?

You're better off with getting the PC version if you want mods. Game companies are powerfully against modding of any kind hardware or software.

How about for consoles instead of mod support add DLC's for Thorium and/or Calamity. It wouldnt take years to develop considering all textures and coding are already created.
They should.... I mean it would be fair for the console players.... All they would have to do is copy the coding and textures into the DLC database.

free thorium/calamity/avalon/ancientsawakened/shadowsofabbaodon dlc
NO, do you realize how much the game would be bloated if you had ALL of that installed? Just NO. I don't think you comprehend how much content and lack of complete disregard for balance that combination has.

First of all: The title would've been easier to read if you'd made a proper sentence.

Now that that little nitpick is out of my system:

Technically you can already mod Terraria on PS4 and XB1. The problem is that there's no popular and reliable way to do it. The easiest way to do it is probably by jailbreaking your console and create your own mods, and that's NOT EASY. So basically, unless you absolutely know what you're doing, it's probably never gonna happen. At least not on PS4 for all I know. It might be allowed on XB1 eventually but I don't know Microsoft's policy on mods.

First of all: The title would've been easier to read if you'd made a proper sentence.

Now that that little nitpick is out of my system:

Technically you can already mod Terraria on PS4 and XB1. The problem is that there's no popular and reliable way to do it. The easiest way to do it is probably by jailbreaking your console and create your own mods, and that's NOT EASY. So basically, unless you absolutely know what you're doing, it's probably never gonna happen. At least not on PS4 for all I know. It might be allowed on XB1 eventually but I don't know Microsoft's policy on mods.

Then again, Minecraft allows modding without jailbreaking and is really reliable due to it using MCPE mods

Minecraft is owned by microsoft, which owns two of the platforms, so it's easier for them either way.
And besides that, I really think the developers got a lot more time and budget on their hands to actually add mod support. And correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe you can play mods on PS4 and Switch, because Sony and Nintendo don't support mods in general

I mean PS4 Minecraft is in its bedrock stage after all.... And it does have mods.... (By mods I mean resource and behavior packs)

I mean PS4 Minecraft is in its bedrock stage after all.... And it does have mods.... (By mods I mean resource and behavior packs)

True but those are kinda official, besides unofficial mods made by the public require Xbox Live Gold (According to a YouTube video)

Yeah... Maybe Sony can do the same thing.... Just make the unofficial mods require Playstation Plus...

The youtube video I used uses multiplayer (Which requires Xbox live gold AND PS+) so that ain't happening

Yup. The fact that we are still talking about such an old question is kinda strange but hey, we probably answered the question

Back
Top Bottom