tModLoader Modular, a Tinker's Construct-ish mod for Terraria

Select the option that is most fit for you:

• A really neat and creative ideia, inspired by another great mod.

Votes: 8 66.7%
  • Practically fully costumizable items? Sign me up.

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • I don't think I need anymore of this. There's already enought items in the game.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have to play to see it for myself.

• No option fits me.

• Total voters

Doctor Moonbad

Skeletron Prime
Hi there, I'm Doctor Moonbad, and I'm not really a doctor. This is Modular's Work-In-Progress page. Here you can find information about the mod and discuss, well, everything about it. Feel free to make suggestions and criticize all you want, and I'll eventually answer everything.

So, what's this all about?
Modular is a new mod I'm working on, since D-Mode, my other mod, is kind of finished (only multiplayer support remains undone, because it is a really hard to do thing). Like the title says, the objective of Modular is to enable players to create their own weapons, with their own projectiles, and unique characteristics. It wont be as Tinker's because of the limitations tModLoader has (and it is not even it's fault actually), but of course, I'm still limit testing to see if what I'm planning may work of not, who knows?
Then, to give you an idea of what I have planned, I've made some videos (there will be more) showing how the main thing of the game, called Modules, will work. It should be right after this introductory text. In a simple way, players use socket-like items to upgrade and modify their tools, armor and weapons, which in the future, should be filled with almost limitless possibilities. Really specific and advanced stuff may be done with a custom UI that I will make to help the player literally "build" their weapon in a tree hierarchy interface (if possible to be made). Well, that's a really simplified sum up of things for you.

Here are the videos:

Questions that already have been asked:
- None at the moment.

Todo List:
- Nothing for now.

Don't forget that everything you see here can change at any given moment, given that this is Work-In-Progress mod.

Want to know the news faster?
Please join me at my Discord Server: Join the Moonbad Games Discord Server!
Subscribe to my YouTube Channel: Dr Moonbad

MEGA Link:

Last edited:
This looks cool! I've always wondered if a tinker's-esque mod would work (because the main reason I used it was durability and to make tools better than vanilla, but Terraria doesn't really have that problem)

I assume you're able to specify which weapon/tool to install modules on if you have multiple?

This looks cool! I've always wondered if a tinker's-esque mod would work (because the main reason I used it was durability and to make tools better than vanilla, but Terraria doesn't really have that problem)

I assume you're able to specify which weapon/tool to install modules on if you have multiple?

The upgrade is always applied to the item you are currently holding in your character's hand. This way, you can "select" the item with no issues.

This is showing some extreme promise, although I'll admit I haven't really played that much with Tinker's Construct on Minecraft so my expectations could be different. I hope progress on it goes good!

The upgrade is always applied to the item you are currently holding in your character's hand. This way, you can "select" the item with no issues.

I've thought about doing a mod similar to Tinkers' too!
Although you're taking a different plan of action, I was writing out a spread sheet of blades, hilts, handles, pickaxe heads, etc for the player to use for more player customization.
Kind of came to a deadend though, as programming a forge and all that would be sort of hard, especially with my coding knowledge being limited.. even though I can do a vast amount of things. But i'm glad someone is taking their time to make something like this! Hope something comes out of it too!

Have a discord for it? I can offer some cool projectiles and dust effects through code

You should be able to connect to my main server. Just click the link at: "Want to know the news faster? Please join me at my Discord Server: Join the Moonbad Games Discord Server!".

Modular is a Category on that server and all little new information about it is posted there. Only big or considerable progresses towards the mod's development are posted here, on the Terraria forums.

Last edited:
Sneak Peek video number 4 has been added to the thread. It will show you some simple projectile modifications, such as projectile count and speed.

Sneak Peek video number 5 has been added to the thread. It will show you some more advanced and specific projectile characteristics, such a gravity and close target homing.

Sneak Peek video number 6 has been added to the thread.
This time I will show you some Augmentation Modules, 2 new Modifiers, and a new Basic Module.

Hello everyone. Modular's first test version will soon be released on the Moonbad Games Discord Server. It will be in the 'test-version-links' channel under the 'Modular' category.

Also, here are some answers to possible questions that you might have:

Why not put the download here on the Terraria Forums?
  • The Terraria Forums are regulated by a set of rules. I disagree with some of those rules, so posting the mod on my Discord / Patreon is much more comfortable, and also prevents possible conflicts.
  • You will also be able to receive answers much faster than usual.
  • Modular isn't the only thing happening on the server.
How many upgrades there are on the mod?
  • There are 17 Modules in total, without considering Complex Modules (because they naturally have an infinite amount of possible states). Given that a Modular Item comports 4 Modules, you have 4845 possible combinations just from these alone, not mentioning that there will be more.
Will it be possible to change the Modular Item's appearance as well?
  • I don't have an answer just yet, but it seems possible, in theory, with a high chance of success.
Will it be multiplayer compatible?
  • I'm having trouble learning how multiplayer syncing works. That's one of the reasons my other mod, D-Mode is so buggy on multiplayer. Knowing that, you can predict that it may take quite some time for a multiplayer version of Modular to appear.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom