NPCs & Enemies Mole invasion! Post moon lord event

hi9990005

Official Terrarian
"The Ground begins to rumble"

Post moon lord event. I'm new so please tell me if I should balance or fix anything. I'll add more along the way. Tunnels form starting from the underworld and go up. Five tunnels spawn, but eventually join together into one huge complex. Tunnels are made of "Mole stone" and "Mole stone walls" (Can only be mined with 250% pickaxe power or higher). Mole like enemies spawn constantly in the tunnels and less frequently near tunnel entrances. The tunnels are only accessible once they reach the surface and expand through all blocks, including structures/bases. Tunnels stop expanding after all 5 tunnels have a way to access the surface. Tunnel expansion is random.

Enemies:

Mole swarm

Swarm of 10 tiny moles. One mole has 200 health, 50 damage, 10% knockback resistance, and 0 defense.

Mole miner

Mines blocks. 3*3 dig radius. 75 damage. 750 health. 25% knockback resistance and 10 defense.

Mole demolitionist

Throws mole bombs. 500 health. 10 melee damage. 0% knockback resistance and 0 defense.

Mole driller

Drills into blocks. 1,000 health. Can mine harder blocks and has a 5*5 dig radius. Does 50 damage. 25% knockback resistance and 25 defense.

Mole turret

Stationary unit with 20,000 health. 100% knockback resistance and 75 defense. Launches mole bombs & mole drillers.

Mole war machine

Large slow and heavy enemy with 10,000 health. 100% knockback resistance and 90 defense. 10*10 drill radius. 130 damage. Mines everything but mole stone.

Titanmole (boss)

Gigantic mole with drill instead of right hand. Dig radius of 7*7. Mines all blocks except mole stone.

1,450,000 health. 100% knockback resistance and 100 defense. Attacks are able to be detected. Fought underground. Rages if brought above ground( constantly dives out to kill player (300 damage and 60 block destruction radius.)

Attacks:

Drill (swipe drill across screen. 60 damage.)

Smack (regular hand swipes across screen. 150 base damage.)

Crush (attempts to smash player. 20 base damage. Destroys one row of blocks at a time. Deals constant damage)

Flamethrower (shoots fire out of mouth. Evaporates water and inflicts cursed flames debuff. 45 base damage . )

Chomp (attempts to eat player. 400 damage. Destroys blocks with a 25*25 radius. )

Giant mole bomb(expert mode only) throws giant mole bomb (60 block blast radius. Destroys everything caught in explosion. 75 damage but ignores defense)

Mole bombs(summary)

30 block blast radius. Destroys walls and solid blocks. Destroys everything except mole stone and mole stone walls. 75 damage.

Mole merchant NPC

Spawns after titanmole is defeated

Sells:

Mole forge(10 gold)(craft with mole stone)

Mole bombs(50 silver)

Mole stone (1 silver)

Mole outfit (5 gold a piece)(only vanity)(only during Halloween)

Drops

From all mole enemies:

Mole staff(.5% chance) summons a pet mole

From mole miner:

Any pickaxe (5%)

From mole driller:

Amy drill except for mole drill(5%)

From mole demolitionist:

Mole bombs (5-10)(100%)

From mole turret and mole war machine: Mole technology (material) (5%)

From mole turret:

Mole cannon (uses mole bombs) (2%)

From mole war machine:

Any metal bar (5-20) (100%)

From titanmole:
Mole drill(50%)
[56 melee damage
400% pick axe power
Very fast speed
Average knockback]
Mole flamethrower(20%)
[156 ranged damage
Very fast speed
Very weak knockback
25% chance not to use ammo
Uses gel for ammo]
Earthen scepter(20%)
[175 magic damage
Average speed
Very strong knockback
Uses 20 mana
Cases a giant stalagmite that does contact damage to rise up from from any solid block]
Mole book(20%)
[124 magic damage
Fast speed
Weak knockback
Uses 10 mana
Casts a ball of mole fire similar to the flower of fire
Inflicts earthen burn debuff(5 damage per "burn frame")]
Molish blade(20%)
[225 melee damage
Very fast speed
Average knockback
Suffocates your enemies]

I would greatly appreciate some help coming up with ideas for crafting and boss drops.

Last edited:
Reduce the drop rate of a pick axe drop from the mole miner from 100% to 5% or 3%.
It's an event so there will be a lot of mole miners, and you don't want the player's inventory getting flooded

Hmmm. I think instead of breaking, the blocks should go in an actuator like state, and there should be a drop called "drill phasers" which are quite coming and can actuate anything. And whereas the achievement for killing titanmole with a nebula glove? *wink wink*. But you should add an achievement, even if its just like killing the titan mole with the titan glove equipped.

Back
Top Bottom