Weapons & Equip Molten, Ice and Martian armor.

MitBoy

Terrarian
Okay is anyone even make Molten armor? It's probably one of the most useless armors in the game. I think, I should give you + 10% to any kind of damage. Less, than coolest prehardmode stuff, but extra defence, and also good thing to people who likes to use weapons from different classes (Personally, I use weapons only from one class, and I don't consider that a challenge)

The next step - Ice Armor. What the point Meele + Ranger? There's two other combinations, why we can't have them? Ice armor should also just give you extra damage (Since different armors got different +damage, we could balance it with stuff like meele speed). Full set still give you frost burn on any weapon. It also will be a must have armor for... summoners. Seriosly, there's Spider one at the start of hardmode, and two others are after Plantera!

And Martian uniform. An endgame universal armo. For people, who want to use any kind of weapons, and don't care about DPS that much. Or maybe it should be post Lunar armor, that has only Luminite bars, without fragments? Honestly, I hate that Martians doesn't have an armor set.

And Martian uniform. An endgame universal armo. For people, who want to use any kind of weapons, and don't care about DPS that much. Or maybe it should be post Lunar armor, that has only Luminite bars, without fragments? Honestly, I hate that Martians doesn't have an armor set.
Martian Uniform Armor is a vanity set...

Shadow Armor's only benefit is that you move faster, though. I can see Crimtane being better than Molten, but I think Molten is pretty much a straight upgrade over Shadow.

Shadow Armor's only benefit is that you move faster, though. I can see Crimtane being better than Molten, but I think Molten is pretty much a straight upgrade over Shadow.
Shadow armor gives you +21% to melee speed. Molten +18 to damage. Of course, there could different cases, where + damage is better, but 21 still sounds more than 18.
And then you have +17% speed bonus against -1.5 damage per hit. Something tells me that this speed bonus could save you from much bigger amount of damage than molten.

Shadow armor gives you +21% to melee speed. Molten +18 to damage. Of course, there could different cases, where + damage is better, but 21 still sounds more than 18.
And then you have +17% speed bonus against -1.5 damage per hit. Something tells me that this speed bonus could save you from much bigger amount of damage than molten.

More damage is actually better than melee speed because you're spreading out your increased damage to an increased amount of attacks, meaning that you would get your attacks subtracted by defense much more.

More damage is actually better than melee speed because you're spreading out your increased damage to an increased amount of attacks, meaning that you would get your attacks subtracted by defense much more.
More melee speed => more hits => more knockback, which will defend to better in hardmode, and this makes extra 3 points of defence of molte narmor completelly useless. Not to say, more speed is really nice thing in early HM, before you get wings.

More melee speed => more hits => more knockback, which will defend to better in hardmode, and this makes extra 3 points of defence of molte narmor completelly useless. Not to say, more speed is really nice thing in early HM, before you get wings.
You're kidding right? In hardmode, most of the enemies have relatively high knockback resistance and higher defense, leaving weapons like the Muramasa or minishark almost completely useless. In this case, rapid hits will actually kill them slower due to the lower defense penetration. Also, Molten armor has 6 more points of defense, which is something as every point will count in the end.

As for Frost armor, giving it benefits for magic would damage it. The Frost armor boosts over 11 points of defense to the adamantite mage armor and 13 to the titanium. However, it's about the midway between ranged and melee armors. Early-hardmode magic weapons are also in a large abundance compared to ranged and melee (ore swords/spears excluded)

As for the Martian thing, I really don't care about there not being an armor involved. The only armor set with an invasion involved is the Pumpkin moon, and it isn't a random drop, it's crafted.

You're kidding right? In hardmode, most of the enemies have relatively high knockback resistance and higher defense, leaving weapons like the Muramasa or minishark almost completely useless. In this case, rapid hits will actually kill them slower due to the lower defense penetration. Also, Molten armor has 6 more points of defense, which is something as every point will count in the end.

As for Frost armor, giving it benefits for magic would damage it. The Frost armor boosts over 11 points of defense to the adamantite mage armor and 13 to the titanium. However, it's about the midway between ranged and melee armors. Early-hardmode magic weapons are also in a large abundance compared to ranged and melee (ore swords/spears excluded)

As for the Martian thing, I really don't care about there not being an armor involved. The only armor set with an invasion involved is the Pumpkin moon, and it isn't a random drop, it's crafted.
... And still Shadow Armor is easier to craft, give you more speed and you will soon replace it with something anyway, so Molten Armor is just a waste of time.

That's why I said "balance it with other effects, such a melee speed" It could have more mana consuming, anything. I just don't see a reason why we need an not-endgame armor for Ranger-melee (And Melee with megashark does not count, because now we have yo-yos)

Well, make Martian armor craftable. I don't really see a reason, though, since you will farm Martians anyway.

... And still Shadow Armor is easier to craft, give you more speed and you will soon replace it with something anyway, so Molten Armor is just a waste of time.

That's why I said "balance it with other effects, such a melee speed" It could have more mana consuming, anything. I just don't see a reason why we need an not-endgame armor for Ranger-melee (And Melee with megashark does not count, because now we have yo-yos)

Well, make Martian armor craftable. I don't really see a reason, though, since you will farm Martians anyway.
Of course Shadow is easier to craft. Wood armor is also way easier to craft than gold armor too, but what the hell is progression anyways? And you rate movement speed way too highly. In the end, running away is a lot less efficient than grappling or flying/double jumping. Especially in areas such as caves where dead ends are everywhere. Unless you plan on fighting the Duke in shadow armor that is.

Of course Shadow is easier to craft. Wood armor is also way easier to craft than gold armor too, but what the hell is progression anyways? And you rate movement speed way too highly. In the end, running away is a lot less efficient than grappling or flying/double jumping. Especially in areas such as caves where dead ends are everywhere. Unless you plan on fighting the Duke in shadow armor that is.
Yeah, but shadow > molten is really arguable progression.
Well, I could say that you rate armor protection too highly.
Actually, In a caves movement speed is the most important, cause you can't fly around freely. Also, movement speed affects your dodging ability or speeding with wings\bots.

... Why? Shadow armor is simply just... better, and Crimson armor could rather cmpensate defence with life regen.

Shadow armor is not better. Less defense and a LOT less damage. I don't care about movement speed.

And I also sometimes make frost armor. You shouldn't say some armor is useless. If you don't use it, that is fine, but more armor adds more variety in the game.
[DOUBLEPOST=1440679008,1440678717][/DOUBLEPOST]
I just don't see a reason why we need an not-endgame armor for Ranger-melee (And Melee with megashark does not count, because now we have yo-yos)

And I'm a little confused what you meant by that. The only reason I would make frost armor is if I had a good melee weapon yet also wanted to use a mega shark against bosses without making multiple armor sets.

Yes, yo-yos are powerful things, but games need variety.

Shadow armor is not better. Less defense and a LOT less damage. I don't care about movement speed.

And I also sometimes make frost armor. You shouldn't say some armor is useless. If you don't use it, that is fine, but more armor adds more variety in the game.
I'm not saying frost armor is bad, but I don't see a reason to have specific Ranger-Melee armor. and not have other two variations.

I'm not saying frost armor is bad, but I don't see a reason to have specific Ranger-Melee armor. and not have other two variations.
That's actually not a bad point. However, the only other class combinations that make sense are magic and summoner (I can maybe see magic and ranged) but most people doing a summoner play through are going to only want to use only summoner weapons.

That's actually not a bad point. However, the only other class combinations that make sense are magic and summoner (I can maybe see magic and ranged) but most people doing a summoner play through are going to only want to use only summoner weapons.
No, there's no reason to have Summoner-X armor, since you use some kind weapon *And* minios.
None of my poins were bad :naughty:

Back
Top Bottom