Biomes & Nature Monolith that toggles Evil Spread (post moon lord)

Aceplante

Official Terrarian
Left unattended, evil can very easily corrupt your entire world, and the only way to stop it is to either dig trenches to contain it or manually cleanse it and hope you didnt miss any, a tedious mechanic many players do not enjoy. Clearly there is a demand for an alternate, easier method, but rather than a consumable item that "cleanses the whole world" as many others seem to be suggesting (which, obviously is blatantly OP and i hope never gets added):

I think there should be a new monolith that can be obtained post moonlord that has the ability to disable and stop evil biome spread. This would NOT cleanse everything all at once, but would completely prevent it from spreading any more, making it easier to eventually cleanse it all.

For texture, it could either be a golden map on a pedestal, a globe icon, or a cross?

Last edited:
I like this idea, but monoliths change the appearance of the world, not any mechanics. Do you mean some sort of switch?

I like this idea, but monoliths change the appearance of the world, not any mechanics. Do you mean some sort of switch?
I do mean a monolith, and this would just be the first one to do so, perhaps it would either look like a map or a globe?

I think calling it a Monolith could cause some confusion because, like @maranethan said, monoliths apply a visual filter. It could still be turned on and off like a Monolith, it would just need a separate name to make it distinct (the same way the Echo Chamber isn’t called a monolith). As for the name it could be called something like the “Harmony Prism” or the “World Terrarium” and could look like a terrarium atop a stone pedestal with vines growing up the sides. The terrarium itself could look like the Terrarium from the DST crossover and rise above the stone pillar when activated…
IMG_5876.png

Also, it should be purchased from the Dryad for obvious reasons.

Last edited:
The terrarium was based off the last prism, which already exists. I like the idea of a tree inside whatever it ends up being, though.
It’s appearance might have been inspired by the Last Prism but that doesn’t mean it is the Last Prism. If it was why would the EoC and The Twins come out of it? I think it’s meant be a portal to Terraria or the world of Terraria is actually inside of it.

Left unattended, evil can very easily corrupt your entire world, and the only way to stop it is to either dig trenches to contain it or manually cleanse it and hope you didnt miss any, a tedious mechanic many players do not enjoy.
12 years passed yet "many players" still can't understand that they don't need to clear the evil biomes. It's not the purpose of the game... :sigh:

12 years passed yet "many players" still can't understand that they don't need to clear the evil biomes. It's not the purpose of the game... :sigh:
You mean me? I dont mind doing it the current way, but I have recently seen of ton of ideas for items that would cleanse entire biomes or even the entire world at once, which is blatantly OP in my opinion even being post moon lord. So yea there is clearly a need and I wanted to post my take on a more balanced and fair way of solving this issue.

Or if you are suggesting that you DONT need to clear the evil at all... Yes of course you do. If you spend any real amount of time in a world for building or any other reason, it is quickly going to become a problem left unattended. I guess this wouldn't really be a problem for players that just speedrun the game and then delete it and do it all over again. But then those are the same people complaining the "gameplay loop is grindy and stale".

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom