Items Monster Medals (Unique Usable Items)

BitPieStudios

The Destroyer
Before I begin, let me just say that this idea will either seem really stupid for some of you, or it might be a fun game changer to think about. I hope it is the latter. ;u;
There are, as many of us know, many ways to fight in Terraria. You can use swords, flails, spells, yoyo's, and even a bunch of little monsters to help you. but now, I propose an all new way to kill stuff you dislike in the game!

Monster Medals.

What exactly are Monster Medals? Well, to put it simply, they are unlimited use, early to late hardmode items that allow the player to transform themselves into a monster, with a price.
below, I've outlined a bit of how they'll work, how they'll be balanced, and how they'll be implemented.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Part I: Crafting & Basic Info

A new crafting item will be sold by the Merchant once you get him, for a price of 10 gold...

Monster Medal
monster_badge_raw_by_bitpiestudios-d90z11j.png

"An empty vessel, with vast potential"​

It is similar to the Empty Bullets the Arms Dealer sells, in that its only use is to be turned into a usable weapon. Functional Medals can be crafted at an anvil, at the price of 1 banner of a monster you've killed. For example...

Green Slime Medal
slime_medal_by_bitpiestudios-d90z11c.png

10 Monster Damage
Uses 20 Mana
Jump height bonus
User floats in liquids
Allows user to become a Green Slime.
'The Basic Slimy Fix.'​

Crafting recipe: One Green Slime Banner, one Monster Medal.

Giant Worm Medal
worm_medal_by_bitpiestudios-d90z118.png

15 Monster Damage
Uses 20 Mana
Allows free travel through Dirt,Stone, and Basic Ores.
Allows user to become a Giant Worm.
'The Segmented Fix.'​

Crafting Recipe: One Worm banner, one Monster Medal.

Additionally, they can be reforged with Magic Weapon Modifiers.

Hardmode enemy medals might be crafted at a mythril/orichalcum anvil.

All Monster Medals incur common effects...
- Can be passive to same types of monsters( ex. Green Slime friendly to all slimes), unless you attack them, in which case they become hostile.
- Cannot use tools while transformed; you must cancel your transformation first.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Part II: Transformation Info/Examples

Medal Name|Banner Used|Stats|Unique abilities|Cons of Transformation
Green Slime Medal|Green Slime Banner|10 Damage. 'The Basic Slimy Fix.'|Float on water, attack by jumping on top of enemies, jump height bonus| can only move by jumping.
Blue Slime medal|Blue Slime Banner|15 Damage. 'The Blue Slimy Fix'. | Same as Green Slime| can only move by jumping, larger hit-box than green slime.
Toxic Sludge Medal| Toxic Sludge Banner|35 Damage. 'The Happy Toxic Fix.'|Same as Green Slime, but also has chance to inflict poison debuff.| Same as blue slime.
Demon Eye Medal|Demon Eye Banner|15 Damage. 'The Big Pupil Fix.'|Hover right above ground, click direction for charge attack, small flight time.| always affected by knockback.
Giant Worm Medal|Worm Banner|15 Damage. 'The Segmented Fix'|Can pass through most blocks, except lihzard and other high-tier blocks. Attack by hitting with worm head.| Can't move without blocks, no light, defense halved if not in blocks.
Giant Tortoise Medal|Tortoise Banner|50 Damage. ' The Shelled Fix'|Click to jump up, then slam down into enemies, knocking then back. Can roll forward with 5 second cooldown.| Amazingly slow, in water and on land.
Unicorn Medal|Unicorn Banner|40 Damage. 'The Fabulous Rainbow Fix'| Double tap to charge through an enemy, can run really fast.| Charging through is risky.
Skeleton Medal|Skeleton Banner|20 Damage. 'The Skinny Skeletal Fix'|Click to throw bones.| Only has basic character movement.
Imp Medal|Fire Imp Banner|28 Damage. 'The Fiery Little Fix'| Right Click to teleport to a location with 10 second cooldown, click to throw fireballs.|Can only move via teleport.

Well, this is all so far. Please let me know what you think, suggest changes, and all that good stuff. This is a very rough idea, so any feedback is welcome.

Last edited:
Oh this would be neat. Just add in a decent crafting recipie for everything and you're good to go. They should be post-skeletron though.

I like what I see, and it seems really unique! I would totally use this to troll my friends all the time.

I have to agree with Hax4Ever though. Turning into a green slime and doing 10 damage in hardmode is kind of useless...

Oh this would be neat. Just add in a decent crafting recipie for everything and you're good to go. They should be post-skeletron though.

I kinda disagree on the post-skeletron sentiment. I want these items to be like the others; you get a weak one at first, and build up to better ones later. Although I have to think more of how to have them implemented differently if this is the case.

I like what I see, and it seems really unique! I would totally use this to troll my friends all the time.

I have to agree with Hax4Ever though. Turning into a green slime and doing 10 damage in hardmode is kind of useless...

Yeaaaah, I guess that's kinda true. Maybe the weaker mobs can be used pre-hardmode. I may have a better idea though...
I think it might be better for the merchant to sell the Monster Medal. I might make small changes to the OP shortly. Thanks you two! :p

Yeaaaah, I guess that's kinda true. Maybe the weaker mobs can be used pre-hardmode. I may have a better idea though...
I think it might be better for the merchant to sell the Monster Medal. I might make small changes to the OP shortly. Thanks you two! :p

That's better! I would be cool though if different variants of the monster medal got unlocked for better medalions, so for example.

Monster medalion: buyable after skeletron is beaten, used to make... (medalions listed above). Costs 25 gold coins

Cobalt monster medalion: buyable in hardmode, used to make possesed armor, wandering eye, and harpy medalion (listing medalion ideas) costs 65 gold.

Hallowed monster medalion: Buyable after mechanical bosses are beaten. Used for gastropod, wolf, and ichor sticker medalion. (more random ideas) costs 1 platinum

Etc.

That way there is some for each tier. Those medalions that I listed are just ideas, and they would need statistics if you want to use them, but this way there are balanced morphs for each section of the game.

I hope this helped :D

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES
(Couldnt find the gif cause my internet for this weekend is :red: )

If theres one thing i love, is having pets, summoning pets, and transforming into stuff. YES

Btw if im bored which i am allot think i could try spriting for some of these medals? I need to raise my spriting skill.

PS: At the same time i also see that the damage all of these badges too after hardmode is lackluster. I dont mean the pre hardmode ones i mean like the tortoise ones, you know doing only 50-60 damage. Hardmode weapons only have that much damage because you can buff them to do all sorts of insane damage, but you cant do that with these transformations. So how about some accessories or armor itself that affects these transformations? Cause otherwise i wouldnt see much use in them or much fun in them if you cant kill stuff well.

Last edited:
YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES
(Couldnt find the gif cause my internet for this weekend is :red: )

If theres one thing i love, is having pets, summoning pets, and transforming into stuff. YES

Btw if im bored which i am allot think i could try spriting for some of these medals? I need to raise my spriting skill.

PS: At the same time i also see that the damage all of these badges too after hardmode is lackluster. I dont mean the pre hardmode ones i mean like the tortoise ones, you know doing only 50-60 damage. Hardmode weapons only have that much damage because you can buff them to do all sorts of insane damage, but you cant do that with these transformations. So how about some accessories or armor itself that affects these transformations? Cause otherwise i wouldnt see much use in them or much fun in them if you cant kill stuff well.

The one thing I'm bad at is damage balancing, so I had a feeling I was being too cautious with the numbers.

Also, if you wanna sprite these, that'd be great!

The one thing I'm bad at is damage balancing, so I had a feeling I was being too cautious with the numbers.

Also, if you wanna sprite these, that'd be great!
Aight than awesome! If i ever have the time ill go for a sprite or two.
And another thing: Ever thought of doing some insane transformations? And i mean litteraly insane, like taking a boss trophy to make a medal, whose power makes it so you can transform into that boss for like 20 seconds and have a 1 min cooldown before you can use ANY boss medal. And yes damage will be high on those but not bonkers.
Reason i say this is because altough i understand the fundamentals of the transformation, you only get to do one action with them really and when you compare it to something like changing between guns or melee weapons or summons it isnt as exilirating. Plus who doesnt wanna become a boss? I wanna become a brain :')

And if you took accessories into account, you should also be able to reduce the cooldown, not by much but still be able to reduce it. And another accessory to increase the time you stay as a boss.

And another thing about these (my brains thinking too hard about this cause i like it)

When you transform into these bosses your inventory changes into an hotbar for the attacks you can do, and when you revert back to your original form the inventory goes back to normal. Yes form changes are also included as something like, you have a 20 second boss, 10 seconds its normal 10 seconds its on its 2nd phase form.

Im thinking too hard about a suggestion that might not be made. This would also go really well as a mod.

Good. Very good. VERY GOOD.
Now seriously, this is just awesome. Only problem is that it can be very OP.

>10 x damage at tip of tail
>Enemies (taking in what summons do) allways target for tail tip

Just remember that the same thing you can achieve in transformations you can achieve in normal gameplay. Guns can achieve over 2000 dps. Bows can. Swords can. Summons can. Magic can.
Actually magic can achieve 100K+ DPS.
Anyways, you convinced me.

Back
Top Bottom