NPCs & Enemies Monster taming A whole new mechanic

Is this good?

• Total voters

Twichlove999

Eye of Cthulhu
Also: please do not Select NO unless you have a reasonable way to dispute this idea.

i wish there is a way to side with the enemies of terraria.... i mean, some enemies have amazing skills (red devil, wyvern, bosses. Etc) so who wouldn't want to see eye of cthulu vs eater of worlds right?.

DO NOT POST COMMENTS SUCH AS: BOO BAD IDEA EAT AN APPLE, YOU STOOPID AND I STILL THINK 9+10=21 Do post: Needs work.(Idea)

1, old rpg style taming- using a certain item or killing enough of the enemies to have an enemie as a pet.
2, factions- you get to choose a class (crimson, corruption, jungle etc.) and the enemies in that biome will protect you.
3, befriending- every time you kill an enemie it will have a chance to become a pet (bosses don't work until the next boss in the progression is defeated)

Keeping a tamed enemy is simple. Build a house using the blocks found in it's biome(example would be a cave of webs for a wall creeper) and a boss trophy for bosses.

Enemies you tame will respawn in their corresponding houses :D

These probably wont be added right now. Im hoping this will be added on 1.5 xD when they run out of bosses.
worth a shot tho.

Riding enemies will cost a corresponding saddle. Which is a rare drop from the enemy.

Certain mobs will have special effects- obviously flying and worm enemies would make amazing mounts.

Enemies that shoot would make amazing guards and boss assistants.

Bosses are great. (Yep.)

Woop woop

Due to some criticism i have decided to add these complementary ideas shown below :D
enemies smaller than the player can not be ridden.
Stamina feature- the larger the monster is, the more it can fly- a harpy would fly WAY less than a wyvern would.

Contracting: when you kill a boss there is a very small chance of it respawning as an npc (in the form of a human) once you made a house for said boss. (Example: a house for the eater of world a giant tunnel in the corruption made from corruption block and at least 10 corruption furniture.) You have to complete a quest from it to have the boss become a friend. (bosses take 10 days to respawn)
(Example: the eater of worlds would request 99 demonite bars, 20 shadow scales, 5 worm foods and 10 deathweed/1 shadow orb.)

Ideas from players :D :
Pets can gain new abilities, the player can choose what stat to increase and what skills to use like ranged, melee, debuff, etc. You can summon and unsummon your pet to fight other players' pets or wild monsters. For bats for example, you can get echolocation and sense enemies within 20 blocks radius and it increases as ur bat evolves. (Example: Giant turtle can hide in their shell. shell time increases per level.) You can fuse monsters together to get a hybrid monster like unicorn plus goblin warrior becomes wartuarian. (FlashEx)
There could be tournaments where monsters are pitted against each other and there will be strengths and weakness for different elements and types. (Example: imps would have an advantage over moss hornets for obvious reasons.) (FlashEx)
Pets can pickup and use items. (FlashEx)

Last edited:
Pet items and mounts already give us access to the abilities and appearances of some creatures.

I do not know about you but mounting many enemies would not be fun at all. Imagine if the first demon eye you kill allows you infinite flight forever, or a worm allows you to instantly gain access to any underground biome. That would ruin the flow of gameplay.

Pet items and mounts already give us access to the abilities and appearances of some creatures.

I do not know about you but mounting many enemies would not be fun at all. Imagine if the first demon eye you kill allows you infinite flight forever, or a worm allows you to instantly gain access to any underground biome. That would ruin the flow of gameplay.
i never said that flight would be infinite, a stamina feature can be implemented. Same for worms and other creatures also, it wouldn't make sense to ride a demon eye or any small mob in general.

i never said that flight would be infinite, a stamina feature can be implemented. Same for worms and other creatures also, it wouldn't make sense to ride a demon eye or any small mob in general.
This idea would affect every single enemy in Terraria; even coding the ability to linearly ride any enemy would take far too long to be feasible, much less give each special abilities and new AI.

This idea would affect every single enemy in Terraria; even coding the ability to linearly ride any enemy would take far too long to be feasible, much less give each special abilities and new AI.
It's just an idea, modders have been able to create thousands of brand new enemies. it's not impossible.

That doesn't mean they are good or that they belong in the game. It also doesn't mean the Terraria team can too, as this is different than just making enemies.
It's different, but it's NOT impossible. You have to recode the enemies, i do realize it would take a long time. terraria is a survival+sandbox type of game and usually ALOT of sandbox and survival games have some way of taming in them, so the argument that they don't belong is a far fetch. that concludes my point.

It's different, but it's NOT impossible. You have to recode the enemies, i do realize it would take a long time. terraria is a survival+sandbox type of game and usually ALOT of sandbox and survival games have some way of taming in them, so the argument that they don't belong is a far fetch. that concludes my point.
I don't see many sandbox games where you can tame every enemy and boss in the game.

end me now
I said worm and flying enemies CAN be tamed not that they are the only things able to be tamed.
it's like i say the sun is a star. that does not mean the earth is a star too.
[doublepost=1505169400,1505169261][/doublepost]
end me now
also, if you are getting this frustrated from an idea... you should probably not reply to this thread anymore :p
[doublepost=1505169550][/doublepost]
;(

I'm going to unwatch the thread.
you are going to keep making weird ideas (in my opinion, moderators, don't warning me)
we are going to never talk about this because my head is about to pop
[doublepost=1505169463,1505169438][/doublepost]
:D Have fun!
(It's okay you have your own opinions. i have..... in your words..... ''weird'' ideas, and i'm happy with it :) goodbye i guess :p )

Last edited:
Dude, I love your idea of having pets that fight with you like combining mechanics and ideas from monster rancher and digimon.

I would like to add to your idea where your pet can level up, grow larger in size and stats and evolve into a greater form such as cave bat evolving into jungle bat or with complete new/mythical monsters like chimera, gryphon, hydra, leviathan, centuar and more.

Pets can gain new abilities, the player can choose what stat to increase and what skills to use like ranged, melee, debuff, etc. You can summon and unsummon your pet to fight other players' pets or wild monsters. For bats for example, you can get echolocation and sense enemies within 20 blocks radius and it increases as ur bat evolves. You can fuse monsters together to get a hybrid monster like unicorn plus goblin warrior becomes wartuarian.

There could be tournaments where monsters are pitted against each other and there will be strengths and weakness for different elements and types. Light destroys > Dark > Nature > Water > Fire > Poison > Earth > Light. You get coins and element essences from winning tournaments. You can combine essences with monster loots using a summoning hedge to summon different star monsters.

Yall let me know what do you think of my suggestions.

Back
Top Bottom