NPCs & Enemies Monster taming A whole new mechanic

Is this good?

• Total voters
Dude, I love your idea of having pets that fight with you like combining mechanics and ideas from monster rancher and digimon.

I would like to add to your idea where your pet can level up, grow larger in size and stats and evolve into a greater form such as cave bat evolving into jungle bat or with complete new/mythical monsters like chimera, gryphon, hydra, leviathan, centuar and more.

Pets can gain new abilities, the player can choose what stat to increase and what skills to use like ranged, melee, debuff, etc. You can summon and unsummon your pet to fight other players' pets or wild monsters. For bats for example, you can get echolocation and sense enemies within 20 blocks radius and it increases as ur bat evolves. You can fuse monsters together to get a hybrid monster like unicorn plus goblin warrior becomes wartuarian.

There could be tournaments where monsters are pitted against each other and there will be strengths and weakness for different elements and types. Light destroys > Dark > Nature > Water > Fire > Poison > Earth > Light. You get coins and element essences from winning tournaments. You can combine essences with monster loots using a summoning hedge to summon different star monsters.

Yall let me know what do you think of my suggestions.
that would clog up the game massively

i don't mean lag i mean it would just be another crazy thing that would be added to the game and it would be overwhelming
Oh... then how bout making this pet feature optional and you can off it if you don't want it. Or make it a mod so everyone can choose.

Oh... then how bout making this pet feature optional and you can off it if you don't want it. Or make it a mod so everyone can choose.
no, having it be optional would be stupid, you can't just add a massive thing like this and be like "don't use it if you don't like it" that's dumb

a mod would be a better idea

Dude, I love your idea of having pets that fight with you like combining mechanics and ideas from monster rancher and digimon.

I would like to add to your idea where your pet can level up, grow larger in size and stats and evolve into a greater form such as cave bat evolving into jungle bat or with complete new/mythical monsters like chimera, gryphon, hydra, leviathan, centuar and more.

Pets can gain new abilities, the player can choose what stat to increase and what skills to use like ranged, melee, debuff, etc. You can summon and unsummon your pet to fight other players' pets or wild monsters. For bats for example, you can get echolocation and sense enemies within 20 blocks radius and it increases as ur bat evolves. You can fuse monsters together to get a hybrid monster like unicorn plus goblin warrior becomes wartuarian.

There could be tournaments where monsters are pitted against each other and there will be strengths and weakness for different elements and types. Light destroys > Dark > Nature > Water > Fire > Poison > Earth > Light. You get coins and element essences from winning tournaments. You can combine essences with monster loots using a summoning hedge to summon different star monsters.

Evolving is nice, but isn't the best idea since we can just tame the enemies, and new monsters feel kind of uneeded.
Abilities and leveling is a very neat idea, it makes the weakest zombie have the potential to kill the Eoc xD
Elements are too rpg like. but i would like to think that a lava slime would do better against an angry trapper.
Tournaments would be absolutely amazing, imagine having your wyvern fight a tactical skeleton lol.
[doublepost=1505706018,1505705781][/doublepost]mrmcmo, It will be overwhelming, but in a good way :D it will entertain people that don't use mods even after they've killed ml. Also like flashex said, tournaments would be absolutely beautiful :D
[doublepost=1505706052][/doublepost]

ADDED :D

I think this is a cool idea but it doesn't feel like it would fit in this game tbh. Maybe in like Terraria Otherworld, where you could have hallow enemies join your side to stop the Corruption/Crimson would be cool. Sorta like how the Flood helps master chief temporarily in Halo 3 against the covenant. Before it starts fighting you again.

I think this is a cool idea but it doesn't feel like it would fit in this game tbh. Maybe in like Terraria Otherworld, where you could have hallow enemies join your side to stop the Corruption/Crimson would be cool. Sorta like how the Flood helps master chief temporarily in Halo 3 against the covenant. Before it starts fighting you again.
I thought of this idea because of the fact that many creatures look like great pets
Thanks for the idea!

I thought of this idea because of the fact that many creatures look like great pets
Thanks for the idea!
No Problem! One Enemy, I've always wished there was a pet version was Bats, Like imagine a summoner item like the Bat staff but it spawned different Bats depending on what biome you're in.

No Problem! One Enemy, I've always wished there was a pet version was Bats, Like imagine a summoner item like the Bat staff but it spawned different Bats depending on what biome you're in.
Lol! i've always wanted a pet phantasmal dragon/wyvern, and a pet shark.

To be honest, this would be a really cool idea! BUT... It'd take away the whole purpose of why mounts exist and how rare they are to obtain, I'd always enjoyed collecting rare items.

And I don't think the idea really fits Terraria :( I don't know why...

To be honest, this would be a really cool idea! BUT... It'd take away the whole purpose of why mounts exist and how rare they are to obtain, I'd always enjoyed collecting rare items.

yeah its like Ocram, it doesn't really fit in the game. But maybe they could add something similar, that would be cool

yeah its like Ocram, it doesn't really fit in the game. But maybe they could add something similar, that would be cool

Many games that have a similar style to terraria has some sort of monster taming (starbound, planet centauri etc.) even though it will be a HUGE update :D
The mounts will still be relevant, the stamina feature does NOT affect mounts, a tamed slime will not be nearly as great as the slime mount, neither are tamed unicorns/basilisks
And i don't consider many mounts rare items, there are definitely rarer items than mounts. (Not sure about other people) I usually get the blessed apple while farming souls of light, and the only mount i would consider rare is the basilisk(the ones that are useful, anyways)
Mob saddles would be VERY rare, way rarer than said mounts.
[doublepost=1506375542,1506375406][/doublepost]Also, please send feedback if you chose no.....
Or yes.....
it would help me make this idea better :D

Many games that have a similar style to terraria has some sort of monster taming (starbound, planet centauri etc.) even though it will be a HUGE update :D
The mounts will still be relevant, the stamina feature does NOT affect mounts, a tamed slime will not be nearly as great as the slime mount, neither are tamed unicorns/basilisks
And i don't consider many mounts rare items, there are definitely rarer items than mounts. (Not sure about other people) I usually get the blessed apple while farming souls of light, and the only mount i would consider rare is the basilisk(the ones that are useful, anyways)
Mob saddles would be VERY rare, way rarer than said mounts.
[doublepost=1506375542,1506375406][/doublepost]Also, please send feedback if you chose no.....
Or yes.....
it would help me make this idea better :D
If saddles would be that rare why don't they just add more mounts that can be obtained from monsters upon death instead of this whole taming process?

Back
Top Bottom