Monsters on the roof. Need help getting rid of em.

Master Nikslg

Terrarian
Hello, I experienced a bit of.. confusion while making my house.
Its quote big, but have npcs on both sides and in the middle.
Hovewer that doesnt really stop mobs from spamming on the roof when I move from left side to the right. I put 2 rows of fences on top, they still appearee. Can somebody explains why?
Do I have to make it go like 30 high?

Hello, I experienced a bit of.. confusion while making my house.
Its quote big, but have npcs on both sides and in the middle.
Hovewer that doesnt really stop mobs from spamming on the roof when I move from left side to the right. I put 2 rows of fences on top, they still appearee. Can somebody explains why?
Do I have to make it go like 30 high?
I'll move this to PC In-Game Support - that's the section where you can ask about things in the game. :) @Master Nikslg, if you need it in Console or Mobile In-Game Support, instead of PC In-Game Support, just let me know.

@Master Nikslg This is place is for posting guides. Not asking questions, This will either be Moved or Locked once a mod notices
Hi @ItzDaBash, in the future please use the Report button if you think a thread is in the wrong section. And then after reporting it, there's no need to post within the thread about it being in the wrong spot. It is very much preferred if you report the post instead of trying to address it and correct the OP yourself. Thanks.

Can you put an image of your base's roof? If anything there's a high chance you just need to put some torches.

Do torches actually reduce mob spawn now?
Just I though that's only in minecraft.
Anyway, that's the only screenshot I have atm cus not at PC.
Slimes keep appearing on top even when I put there some fences.

Attachments

• unknown.png
    unknown.png
    666.4 KB · Views: 692
Can you put an image of your base's roof? If anything there's a high chance you just need to put some torches.
Torches won't make a difference in spawn rate for enemies. :) Sunflowers, NPC presence, Calming Potion, and Peach Candles will reduce the spawn rate.

Do torches actually reduce mob spawn now?
Just I though that's only in minecraft.
Anyway, that's the only screenshot I have atm cus not at PC.
Slimes keep appearing on top even when I put there some fences.
In vanilla Terraria, fences won't stop enemies from spawning. And it's quite possible for them to spawn on the roof if you are offscreen down at the bottom of your house or on the ground.

It looks like you're using mods, I'm not sure if those would be affecting your game differently. But since this is about modded Terraria I'll move it to the General Mod Discussion.

Actually, It would be better if it stayed in General.
I have this issue also in vanilla Terraria.
So yea, Slimes keep spawning.
Also I though fence counts as wall, that's why it should stop enemies from spawning.
Either way, I changed Fences to Glass Wall and still same issue :(

Actually, It would be better if it stayed in General.
I have this issue also in vanilla Terraria.
So yea, Slimes keep spawning.
Also I though fence counts as wall, that's why it should stop enemies from spawning.
Either way, I changed Fences to Glass Wall and still same issue :(
They are spawning in the sky, and then dropping down.

I am confused now. Can Zombies drop down too?
What are the rules of spawning on surface?
And, how exactly NPC affect mob spawn areas?
(I have so many question ;()

Attachments

• 20170915171518_1.jpg
    20170915171518_1.jpg
    326.1 KB · Views: 435
To reiterate what @Unit One has indicated, light levels have absolutely no effect on enemy spawns! This is just Minecraft mechanics carried over by incorrect association.

Okay, I am generally confused now...
Mobs are spawning inside now during the night.
I did not miss any wall, I checked dozens of times :(
Is it because the large room is not "valid" for NPC?
I mean it's too big for NPC to live in (it even says so)

Okay, I am generally confused now...
Mobs are spawning inside now during the night.
I did not miss any wall, I checked dozens of times :(
Is it because the large room is not "valid" for NPC?
I mean it's too big for NPC to live in (it even says so)
They shouldn't be spawning inside if you have player placed walls, but I'm not sure what type of differences the mods you have installed are creating.

You can always put a thin layer of lava on your roof if the enemies up there are really bothering you. But, for the most part, I wouldn't let them worry you so much.

If you have four or more NPCs nearby it will reduce enemy spawn rates, but again, that's for vanilla Terraria.

Back
Top Bottom