PC Moon Event Boss sizes.

Xakk

Eye of Cthulhu
I'm trying to outfit my arena for the moon events, so as to fight the minibossses inside of it. I know Pumpking will phase through the walls, so there's no probem facing him there, but Mourning Wood does not, and I am wondering how big of an opening I am going to need to permit the tree access. Is he comparable to King Slime, or bigger?

Mourning Wood has some lesser form of phasing called "You're dumb blocks can't stop a tree from walking right through them"
He shouldn't be a problem.

It's better to position yourself above the height of Mourning Wood / Everscream / Santa NK-1. They have very heavy contact damage. But if they can't reach you (they can't jump or fly), you only have the projectiles to avoid.

It's better to position yourself above the height of Mourning Wood / Everscream / Santa NK-1. They have very heavy contact damage. But if they can't reach you (they can't jump or fly), you only have the projectiles to avoid.
This I heavily agree with Sigma also as azumaril64 said the all can phase through blocks to get to you if and only if there is no physical way to reach you on the surface. They even can get up to the surface if they spawn underground due to accidentally leaving your arena so you should have nothing to worry about.

How many blocks at a time are we talking here? For the sake of argument imagine my Arena is at the back of one of those surface cave openings you find in hillsides. We aren't talking a three block wide fence here, more like the walls of the dungeon. There are passageways but they average the height of a tall gate.

How many blocks at a time are we talking here? For the sake of argument imagine my Arena is at the back of one of those surface cave openings you find in hillsides. We aren't talking a three block wide fence here, more like the walls of the dungeon. There are passageways but they average the height of a tall gate.
You don't need an opening for Mourning Woods or other Moon minibosses/bosses. They all can walk through or fly through blocks.

You don't need an opening for Mourning Woods or other Moon minibosses/bosses. They all can walk through or fly through blocks.

Kind of sort of. I find they will phase through until they reached a solid surface. Its sort of like how wraiths and reapers move, but they can be blocked by walls. Its a weird bit of programming.

Kind of sort of. I find they will phase through until they reached a solid surface. Its sort of like how wraiths and reapers move, but they can be blocked by walls. Its a weird bit of programming.
I think the distinction at a general level is that Mourning Wood, Everscream and Santa NK-1 is that they can pass horizontally through blocks, but they can't fall through blocks.

Back
Top Bottom