Moon Lord Broken?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Nebula orb for health buffs your natural regeneration. It doesn't have a drain effect like the spectre set w/hood does or the vampire knives, thus it's "healing" isn't affected at all since the leech doesn't negate your natural regeneration, just drain healing.
I understand now. Well, not there's a sustainable reason why Nebula armor is more effective than Spectre.

Ah yea, haha, I did everything myself (except some info online)
[DOUBLEPOST=1435954683,1435954631][/DOUBLEPOST]Hey Pedguin used my tactic.

After dying 20+ times in NORMAL MODE I opened cheat engine and we all know what happened from there on. (pre-moon lord gear)

Personally, I enjoy the debuff. It makes the fight a lot more difficult, and i honestly think that's what the game needs.

[Solo'd all the bosses on Expert.]

EDIT: Leeches can be avoided by the way.
Farm out a Rod of Discord . Teleport away from the leeches and easily avoid laser beams.
>Can still heal. Play style not invalidated.

Last edited:
Managed to solo Moon Lord myself just now for the first time, I have killed him twice a friend previously. I used happydaysgaming method, made the solar eruption from the solar pillar and spammed the crap out of the hands :) It seems over whelming when you first encounter him, but it is possible to kill him!

Managed to solo Moon Lord myself just now for the first time, I have killed him twice a friend previously. I used happydaysgaming method, made the solar eruption from the solar pillar and spammed the crap out of the hands :) It seems over whelming when you first encounter him, but it is possible to kill him!

I personally love it when you one fights a boss without having an arena and being quite prepared yet.

HappyDay's tutorial on Moon Lord is more about having an easy kill on him. To me, there's no challenge or fun in that.

Unlike HappyDays, I prefer to fight him with no potions, no buffs of any kind, and no arena. This makes it much more for fun for and honestly, it's more skill demanding than a simple old arena.

SETUP: Betlee Armor, Solar Eruption, Cosmic Car Key, Iron Skin potion, Regeneration Potion and when you are low on health just TP your self to nurse and just kill it (With this setup you will TP to nurse like only 2-4 times)

oh well this means nothing to me then he's no sweat on normal mode. Expert mode though he's tough. Found a cheap way to kill him though

From my pov a legendary boss like this one should be beatable by anyone having the 'old' end-game gear. Whether you're having leeching abilities or not, the boss fight itself should provide enough opportunities to heal up and recuperate. That is why I think this boss-fight is pretty poorly designed. And honestly, most of the games have poorly designed boss battles so no hate towards Terraria or anything like that.. It might just be personal, but I always fight boss fights really bland.. in a lot of games..

Moon lord is not that hard.... just have minecraft track from left to right ocean and mechanical cart and beetle armor with shell + worm scarf + ankh shield + star veil + celestial stone + fire gauntlet ( all with +4 or +3 defence ). As weapon use possed hatchet and influx waver. also ironskin and regeneration potion is good... and just ride around in cart at max speed and shoot behind u :D ( his tongue cant get to u when are u ate 102 mph :D ) also sorry for my bad english

Last edited:
I made an account after lurking here for many years just to reply to this topic =P

After beating the Moon Lord with friends maybe 6 times, I've beaten the Moon Lord alone many times using many different pre-lunar techniques. I don't feel like he's that hard. I actually feel like the solar part of the lunar event is sometimes harder (because of the worms where you have to attack the tip of the tail and the guys who reflect all your bullets back).

The first time I beat him I used a Megashark/Shroomite combo. Start the lunar event and get the much-stronger-than-Megashark Vortex Repeater and use it with Chlorophyte bullets (later I did it with the infinite musket ball bag). Then either use the UFO mount or a long minecart to run and shoot at the same time; easy as pie. If you run low on HP, I was always able to heal with potions. If you can't heal then just mirror back to base, use the healer and then get back on the mine track and run/shoot. You can keep enough distance to where the eyes won't hit you.

Then I used a rocket launcher/Shroomite combo. Then I used a shotgun/Shroomite combo. Then I used a summoner/star cell combo with Spooky and Tiki armor. Then I used a couple melee combos with Beetle armor, one with Vampire Knives and another with the lunar event weapons (the Solar Eruption and Daybreak). Then I did the healing version of the Spectre armor with nebula magic.

Here are some tips to make it much easier:

-Make sure you have full yellow hearts.
-Have one of the previous endgame armors: Shroomite, Beetle, Spooky/Tiki, Spectre.
-Use the dragon summon from the star cells lunar fragments to help you greatly (you can do this without beating the moon lord).
-Use a weapon for your class from the lunar fragments (they can be made before beating the moon lord).
-Start a quick expert mode map and beat the Eater of Worlds to get its treasure bag. The Worm Scarf he drops 100% makes expert and lunar stuff MUCH easier and more manageable.
-You can use the lunar fragments to make better potions that heal a bit more.
-Have the Cross Necklace so you can't get hit and take damage nearly as often.
-Once again, get the Worm Scarf! <Makes all harder content much easier.

Also you can be immortal. Get the Beetle Armor or a luminite armor with the highest def, get warding equipment, the worm scarf and the Cross Necklace, lay down spikes like the ones from the dungeon or jungle temple, stand on the spikes. You will keep taking 1 damage from standing on the spikes, heal it back, and never take damage from any boss hit even standing right next to it. I beat Golem like 30 times without being hit once using this method. I never tried it on other bosses but I don't see why it wouldn't work.

Step 1) Acquire : UFO + Megashark (or Vortex Beater, better) + Chlorophyte Bullets. + Shroomite Armor with the Bullet dmg headgear.
Step 2) Just keep moving away from him and spamming bullets.
Step 3) ???
Step 4) Profit!

Just finished getting all my Luminite gear yesterday. =]
rfwARqV.png

I think the life-leech denial should just be evadable, then I would be OK if it nageates all kinds of healing, but just don't make it a nearly insta-hitting blink-of-an-eye attack. Right now it's just poor boss design. Terraria generally has this problem a bit, you always have to work your way around sometimes with invincibility machines or skybridges.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom